Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Almost 3 Months Post-op and Surprise...

So after constant nausea, pure exhaustion again, and smelling this awful smell in my house that noone else can smell I decided to take a test to be safe... I never, ever, in a million years expected a positive test. We've used protection and I had a doctor's appointment on Monday to get on the pill or have an IUD placed again.

Tomorrow is our 9th wedding anniversary so I will be finding a way to break the news to hubby then... but I don't want him telling a lot of people because I'm scared. I'm terrified of what my surgeon will say... terrified of what our families will think.. and terrified at ending up with a loss. I figure I am about 6.5 weeks pregnant at the time.

Advice, suggestions, tips, etc? Please not negative comments... like I said, we were preventing, but it happened anyhow.

First of all - CONGRATS! Babies are the greatest gift.

Second - Take a breath. Its gonna be ok! You become more fertile as you lose weight and may women have faced early post op pregnancies. Get to a OBGYN as soon as possible. your surgery will make it a high risk pregnancy. go and read the pregnancy forum on here, you will feel less alone. :-)

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter what people think. Its not their body or journey.

Happy Anniversary too! My Hubby and I just celebrated our 6th. :-)

My surgeon just shot me a look but wasn't upset. He said for me to maintain my Vitamins and follow the orders of my ob. Which I haven't gone to see yet. I'm 7 weeks and 3.5 months post op. 50 lbs down. Good luck and don't stress about their reactions. U did everything u Cld to avoid it. I even took morning after pill right away and was allergic to it. :(

This happens to a lot of women though... all that estrogen I guess lol

I went for ultrasound and saw only the gestational sac. So good news is that we weren't as far along as my period dated me being.. I must have ovulated late.. which is normal for me. My cycles have always been between 45 and 60 days long. So hoping and praying we have a viable pregnancy here. With the afternoon sickness and overly sensitive sense of smell, I could only hope this means baby is growing!! Anxious to hear from my ob tomorrow.

Momma_missie - how exciting! I had the same thing when I had my first child. Late ovulation so I wasn't as far along as I thought I was. What is your estimated due date?

I'm two months out and just discovered I'm pregnant at 40. A welcomed surprise. Hope everything goes well for all of us!

Congrats!! I'm ten months post op and 6wks along. Babies are so wonderful! My initial labs came back good as well.

Due date??

Edited by mduffield

My due date is June 11, 2016. What about you?

I don't see my doctor until November 9 though.

May 31st!

Can't believe I'm 6 weeks pregnant after having my sleeve surgery almost 2 months ago. Saw my OB today scard to talk to my surgeon, they said wait until a year to conceive. Happy to know I'm not the only one. Just turned 40. Feeling terrified and stupid. Do people have ok pregnancies after getting pregnant so early? Will this mess up our sleeve surgery? Scared and confused!

Can't believe I'm 6 weeks pregnant after having my sleeve surgery almost 2 months ago. Saw my OB today scard to talk to my surgeon, they said wait until a year to conceive. Happy to know I'm not the only one. Just turned 40. Feeling terrified and stupid. Do people have ok pregnancies after getting pregnant so early? Will this mess up our sleeve surgery? Scared and confused!

Congrats! As long as your ob is aware of the surgery, they should be able to direct you. You'll need labs done often and make sure your getting proper nutrition for baby. You can still be successful as long as you follow orders appropriately.

At ten months out I still have tight restriction. A meal for me is 200 calories. I eat six small meals a day and measure my Water to make sure it's enough.

Your gonna do fine! Your body is capable of amazing things.

Be sure to exercise as well! ;)

Congrats ladies!!!

And also, well done to the gents who managed to shoot and score!!!

Kinda...

First of all, congratulations to you all! Secondly, can I join you? I just found out I am almost 5 wks pregnant and only 9 mos. out from GSV. I'm also 37, will be 38 at EDD. Here's to an easy pregnancy for us all!

First of all, congratulations to you all! Secondly, can I join you? I just found out I am almost 5 wks pregnant and only 9 mos. out from GSV. I'm also 37, will be 38 at EDD. Here's to an easy pregnancy for us all!

Congrats & Welcome!