Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are all the 50 something bypass patients?

On 3/26/2018 at 5:38 PM, zsnaani said:

Hello :)

I see lots of sleevers here, where are the RNY folks?

Hello -

Had Gastric Bypass March 5, 2018 - turned 50 March 10, 2018.

Roxine---Happy Belated Birthday 18 days late. Seems like I'm late for many things in life, must be why I'm having a RnY at 72. Only thing i was personally early for was my birth, I was due to arrive. January 6th, I was born on December 26th. I still was 7lb12oz, if I'd baked another 11 days I probably would have been 8 1/2 or 9lbs.[emoji12]

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you for the head's up. My apologies. I thought I was in the right place. Well that goes to show why I am a newbie. Off I go to find my correct group, LOL

45 minutes ago, Mrs Boss said:

Thank you for the head's up. My apologies. I thought I was in the right place. Well that goes to show why I am a newbie. Off I go to find my correct group, LOL

There's no wrong place to be on this site -- except the Men's Room, because they get mad when ladies accidentally post there. :D The only difference I've found in sleeve verses bypass pre- and post-surgery is the Vitamin requirements!! I have no idea why someone started this thread and included "bypass" in the title!

Hello all,

I’m about to have gastric bypass on April 12. I’m about to turn 50 in June.

17 minutes ago, sunshinetinks said:

Congratulations! The only thing you will regret is not having done it sooner! I just did mine in Nov. 1, 2017 and I was 54! No worries, there are people doing it in there 70's!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using BariatricPal mobile app

I should have done it a long time ago. I was too stubborn.

How are all of you frisky, friendly and fabulous 50 year olds doing? I'm 50 this year. I felt older at my high unhealthy weight. It's weird that I feel younger now.

No you certainly are not. Many others are older, as a example me. I am 72, will be 73 the 26th of December 2018. I have been planning to have RnY surgery in Columbus, having gone through one program, completing everything, surgery was not completed there. Now I am attempting for completion this Spring, I am now expecting May, but I'll be able to say by the end of April with more certainty the time of completion( I think). If it seems vague imagine how it feel to live it. But I am committed to this endeavor, stubborn enough to see it to the finish. After years of being treated as though I was an unimportant appendage of my family, I have reared upon on my haunches and said" No it is MY time and My chance for a future", I have never in my life been this assertive, from childhood on my desires were sublimated to others, be they parents, husband children I constantly put their welfare to the forefront. Now, before my time on earth is over, I will put my welfare, my health and my body first. It is not easy to me, I still get a little panicky it will still be yanked out of my grasp. After being told I was nothing without another person in my life, to find out I am good, worthy and able to need no one to prop me up, it is surprising. But you know, I like it and I like me., as I didn't for years[emoji13]So I will glory in my surgery day, for it will be a Day of Rebirth.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi all,

I'm 56 and one week post op today!

I was afraid my age might make things harder to recover, but honestly, this week has been pretty easy for me. No gas, no nausea, no vomiting. Although I AM looking forward to starting full liquids tomorrow ... I've got sugar-free butterscotch pudding in the fridge calling out to me!