Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am a self pay patient, as my insurance does not cover Bariatrics. I am interested in going to Puget Sound Surgical Center for Bariatrics in Edmonds, WA. The doctor I prefer is Dr. Peter Billing. My total cost for the VSG or LSG is $17,400. My pre-op apts such as Dietician, Physiologist & Mental Health will run about $930 (with my insurance paying for some of that). So I am looking at right around $18,000.

Has anyone gone to Puget Sound Center and had Dr. Billing? If so, please let me know what your thoughts are on all aspects -- I would love to hear from you!

Thank you in advance and have a blessed day! :)

I had Dr. Billings and he was absolutely wonderful. Not only a great surgeon but a truly inspiring person. I paid out of pocket as well and those are the same costs I had. My insurance paid for the nutritionist & psych. I used my health savings account to pay the rest. That way it was tax free money. I had my surgery Oct. 30. Everyone at PSBC has been wonderful. The preop diet wasn't that bad compared to others that I've read on here. Let me know if you have specific questions. I know you can go to Mexico for less but I needed the peace of mind of having it done someplace that I trusted.

~LA

I credit Dr Billing with saving my life. I was so emotional over my failed band, my out of control obesity and and just so discouraged that anything would ever work for me.. I had tried so many times and I just got heavier and heavier as the years past.

Dr Billing was compassionate, helped me understand the obesity disease process, removed my slipped / failed lapband and his words gave me the courage to try again... to get the sleeve.

Dr Landerholm did my actual sleeve surgery due to scheduling issues - I think the world of him too.

I luckily had insurance to cover the costs, but I felt very supported by that group including the office staff, nutritionalist etc- this was all 2011 and I only swing by once a year now, so don't know if they are still so friendly and supportive as they have grown ALOT - but i go there for other procedures now as I trust them so much.

I have had a colonoscopy there and if I ever need a surgery that fits their expertise, i would go again as I just trust them and feel like they are very concerned with patients... and are very educated on OBESITY not just surgery.

@@CowgirlJane Thank you very much for your quick response! Did you do an over night stay or did you go home after surgery that day? I am a little scared about that part. I live 2 hours away, so I will stay in a hotel for a night or two just so that I am close to the clinic.

@@SeahawksFan Thank you for your response!! It is very encouraging to hear good things about Puget Sound Center and Dr. Billing. I have been doing research for quite sometime now and I am so ready! Did you stay over night or did you just have the day surgery and go home? I live 2 hours away, so I will be staying in a hotel for a night or two just to be close to the clinic in case anything happens.

I stayed overnight for the sleeve due to my sleep apnea (studies show that people with sleep apnea have higher risk of stopping breathing in the hours after surgery). I came home same day after band removal as they didn't have that policy.

I was scared too, but i liked much better not being admitted to a hospital and did fine coming home quickly.

I stayed the night because I had sleep apnea as well. It cost an extra $750. You sleep in an upright comfy chair and they wake you up every so often to walk around.

~LA