Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

thanks for this

Thank you all so much! I had sleeve surgery on 4/22/19. Total lost (before and after surgery) is 26 lbs. I have "stalled out" the past few days and started to worry that maybe I am doing something wrong. I came here and spent time reading all of your posts and feel so much better. I am absolutely feeling like my clothes continue to get looser every day, despite what the scale says. (I put on a hoodie today that used to be too tight and it hung on me. Also, the shoulders of my suit jackets are now too loose.) I will embrace the stall and understand it for what it is, my body readjusting to all of this and doing the work to get smaller. You guys rock and are such an inspiration to someone new to all of this!

Okay. I’m reminding myself every day for the last 3 weeks to embrace, embrace, EMBRACE this stall!!!
I’m a bit over 3.5 months post-op and ran smack into a wall.
One thing I refuse to do is take my eye off the prize of a healthier, fitter, happier, and smaller me!
NSV are extremely important during this phase and even though my body is in a “still” phase, it got me through an increase in physical activity and it’s still (slowly) losing inches.
More importantly, I’ve dropped about a half pant size while gaining over a pound since the stall started. 🤷‍♀️

I’m still almost 50 pounds from my goal weight, but rising the crest of this stall is important to keep moving forward.

I have been in a stall for a couple of months myself and needed this message. Thank you!

_NOT_ embracing my stall as good as I thought😏

Great post thank you

Been annoyed by the slow rate of weightloss lately, "only" lost 4 kg since newyears. Been hanging around 97-96 for ages it felt like. What do you know, got my period and lost 2 kg over night.

So this is something I think some of you might be interested in:

I had 3 major stalls in my first 10 months PO.
In spite of that, I managed to hit GW in my 8th month.

Then at 10 months out (which was during the holidays) I found myself at the same weight for a month and I was thinking I was in maintenance. I was 5-7 pounds BELOW GW, so the maintain didn’t bother me.
I put my scale away bc I wanted to just enjoy my new body and lifestyle and told myself I’d use how my clothes fit as a guide.

Then about 2 weeks ago I was taking a selfie and noticed my clothes were baggier than I remembered. Got on the scale and was shocked to discover another 6 pound loss.
During that 3-4 week period of time, I ate and drank with reckless abandon. I most surely didn’t “earn” that 6 pound drop.
And since then I’ve dropped another 2 pounds while trying to INCREASE my calories.

Stalls are weird and they can take you by surprise. That last one disguised itself as maintenance.

I always advise people not to weight daily, but I can't practice what I preach. I've been weighing daily, and have a "ministall" almost weekly. If I didn't weigh daily I wouldn't even be aware of it! I've got to stop the insanity!

Edited by JRT Mom

On 1/8/2020 at 6:52 AM, MsMocie said:

_NOT_ embracing my stall as good as I thought😏

Saaaaaaaaaaaame here!

Time to bump the thread - Embrace the stall.

If any of you are religious, I apoligize for the use of the holy names,

Jesus, christ, oh my lanta, I know I've lost 10kgs since newyears, I also know I complained about a month ago a few post ago when my scale wouldn't budge. I since lost some weight, but the last week I wondered if my scale is broken. Keep moving it around the house to test if it is the surface, but it only shows 92,7.

Nothing else, no variation. Not 92,6, not 92,8. Not 93. Not 92,5. 92,7 blank. Every time. All the time. For almost a week and a half. I know I am ovulating, but still - then I should have seen some upgain at the least😂😂

The key is to drink Water all day in the car .. in the kitchen watching TV then walk at least 20-30 min daily .. log your food on fitness pal the app has saved my life when I saw one particular food was 1000 calories I was shocked learn your calories