Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My pre-op diet seems a bit different. Makes me wonder if I'm doing it right, but it's the one I got from my doctor. I thought I was going to be on clear liquid for two weeks as well. Instead, its low-carb/high Protein, then the day before surgery is Clear Liquids only. The week before I went on it, I ate whatever I wanted. Figured that would be the last time to do that. I didn't go all-out nuts, but did have chocolate malt custard. It was awesome(I'm an ice cream fan). I've been on pre-op for a week now, and it isn't so bad because I was on Atkins for awhile a few years ago. Plus, I'm a carnivore, and I sure hope that doesn't change after the surgery! The thing that keeps me on track is that the diet is supposed to help shrink my liver so the operation will be easier, and if the liver is inflamed, the surgeon will cancel the operation. I do not want that to happen! So I stay on track. You get creative tho. I wanted pizza. Soooo wanted pizza. Can't have that. But! I took hamburger and added Tomato sauce(low carb) Italian seasoning, minced garlic, grilling spice and mozzarella cheese and made meatballs. It sufficed! If there's a work-around, where I can have what I want(almost) and still be on plan, I will find it! lol I try to remember that I can have 'real food' again in 3 months or so, this part is only temporary. That helps sometimes. I really wish I could have coffee, I'm a pot and a half a day gal. Was, anyway. Can't have caffeine. Or cream Soups. Also, I hate greek yogurt as well. Fage has a low carb option, plain of course. It's awful by itself, but I have the Walden Farm products, found them when I was on low carb before. They make all sorts of stuff, salad dressings, syrups, Peanut Butter, apple butter, and ALL of it is zero carbs, zero calories, zero sugar, zero fat. I just mix the yogurt with some strawberry Syrup and it's quite doable. Hang in there, this is going to be awesome for all of us!

I am so grateful my doc didn't make me do a pre-op diet.

The day before the surgery was my only day and I had to do clear liquids.

I never would have made it two weeks on a liquid diet!

Hey everyone I haven't been on in a lil while trying to find balance between work home the kids hubby & the dog!!! I started my 3 week liquid diet this past Wednesday and my HEAD HUNGER is getting the best of me... 3 lean Protein boost shakes a day, so Jello and popcicles, clear broth, fruit 2 o Water, 1 cup vegetables 3x a day, Vitamin zero water, crystal lite, Decaf teas no sugar! My surgery date is 10/28/15 I'm definitely in nesting mode and getting anxious and nervous at the same time. I could use lots of support... I have my family they are super supportive but don't 100% understand this journey or what I'm feeling or what I'm going through physically. Well I know I made the right choice and im blessed truly blessed my emotions are all over the place and this lack of food do to the liquid diet is driving me crazy any suggestions anyone?

I found out Tuesday that my liquid diet includes yogurt and cream Soups. (Without fruit and bits of meats)

Indeed..still dreading it though

I'm not going to lie I just had my surgery yesterday and a day before u have to take laxative. I cheated. But hand in there

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Hi everyone,

I'm totally new to this forum.

I'm just beginning my journey.

My story is that like most I've been on so many diets.

Last year (July 2014) I was at my lowest in a long time (201 lbs) and even won a weight loss challenge contest.

But since, I've again gained much, not all back.. Today I am 241.

I'm so tired of the up and down.

My problem is a little food just doesn't satisfy me.. I'm still hungry..

So I want the sleeve surgery.

I went to weight loss class yesterday.

In 3 weeks (Oct 29th) I go to Orientation and then meet with the Surgeon and the Dietician.

I want to try and drop some weight before so that maybe the surgeon will give me my surgery date

You all seem very encouraging

Thank you... You all will have great success, and I'm excited for us all

Heidi

I'm on day 13 of all liquid. Doing just Clear liquids now and surgery on Monday morning. I have no energy to do anything. All I can do is walking the dogs, reading and sleeping. Went to the movies with friends today and wanted to murder everyone with popcorn.

I have had the weirdest food cravings like vienna sausage - I wouldn't not be caught dead with these - EVER.

Milk of magnesium tomorrow and Sunday. I think its fair to hole myself off from the rest of the world. I am such a hellacious female dog right now. Not to mention, an utter emotional mess. This rapid weight loss has all my cycle all freaked out.

Can Monday just get here already?

You cracked me up! I will have to do the 2week diet soon enough and it does not sound like fun. I. Think I would have grabbed the popcorn bags and thrown it everywhere. I will not be able to go to the movies during that 2 weeks. I have impulse control issues that I think will probably get me in trouble if I leave my house much. Good luck for the rest of your two weeks and with your surgery!

You cracked me up! I will have to do the 2week diet soon enough and it does not sound like fun. I. Think I would have grabbed the popcorn bags and thrown it everywhere. I will not be able to go to the movies during that 2 weeks. I have impulse control issues that I think will probably get me in trouble if I leave my house much. Good luck for the rest of your two weeks and with your surgery!

I think at this point, I'm just anxious to get it over with. Plus the lack of food is horrible. I know post surgery I won't be hungry, which is great, but for now, it's torturous.

I'm not sure of your age, but with the rapid weight loss, I have been spotting for the past month. Could also be that I started depo (shot) in August. Not sure. Just keep an eye out for that.

Hi everyone,

I'm totally new to this forum.

I'm just beginning my journey.

My story is that like most I've been on so many diets.

Last year (July 2014) I was at my lowest in a long time (201 lbs) and even won a weight loss challenge contest.

But since, I've again gained much, not all back.. Today I am 241.

I'm so tired of the up and down.

My problem is a little food just doesn't satisfy me.. I'm still hungry..

So I want the sleeve surgery.

I went to weight loss class yesterday.

In 3 weeks (Oct 29th) I go to Orientation and then meet with the Surgeon and the Dietician.

I want to try and drop some weight before so that maybe the surgeon will give me my surgery date

You all seem very encouraging

Thank you... You all will have great success, and I'm excited for us all

Heidi

Congrats on your new journey, Heidi. I don't want to be discouraging in anyway, but usually you have to jump through several hoops before you get a surgery date. If you're self pay, it's a whole different ball game. Just to give you some insight.

I met with my surgeon end of May 2015. I did the required labs, barium test, chest x-ray, and saw the nutritionist 3 times. I also attended two orientations (PAMF requirement). I also chose to attend support groups, which has been great.

From start to approval date for surgery: May 26 - Sept 18

Surgery date Oct 12

I was required to lose 10% of my excess body weight - 12 lbs

I'm currently down almost 30 since I start this journey

Best of luck and if you'd like to see my journey - follow my blog FromAtoSleeve.blogspot.com