Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help Me w/ Tipping the Staff?!?!?

Hey guys need your help!!

I flew in today and I am waiting for them to take me down to surgery.

Was wondering for those of you that have been here and already had your surgery what you tipped?...Trying to get an idea of what to tip the driver that picked us up at the airport / if they run you to the store/ or pick something up like food or drinks?

I definitely believe they deserve tips but also don't want to forget anyone that I should have tipped along the way?

Also did you tip for every time or at the end of your stay.

Please help me

thanks

Can't wait to get wheeled down for surgery

Tip each time - people are different

The better you tip - the better service you will have. These are my feelings and thoughts.

You will most definitely want to tip everyone because everyone goes out of their way to make sure that you are happy and well taken care of.

How much you tip is up to you and none can tell you how much. Tip what you feel comfortable with.

Mike

Big Mike/Harley guy

...Thanks for all the adive and comments.I have followed you before my surgery and still now after

I was actually talking about you today asking Juan if he was the one you hung out with when you were down here :D

I knew you two hit it off and had a great time together by follwing your post. Juan walked me hard today 3miles to the farmers market and 3 miles back. What a great experience the market was

Im still having that hard swallowing gas feel .So if you have any tips would love if you send them my way big guy!

Hope your doing good

Let me know how for out you are from surgey... and how your feeling... and what you have lost.... cant wait to get over this swallowing hurdle. Thanks Dawn :P

oh yea forgot to mention the tipping part.....

I hope EVRYONE Tips when they come down here VERY IMPORTANT!!!!........you should pack alot of $1 and $5 and a few $10 this is what we did because we have been to Cancun several times.

YES BY ALL MEANS TIP VERY WELL.... THEY ALL DESERVE IT ...... I was just confused as should i do it everytime or at the end to everyone.

THIS IS WHAT I LEARNED AND FELT WAS BEST THESE FEW DAYS OF BEING HERE...................

*Big Robert takes you from airport to hospital and then back to airport.......we are tipping him at the end

*Rosa at the Hospital who is the sweetest and friendliest and and gets your traveling friend coffee ice chips and Water...we tipped everyday

*Little Robert...who hangs out with you ..visits..takes hubby to store.. or to get food we tipped him everytime. He is like a personal servant.

Juan at the recovery house is like another personal assistant. He gets you to walk all over town, takes you to the store. took us to a restaraunt so my hubby could get good food and i had the best broth ever...ask him about the pinto bean Soup my husband had cant wait to make that when i get home..he told us to wait till the end when i tried tipping him.

i hope this forum helps and everyone does read this before they go down to have their surgery

THANK YOU BIG ROBERT, ROSA, LITTLE ROBERT AND JUAN.

Dawn -

2 months out and down 49 lbs.

Eating almost anything that I want. Still have not tried steak as sometimes a grilled chicken breast is tough for me, but everything else is easy.

Hope you are well.

Mike

Honestly the kindness and care that we experienced was top notch. I was never made to feel this attention was only to obtain a tip which made me want to tip more.