Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone been banded in the US that has paid for it out of pocket?

Guest Fighting for me

Guest BIGRED

What Happens If You Don't Have The Money And Your Ins Will Not Pay For It What Can You Do. I Feel I Will Die Without It I Have Done Everything I Can Think Of I'm 38 At 450 Lbs. Health Is Going Down Fast I Have For Kids 7,13,15,16 Al Boys I Want To Live To See There Kids . Do You Know Any Way I Can Get Help./[/FONT] :think

BIg Red- I am so sorry- have you tried the insurance route already? I don't know if it would be possible for you to switch insurance but maybe a different one WILL ok the surgery & you could switch to them. You may have to pay out of pocket for the insurance co if you change. I wish I could help you more. Maybe you could start a rally to help raise the money in your home town with local supporters & friends/family? Maybe alert the media that your insurance is letting you down & you need serious help. I wish you the best of luck & hope that a miracle happens for you so you may enjoy your grandchildren when they come. All the best to you & Good Luck!

Guest BIGRED

BIg Red- I am so sorry- have you tried the insurance route already? I don't know if it would be possible for you to switch insurance but maybe a different one WILL ok the surgery & you could switch to them. You may have to pay out of pocket for the insurance co if you change. I wish I could help you more. Maybe you could start a rally to help raise the money in your home town with local supporters & friends/family? Maybe alert the media that your insurance is letting you down & you need serious help. I wish you the best of luck & hope that a miracle happens for you so you may enjoy your grandchildren when they come. All the best to you & Good Luck!

THANK YOU FOR CARING WE LIVE IN A WORLD WHERE IT SEEMS AS IF KNOW ONE CARE ANYMORE............MAYBE DEATH WOULD BE BETTER............/

oh my word... did she just mention suicide or am I just reading into it? I hope I am just reading too much into it!!

BigRed, we have ALL (i assume) have had our bouts with depression, feeling of lonliness, isolation, self worth. Please please please if you are thinking you are alone and no one cares know that this group is FILLED with people that care. And they are genuine. I can honestly say that some of the people I have met here have been better friends than some that I see every darn day. I know that the friends made here will stand a test of time because there is a definite understanding and compassion!

Please know that there are those that truly care about you because you are there. Some may not even know you and they care. I have even met a bandster here that had my surgery the same day, she didn't "know" me at all, but she truly CARED about me and what was happening to me. Compassionate people are there Bigred!! Trust me!

Okay, so if you are in a depression, we understand and sympathize and urge you to PLEASE go get help from someone. Your life is important to me, and I don't "know" you but I would like to!

Jenna-

I certainly hope your reading too much -way too much into BigReds response. She comes across has an intelligent & compassionate person who knows something like you mentioned solves nothing and only causes more pain to those around her. I believe wholeheartedly that BIGRED is already working out some sort of deal with someone to help create more awareness to her situation.-Righ BigRED??????

She would never do that to her children-NEVER. A mother is like a wild lioness fighting for everything for her kids & the last think she would do is leave them by doing a selfish act. I believe that BigRed is fighting right now & trying to alert the media she needs help or contacting any friends nearby or family saying its time to STEP_UP & help me out. I need it now!

Right BigRed??? I know your a fighter! I can hear it in your words. I also hear your tired & afraid BUT that is normal & apart of so much of life. I also know you wish to set a great example for your kids-what Mother wouldn't. So take a day off & stop thinking about it. The moment you let your self relax- I just know something will come & pop in your head with the right answer on how to FIGHT!... You can do this- I believe in you & so does Jenna & so many more- You may just be the inspirtaional story that eventually helps someone else. What a great accomplish that will be. I have been fighting my own battle since October 2004. I know my story isn't nearly has hard has yours so I will reserve all my prayers for you this upcoming week & it will help-I Promise. I will pray for you to fight & be strong & never to give up & to try everything-even if it seems silly. Send in videos tapes to anyone you can think of in the area or a TV show you love- Contact your local church -they are great for help even if you haven't attended-Send them to the President of the USA!!! Someone will see your video & you will be heard! All you need to do is NEVER GIVE UP:0)

WHHOO HOOO I know you can do this - I feel you getting that fighting spunk building up already! Let us know how your doing & stay in close touch girl! You'll be a force to be recken with! Go BIGRED GO GIRL!! GO BIGRED GO GIRL!!!!

I was a self pay. Total $18,250 in Orange, California at Chapman Medical Center by Dr. Owens. That includes 10 fills.

I'm self pay with Dr. Spivak and it is $15,000. That includes fills for the first year, hospital, doctor, the whole nine yards. Dr. Spivak is truely wonderful and you can tell he loves what he does because he truely wants to help people. He has done about 1200 lap band procedures to date and has several years experience in laproscopic surgery. If that price is to much to swallow at once you should check into Cosmetic Fee Plan through Capital One.

Hi everyone, I was banded in Monterrey Mexico by Dr. De La Garza. He is wonderful, he is on the American Board of Surgeons, is an Inamed trainer, which means he is coming over to the US to train the surgeons here because the lapband is newer here in the US.

I was very happy with the state of the art facilities. The program is called lite n' free (www.litenfree.com), the staff is English speaking, and they are with you all the time. It is a real hopital that you stay at, so they have 24 hour nursing staff with ER. Your recovery is in a suite, very nice.

The cost I believe is $8,000, and that covers all surgeons fees, tests, anesthe. fees, nights stays for your family members in a hotel. But I think they have another program that includes flights.

Also, I could not get covered by insurance here because "Technically" I was not morbidly obese. I weighted 200 pounds, so my BMI was at around 32. Here in the US in most cases it has to be more around 40.

I was very happy with the state of the art facilities. The program is called lite n' free (www.litenfree.com),

I must say that this website is one of the very best I have ever seen on the Lapband. It seems that the layout & design is directed more towards the consumer (patient of the band) than most. The medical information is there as well even though it seems to be lacking in some statisics. You can tell a Doctor didn't help design it but they must have had a great marketing Co. do it, it very user friendly & has nice suggestions.

Thank you for sharing!

Guest bluecash

Hi Melanie, I live in NC also did you check Duke

Sue

I was banded in Mexico, and I paid $8000, plus 2 airfares, and one more airfare for my first fill = $9500 so far. I didn't have any complaints about mexico, but if I could have got it done for a little more I would have, because I am having a hard time finding a fill dr. and when I do find one, they want an arm and a leg to give ya a fill, because they know that you need them! Good luck to you!

Guest rritter18

I paid $17,500.00 including a year of followup and fills @ Scottsdale Bariatric Center Arizona.I also did not want to wait for the insurance. Because I was self pay I was able to have my usrgery 2 weeks after my consultation.

I am a self pay. I will be operated on in Pontiac MI by Dr. Pleatman next Tuesday 5/17/05. The cost will be $12,485. $5,000 to Doctor, $7,000 to Hospital (includes $3,000 lap band charge) and $485 for the sandman.

Ron

HI,

I live in Dallas and I'm a self pay. I'm going to the Surgery Center of Richardson, several doctors do surgery there. The Surgery Center charges $15,000. I'm using Dr. Anderson. and he includes fills for one as part of the $15,000. My surgery is the end of June. Hope this helps.

Guest DEBORAH PARTON

Talk to Betty (Iluvharleys), she was banded in Dallas 2 weeks ago, self pay, and loves her doctor. Best of luck to you!

HOW MUCH WAS HER SURGERY? AS I TOO AM A SELF-PAY