Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are all the 50 something bypass patients?

I'm 52 scheduled to have my lap band to bypass revision on March 26. Hoping I can put my diabetes in remmission.

Turning 56 this year, I'm like a few other here, i wish i would of done it sooner. Life is so much easier when you loose some weight.

I’m 51. Had my bypass on 12/11. I’ve lost 52 pounds! My main goal was to lower my blood sugar as it was very out of control. However- it is still pretty high. How long did it take any of you for your blood sugars to go down? I do worry about the “sag” as I know my skin is not young. But if I look old and am healthy I’m ok with that!

I’m 51. Had my bypass on 12/11. I’ve lost 52 pounds! My main goal was to lower my blood sugar as it was very out of control. However- it is still pretty high. How long did it take any of you for your blood sugars to go down? I do worry about the “sag” as I know my skin is not young. But if I look old and am healthy I’m ok with that!

Hello,
I was wondering if you have done a little research on eating Keto and lowering blood sugars. I really like the Dr. that started Dietdoctor.com. there is great information and videos. To see the videos, you do need to purchase a subscription at 9.00 dollars a month. However, you can do a one month free trial, just put in your phone the date you started, so you can cancel before you are charged. I kept the subscription because I find the videos informative. BTW, you can get the recipes free of charge. He doesn't charge for those.

Good luck on your journey.

PS. I had to find a Dr. that agreed to this lifestyle . You are eating whole fresh non packaged foods but still some Drs. do not agree.

I do drink the bariatric hot chocolate however. It's my sinful pleasure, but low carb. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G930V using BariatricPal mobile app

Hope it does, I'm Also a RnY candidate with those conditions. Let me know if it helps. Good Good luck with your surgery my friend.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

I am 56 almost 57 female, hoping for an April sleeve surgery. I take BP meds 4 times a day, have gerd , sleep apnea and bmi 40. I have one more dietician appt and then will be scheduled with surgeon. I haven't gained more weight than the start but only have lost 2 lbs. I pray this surgery will help reduce the medicine I have to take, loose weight and feel better physically and emotionally [emoji3]

Sent from my XT1650 using BariatricPal mobile app

Put on your chaps and spurs, you're ready to,be in the Bariatrics Rodeo. I'm envious, my date hasn't come yet, you're gonna be all done and be a veteran before I get in the starting gate. Ah but my day will come, I'm holding on to that belief, surely nothing can somebody who wants it as bad as I do. My journey has been convouluted but I'm staying the course. Let me know how things go with you, okay?

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

9 hours ago, Elizabeth 06388 said:

I am 56 almost 57 female, hoping for an April sleeve surgery. I take BP meds 4 times a day, have gerd , sleep apnea and bmi 40. I have one more dietician appt and then will be scheduled with surgeon. I haven't gained more weight than the start but only have lost 2 lbs. I pray this surgery will help reduce the medicine I have to take, loose weight and feel better physically and emotionally

Sent from my XT1650 using BariatricPal mobile app

Been on BP meds for 20+ year, got off them about 6 weeks after surgery, so there is hope.

I am a bypasser... had my bypass in 2015, turned 50 last year... having issues with GERD and reactive hypoglycaemia..

I live in Albury NSW Australia.

I’m 54. Had bypass dec 16, down 100 lbs been maintaining since September. Generally all good bar current patch with Constipation but will learn the lessons and move on. Good to luck to all my fellow fifty plusers!

Follow—up from prior post. I had a conversion from band to bypass on 2/21/18. High weight was 385. Pre surgical weight was 306. Came home at 316. I do not feel like I even had surgery. Minimal pain. Constipation is only issue. Was pretty nervous prior to surgery. So happy I did surgery. Full liquid diet now for two weeks. Good luck to everyone.

Hello all, I'm coming up on 10 weeks post op. I started this process last May at 260 lbs. Day of surgery Dec. 14th I weighed 244 lbs. This morning 204 lbs. I feel really good. Only threw up once (can't eat chicken or hamburger yet) still drinking Premier Protein twice a day, just to make sure I get enough Protein. I eat cottage cheese with peaches, yogurt casseroles with chicken and fish. All in all, so glad I did this! Good luck to you all!

Congratulations!!! Nice work!

Sent from my SM-G930V using BariatricPal mobile app