Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hiatal Hernia and wishful thinking

Heard from the coordinator today! I have to schedule an appointment with a Nutritionist before the surgery. But otherwise, I'm cleared to go. She's forwarding my file to the Surgery Scheduler now.

Now, I've gotta get my pantry prepped for pre and post-op. Excited. :)

Still have to wait for the Scheduler to call me with available dates. But glad to see it moving along.

Is everyone on this thread going the Hiatal Hernia repair route?

I am. Are you with the Nicholson clinic? I am waiting to schedule. All preoperative stuff done. I am excited!

I am with nicholson clinic still waiting for a date .... Tick tock tick tock. Hopefully next week will be the week

I'm also with Nicholson Clinic. Hoping to schedule for mid to late October. Have an all includive vacation to Cancun booked in two weeks. Wouldn't be a good time to start a pre-op diet.

#wheninRome

I couldn't wait in Silvia anymore. I'm gonna be honest I almost had it out with her. She called me one time at the end of the day and left a message I called her back 4 minutes later no answer. I clef all day the next day no answer. Finally I emailed Rachel and asked if she was on vacation and she called and left me a sh*tty message saying she has called me every day and left multiple messages. Lies. I am now waiting on Lisa and things are moving much slower then when I first started the process. I emailed Lisa today and called her and got no response. Silvia told me a week ago Lisa would contact me and she hasn't

Omg. I wondered if I was the only one. She is pissing me off too. I am out of town. I went to my own psych for the evaluation. He wanted a form or specific requirements from them, so I called her on a Friday about 10 til 5 and asked her to email what the evaluation needed to include. She said she would and didn't. So my dr made me reschedule. I was hot. I could tell she was just a bitch anyways so I tried to keep my cool when I called Monday morning. Well I get her vm. Left a message to please call. 20 mins later I got and email stating I needed a psych assessment and a nutrition appt. I responded that my request was for specifics for the evaluation. Anyways we went back and forth and finally she just said "tell him you need a bariatric psych evaluation". So I just made one up. But anyways she is in no hurry to help anyone. It's frustrating but they are my only hope so I guess I have to keep kissing butt. It sucks cause we just keep getting pushed to the end of the line.

Just remember that sugar draws more flies. Not saying to kiss butt. But, we gotta keep our eye on the prize.

For me, I called once, waited the requisite "24 business hours," and then called again. The second time I mentioned that this was my second call, so I'd like a callback this time. She called me (also at the end of the day, which makes me wonder whether they have other tasks to handle throughout the day - today's employer keeps workers doubly busy).

When she called back she began with, "I have returned your call before. I called you yesterday at X time...." I just said "Ok." No point in debating it with her. Just brushed it off my shoulders and asked, "What's next?" Stayed sweet on the phone and moving towards my prize.

Lisa is next. Let the 24 hour between voicemails begin!

Sweet and assertive.

We're almost there. In six months we'll be so busy shopping for skinny girl clothes that we won't even remember this part.

Speaking of, what's your dream clothing? For me, I want to wear feminine, chintzy flowing dresses - either strapless or with the tiny straps, without it looking like a horrible mumu on me. And I also want to be able to wear a t-shirt and shorts and look cute, instead of looking like a fat hobo. Skinny girls can wear that stuff and look like well put together hot chicks. I wear the same outfit and look like a slob.

So, what kind of clothing/designs do you ladies want to slip into six months from now? :)

Edited by MeMe8264

You are absolutely right MeMe8264. I know I can get impatient and I am sure they deal with a lot of people daily. I think they are all a little over worked. But I also feel that if you can't deal properly with people, you probably shouldn't be in a position of working with people.

On another note, I cannot wait to replace my closet. I have actually already started stocking up on some stuff. Is that weird? I don't know if I have anything in particular I want to be able to wear. All of the skinny girl stuff will be nice. Lol

I'm glad you had the same problem I was starting to think they had a plot against me lol I pissed Silvia off bad by emailing that other girl but literally Silvia would not answer or return my calls. I literally NEVER spoke to her because she wouldn't answer and finally contacted her through email. Yesterday I wrote her and said hey haven't heard from Lisa can I get her email and she responded with Lisa's email but didn't offer any solutions as to why Lisa hadn't called me yet. It's getting very frustrating I am glad I only had to deal with Silvia for one thing because she is old and crotchety. These people I'm sure are just doing their jobs and don't realize that we are hanging by string to hear something, anything! It was all happening so fast and now that it's slowed down I'm starting to get a little nervous like I won't be able to do the pre op liquid diet. I tried one day this week just to see and i did ok. But the next day I was starving

Well I was hoping the last week of September except now I don't think it's an option since things are moving slower. It would have worked out well with my work so now I'm hoping the first week or so of October.