Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stupid things people say when they find out you've had surgery....

"That's the easy way out!" yes...so easy to have someone cut me open and remove 85% of my stomach. Recovery is a breeze and now I sit and watch tv while the weight falls off. (hope you all read the sarcasm there!)

Sent from my VS990 using the BariatricPal App

...and go!!!!!

Does your stomach grow back?

You're going to gain the weight back plus some!

I know a few people that are bigger now than before they started.

It just never ends!

This so true.... One person asked me was it an actual sleeve that can come off lol smh

Sent from my LG-D850 using the BariatricPal App

My gp's PA was a complete horses butt. I had to get off the HCTZ in my BP meds for dehydration issues. When I went in he asked why, I explained that I was having the gastric sleeve. He mouthed off "good luck we will see you in a year when you can't absorb nutrients and are malnourished and sick". Really, because it's not a malabsorption surgery-duuuhhhh! I just now request to see a different doctor because he is obviously not educated enough to be my doc!!!

I've heard all kinds of things that are silly. And before I was educated I even said a few of the stupid things. My friend snuck off to Mexico and didn't tell a soul... I was so hurt... probably because I would have liked to have gone too! But it's all good now-the losers bench is a great place to be!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Jesus loves you!!!

Omg so funny!!! I have heard that so much lately from hubby... u r gonna lose your butt trying to be skinny like a white girl... I just laugh and smh!!! There are thin black females also world with no butt, I just so happen not to be one of them but they do exist , lol.

Why do you want to be a size 6/8? Those sizes are for white people. People pay for a butt like yours.

Really????

I'm use to stupid comments because when you have children with autism you hear all sorts of things but so far I've heard the I'm not heavy enough for surgery. I've heard about 2 people who knew someone who died and I've also had people who in an effort to sell me their products (wraps, beachbody) to try before I do something drastic.

Sent from my SM-N900T using the BariatricPal App

My personal favorite.....You really didn't look like you needed to lose that much weight. REALLY??? Were you blind?

Yeah I get that way to often

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using the BariatricPal App

We are suppose to ENCOURAGE and LIFT each other, not try to tear each other down.

So I'd PRAY AND ASK GOD TO REMOVE ALL NEGATIVE PEOPLE FROM MY LIFE.

It's obvious they DON'T LOVE US NOR MEAN US ANY GOOD, because If They Did, THEY WOULD PRAY FOR US, ENCOURAGE US, LIFT US AND SUPPORT US AND OUR DECISIONS.

THE ONLY REASON THIS SHOULD NOT BE DONE IS IF ONE GETS THAT FROM GOD,

BECAUSE ONLY HE KNOWS WHAT TRULY BEST FOR US.

Matthew 7:1-2 KJV

1 Judge not, that ye be not judged. 2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

Ephesians 4:29 KJV

Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

So PLEASE Disregard and Block out any negativity as Best You Can, and PRAY if that person should still be in your life

In closing, SOME PEOPLE ARE BEST and EASIER LOVED AT A DISTANCE.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using the BariatricPal App

"Oh! You will be soooo pretty when you finally lose that weight!"

"That's kinda the easy way out, isn't it?"

"You know that you can gain all of your weight back if you're not careful!"

"Losing weight is easy. You can do anything you set your mind to do. You didn't need surgery."

My husband is behind me 110%, however he will say "you look great to me" or "you really aren't that big". Honey, all due respect, I can't even tie my damn shoes without un-buckling my pants and taking a deep breath and holding it. Dude...hush up. Support me and we will be alright. Love ya.

Loving Me

Edited by thenewdanni78

Amen girl ????... my husband was against surgery... I think for his own insecurities and he would tell me the same , I don't need it and I look just fine how I am. Well, fast forward 44 lbs down since my highest weight and he can't keep his hands off of me, lol. I had to do what was right for me and not him. And I did and I am so pleased thus far with outcome but still ways to go to goal but I am on track to getting there.

My husband is behind me 110%, however he will say "you look great to me" or "you really aren't that big". Honey, all due respect, I can't even tie my damn shoes without un-buckling my pants and taking a deep breath and holding it. Dude...hush up. Support me and we will be alright. Love ya.

Loving Me

People will say things that will hurt our feelings. I always feel like many are just waiting for me to fail. I keep this in perspective when going out in groups because I know someone will make a negative comment.

I did this for me and I dont regret my decision. So whatever they may say or not say I wont give them the satisfaction of paying mind to it. I am focusing on me for the first time in my life I am my first priority.

I have lost 75 pounds and I am 10 months post-op. I have this one family member tell me I can really tell in your face you have lost weight. Thats where I can really tell. Really and where did the rest of my body fat go? I have dropped five dress sizes. ???? ???? How can one not notice that !

Another family member who is morbidly obese tells me I know you will give into temptation some day. It is in our blood - we cant control ourselves because we love food too much. ???? Reallly ? I make it a point to be very strict on my plan while around him because clearly he will try to sabotage my success.

Other family members are super concerned with numbers and how much weight I have lost. It is really frustrating for me. Some I notice just want to see my progress like if I was a science experiment and they were going to make some type of hypothesis. ????????????

I have only told family and could only imagine the comments if I would have told co-workers. Mentally I could not deal with it. This has been a drastic change in my life and I am glad I kept my co-workers out if the dialogue. Some do suspect that I have had surgery but I really dont feel concerned about what they speculate. It was hard keeping it from family and I needed help especially the first month post op. IT WAS HARD - I had a very slow recovery and was very weak.

So in the end we just have to keep in mind that we did this for ourselves and block out the negativity. Keep postive people and affirmations surrounding us. Take things one day at a time. ???????????? Enjoy the non-scale victories and Celebrate your accomplishments! ????????????

Amen girl ????... my husband was against surgery... I think for his own insecurities and he would tell me the same , I don't need it and I look just fine how I am. Well, fast forward 44 lbs down since my highest weight and he can't keep his hands off of me, lol. I had to do what was right for me and not him. And I did and I am so pleased thus far with outcome but still ways to go to goal but I am on track to getting there.

Loving Me

Awesome! I told him, if I'm losing weight, you are too. He's overweight also. So we are getting a gym membership and let the loser challenge begin...????????

Loving Me

"You're not big enough to do that!"

"You look fine, you don't need that."

And the ever constant "what can you eat?"

"How much can you eat?" My life doesn't revolve around food anymore people!

"You lost 30 lbs in 3 months?? I guess you'll finally have a boyfriend now!"

"You're probably gonna eat 2 bites just don't eat anything and let us have it"