Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Burping & Farting

Greg, I hope all goes well for your mom and I am truly sorry to hear about your aunt. Be sure you take care of yourself, too. Don't over do it and try to get some rest. Been missing you!!!

Getting older and losing love ones is wrong. I simply can't comprehend why we have to go through that. Maybe we should start a new post since they both deserve the respect of something better than this title?

Great idea, Lisa. New thread for loss. Meanwhile, back to our regularly scheduled programming.

lol. oh lordy... tell Greg howdy for all of us!

Speaking of bodily functions.. I was having my eyebrows and such waxed yesterday and the poor lady doing it had to endure the loudest bunch of stomach noises ever. We both had a good laugh cause it just wouldn't stop. I had eaten Raisin Bran nearly 2 hrs earlier but boy, my tummy was having a party down there digesting it!

Hi all

Start out by letting you know My Aunt did pass away late Monday nite. I was already in Vegas and didn't find out till Tuesday nite when I called home. Family decided not to send bad news while I was away. Got home this morning at 5:30 am my time and showered, shaved and all that and went to Her memorial services. So thanks for all the well wishes and prayers but she isn't suffering anymore and has journied to the other side to be with those gone before her and she is finally with her one true love and that was her husband.

My mom is still the same and we'er hoping to get everything started with what she needs when she visits the surgeoin on Wednesday.

Well I absolutely Loved Meeting Delarla. She is pretier then her avatar shows and damn near didn't recognize her because of that.

When I hugged her I listened and Nope she held it in. (good girl resturant was pretty full). We didn't have a whole lot of time as we only meet on her lunch hour. But it was fun to put a voice with the face and typing.

Won't pass up a change to meet anyone from this site as my life has only been enriched by the people here.

So start sending plane tickets this way and I'll be there LOL

Greg- My prayers are with you. I know this is a hard time for you. When those that we love have been in pain, it really is comforting to know that they are not suffering anymore. When I miss my Grandmother and start to feel sad, I just imagine her singing those old time hymns at our saviors feet and thank God that she is in a wonderful place and that I will see her again some day. I will continue to lift you up.

I can just bet that Delarla is a real beauty! I'm glad yall were able to meet and have a good time. Hey, Friday night-the family and I were just about to walk into a restaurant and I was telling my boys to remember their manners when all of a sudden the loud burp came from out of nowhere!!(I swear it has to be all these dang veggies!) Well, anyways my husband looked at me like, "How could you?" I just smiled and said, " Now, that's one to brag about!" My 10 yr old looked at his dad and said, "Well, atleast she didn't do it IN the restaurant!"

Lauri. Thanks for the prayers.

Well look at this interesting fact I just found on the internet:

If you farted consistently for 6 years and 9 months, enough gas is produced to create the energy of an atomic bomb.

I made the mistake of waking up in the middle of the night and eating two dried apricots. I woke up this morning in pain and PBd slime. Now I have been burping continuously for over an hour. A truly amazing amount of air that was trapped. Maybe not enough for a bomb, but possibly enough to power a generator.

Nancy

Generally, before Dec 6, I was pretty discreet with my "breaking wind" as my mother would say, but I had my first big blow out last night, I thought I'd blown my dh out of the bed, fortunately he was pretty toasted and never knew. Don't know where that odor came from, never smelled any liquids like that.

The day after my surgery my wife, step son and nurse were in my room and I burped. My step son(4 years old) said I wasn't suppose to burp and the nurse said they want me to fart instead. He thought that was the funniest thing ever. Now whenever I burp he says "You're not suppose to burp, the doctor said you're suppose to fart!" and laughs and laughs smile.gif

I have an English Mastiff and a Rottweiler both are prodigous farters. I would have to say I fart a lot more and burp a lot more but I believe my farting really doesn't smell that much. My mastiff, Goober, can peel wallparper off the wall!!!