Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone having surgery in Oct ?

????????????????????????????

@@miiasan I'm so happy to hear that!!! I had my surgery on 10/22 and I'm

Honestly starting to freak out!! Was planning to call office tomorrow. I lost 14# right off and now only a pound since. I'm exercising all the time and measuring my portions precisely. Maybe I'm overly anxious?? Lol

But thank you for sharing... I feel much better!!!

Good luck to all us October was rough we all started a new Journey !!! My surgery was 23 October I still struggle with my liquids & Protein. I scared of get dehydrated That like the worst thing that can happen end up back @ hospital . But look at the bright side I already lost 30 lbs before surgery after I have lost something like 10 lbs. so it's worth it all the pain & discomfort we are going through that's cuz I am not exercise At all taking easy beside I think after I see my Doctor this coming week I have to get ball rolling & start to walk thank you all & good luck to all

@@dancingqueene I am in a stall as well. Lost fifteen pounds my first two weeks and not even a pound my third. Hoping to see the scale move soon!

I'm with you both. Surgery Oct 19th and great losses then bam! Nothing for 6 days. Not a pound. I've heard of this stall though so I'm not sweating it. I am eating so much less than I used to. Mathematically it must work and it will. We have to just stick to the program. I wonder if I'll drop more once I'm off liquids and eating puréed. I've heard that often people lose more steadily once their calorie intake isn't so low. Anyway your posts make me feel better. I am experiencing so much of what many of you describe. We are not alone and we will do this!!!!!

We will do this! I was actually up half a pound today but I am attributing this to "that time of the month" . I have not started yet but feel very bloated and about 4 days late.

Has anyone heard anything about Ron????

Hey guys. I'm one week out on my RNY. I am on a full liquid diet for the entire month of November.

First and foremost, I'm off my diabetic meds completely, and the highest my blood sugar has been is 110, after a Protein Shake. If nothing else happens, it's worth it all just for this.

I too am swollen. I wore size 18 pants going to the hospital. I had to dig out stretchy 22s and sweatpants to be comfortable now.

I drink three Premiere Protein Shakes a day. One when I first get up, 'cause I know I haven't had anything to drink for thirty minutes; one after I walk my dog, and after I take a nap in the afternoon, each for the same reason. In between I'm drinking diluted Power Ade or Diet Cranberry juice, and a cup of some cream Soup. Last night I managed a cup of chamomile tea too. As long as I drink slowly and take "ladylike" sips, I can handle it with minimal issues. I haven't been charting my volume, but my output has remained light and I'm using the restroom six or eight times a day.

I can say this, I don't think about food. I've cooked for my husband and son, and done the grocery shopping without even caring. It's as though someone turned a switch off in my head.

Pain. Yep. I have it over my upper left incision, accompanied by swelling, but no redness or fever. The surgeon had my JP drain removed prior to leaving the hospital Wednesday, even when the nurses thought my output was far too high, but he felt my body would re-absorb what he was seeing and because I live three hours away. I'm attributing the pain to that. All the other incisions are pain free. I spoke with the Bariatric Coordinator at the hospital on Friday, and she told me that pain, bruising and swelling at that incision was normal. I have a tendency to be too active too soon after any surgery, and I think I'm going to try to slow down just a little. It's hard for me to do, as my Lab pup, Woody, loves his walks and swimming. I may just have to throw him the ball more in the yard. My son is being quite helpful with the laundry, but I swear my house would quickly be buried under dishes and debris if I ever was afflicted with something that truly kept me on bedrest!

They sent me home with my Q-pump and Tylenol #3. They would have given me Norco had the dispensing legal requirement not been so problematic with a prescription crossing state lines. I did okay for a couple days, until the T#3 started causing Constipation. I had Norco at home from a previous surgery in August, so I've been taking that crushed and mixed with Water. It's nasty, but effective.

The surgeon also told me to forego my blood pressure meds, but I couldn't abide the 158/68 readings I was getting consistently, so started taking a minimal dose, bringing it back down to 121/68. I think it's pretty safe to say I'm going to have to lose some weight before I can go back off them completely.

As to losing, I haven't--maybe a pound or two, but with the swelling, I don't really expect to see any. My face already appears thinner, I think the fat is coming off, but the water retention in my belly is keeping it from showing up on the scale.

Anyway, that's how it's going here. I am reading everyone's posts and thinking of each of you...just not spending much time at a keyboard. Hang in there! :)

Edited by AnnainOK

Hey guys. I'm one week out on my RNY. I am on a full liquid diet for the entire month of November.

First and foremost, I'm off my diabetic meds completely, and the highest my blood sugar has been is 110, after a Protein Shake. If nothing else happens, it's worth it all just for this.

I too am swollen. I wore size 18 pants going to the hospital. I had to dig out stretchy 22s and sweatpants to be comfortable now.

I drink three Premiere Protein Shakes a day. One when I first get up, 'cause I know I haven't had anything to drink for thirty minutes; one after I walk my dog, and after I take a nap in the afternoon, each for the same reason. In between I'm drinking diluted Power Ade or Diet Cranberry juice, and a cup of some cream Soup. Last night I managed a cup of chamomile tea too. As long as I drink slowly and take "ladylike" sips, I can handle it with minimal issues. I haven't been charting my volume, but my output has remained light and I'm using the restroom six or eight times a day.

I can say this, I don't think about food. I've cooked for my husband and son, and done the grocery shopping without even caring. It's as though someone turned a switch off in my head.

Pain. Yep. I have it over my upper left incision, accompanied by swelling, but no redness or fever. The surgeon had my JP drain removed prior to leaving the hospital Wednesday, even when the nurses thought my output was far too high, but he felt my body would re-absorb what he was seeing and because I live three hours away. I'm attributing the pain to that. All the other incisions are pain free. I spoke with the Bariatric Coordinator at the hospital on Friday, and she told me that pain, bruising and swelling at that incision was normal. I have a tendency to be too active too soon after any surgery, and I think I'm going to try to slow down just a little. It's hard for me to do, as my Lab pup, Woody, loves his walks and swimming. I may just have to throw him the ball more in the yard. My son is being quite helpful with the laundry, but I swear my house would quickly be buried under dishes and debris if I ever was afflicted with something that truly kept my on bedrest!

They sent me home with my Q-pump and Tylenol #3. They would have given me Norco had the dispensing legal requirement not been so problematic with a prescription crossing state lines. I did okay for a couple days, until the T#3 started causing Constipation. I had Norco at home from a previous surgery in August, so I've been taking that crushed and mixed with Water. It's nasty, but effective.

The surgeon also told me to forego my blood pressure meds, but I couldn't abide the 158/68 readings I was getting consistently, so started taking a minimal dose, bringing it back down to 121/68. I think it's pretty safe to say I'm going to have to lose some weight before I can go back off them completely.

As to losing, I haven't--maybe a pound or two, but with the swelling, I don't really expect to see any. My face already appears thinner, I think the fat is coming off, but the water retention in my belly is keeping it from showing up on the scale.

Anyway, that's how it's going here. I am reading everyone's posts and thinking of each of you...just not spending much time at a keyboard. Hang in there! :)

Great post! Thanks for sharing! And it's amazing how you're doing with your Protein and liquids. Keep it up!

@@dancingqueene I am in a stall as well. Lost fifteen pounds my first two weeks and not even a pound my third. Hoping to see the scale move soon!

Yep, 3.5 weeks out here… stalled around 2.5, moved a little last week or so and now at a standstill again… I guess I just need to stay off the scale, lol!

I've been stalled for five days. Talked to my nut today and she said I need to up the calories a bit and stay with the program. So that's what I'm going to try! As for Ron, nothing new on his Facebook page since Oct 23rd where a step-son (maybe) posted he loved him. So I'm assuming that's not anything good. I wish we knew!! I think about him all the time!!

Hey everyone just wanted a lil info from anyone who may know. I was curious. What do we do if we throw up?

How long do we wait to eat again?

Should we drink something before trying to eat?

Sent from my SM-N915P using Tapatalk

Never eat with food again. Takes up too much room. Are you supposed to be eating so soon? Most of us are doing two weeks of liquid diet and then we start puréed foods for a few weeks.

I'm not eating I was just curious if anyone knew

@@jjod

Edited by s0rda

From what I understand everyones plan is different. From surgery I was told liquids for 5 weeks, then onto the pureed stage without carbs for the 1st week