Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just had my 2 year anniversary- willing to help mentor

@@PittGuy

It's fine. I was begged until I agreed to make Buffalo Wings. It's been a couple years since I deep fried anything. I'm an accomplished cook - almost any cuisine or food someone likes - I can make anything. Somehow I lost the essential skill one needs to deep fry chicken wings in canola oil. I had small bubble-up that splattered all over my stove. Then it ignited. The stove might be damaged but I did remember how to smother a grease fire. (My inner mother is tsk, tsk, tsking at me. Should have baked them even if I won't eat them.)

I just had my two year anniversary and am very excited about my life change. If any one is looking for a mentor/encourager let me know. In the last two years I have lost 150+ pounds and ran a half marathon with two more scheduled. It has not been easy but it has been worth it.

Would love to have you as my Mentor! I had bypass surgery back to July, 2012, and I have gained 20 pounds during last 10 months! I am 62 and I need to do this for myself and to enjoy my 9 yrs old grandson!!!

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using the BariatricPal App

I could use all the help you have. I'm one week post surgery and I had my first melt down today:/ I'm not having any complication I'm just having trouble with finding other things to do besides eat:/ I can't believe how much time I took out of my day to eat, now that I have to find things to replace that I'm struggling..

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I am almost exactly your stats!! I feel your frustration! The other two ladies in my group lost 42 and 47 pounds at their two month mark ( we were all around the same weight to begin with ) I lost 29. Most of it the first week. I am having trouble getting my Protein , and fluids and things don't stay down well. As a result, I am still barely getting 500 calories a day. My nutritionalist says that that is why I am slow losing weight. My body is not in fat burning mode, just survival mode. I have been encouraged to eat more calories, healthy fats. I try , but can barely meet my protein requirement. So frustrating. I don't understand how someone who eats 400-500 calories a day, teaches dance and Acro and walks 45 minutes a day and 20 minutes strength training a day only loses 1-2 pounds a week top! There goes the calories in to calories burned ideal! I feel your pain. Literally , it's painful. Let's hope our weight loss journeys kick in soon and we can make up for it in month 4 and 5! Good luck!

@@Jeanette kennon... Your stats make you lower on the BMI chart... They say lower BMI takes longer to lose.. When I read the doctor made you cry I cringed.. Pre op I've had more doctors than I care to count tell me I'm obese without offering any solutions... I would imagine as you get more active your weight will drop quickier, 5 weeks out your really just getting back to yourself and probably not 100% on track meeting protein/liquid goal.. If you getting in too little your body is probably holding the weight... Good luck

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them"

Einstein

I am almost exactly your stats!! I feel your frustration! The other two ladies in my group lost 42 and 47 pounds at their two month mark ( we were all around the same weight to begin with ) I lost 29. Most of it the first week. I am having trouble getting my Protein , and fluids and things don't stay down well. As a result, I am still barely getting 500 calories a day. My nutritionalist says that that is why I am slow losing weight. My body is not in fat burning mode, just survival mode. I have been encouraged to eat more calories, healthy fats. I try , but can barely meet my protein requirement. So frustrating. I don't understand how someone who eats 400-500 calories a day, teaches dance and Acro and walks 45 minutes a day and 20 minutes strength training a day only loses 1-2 pounds a week top! There goes the calories in to calories burned ideal! I feel your pain. Literally , it's painful. Let's hope our weight loss journeys kick in soon and we can make up for it in month 4 and 5! Good luck!

Your body thinks you are starving so it hangs onto the fat. Too few calories will stall your weight loss and screw up your metabolism. You need to get more protein and healthy carbs (fruit and veggies) and healthy fat. Eat more often - 5-6 small meals. Add a Protein Shake if you can't eat enough to get your protein.

Hi,

I am in need of any help, encouragement, prayers anyone has to offer. I am 7 months out, I've lost very well, preop and postop together I'm down 92 lbs. I hit my goal of150 at my six month check up. I'm 5'7", so I'm at a healthy place (on the scale). All I hear is don't loss anymore weight, your getting to thin. So I'm listening, TOO much. I'm getting back into old habits, grazing, chips, Cookies, candy. Unfortunately, I can eat anything, nothing bothers me. I wish I could experience dumping syndrome whenever I ear something I'm not supposed to. I did the first few times with sugary foods, but I only had the sweats for about half an hour and diarrhea. Both no big deal. I'm not regaining any weight, YET. I know I can't continue like this, but feel like I don't know where to turn. I don't really have a support group that I feel helps. Any advice??

Rhonda -

I could have written the last part of your post. I can SOOO relate to your comments. :unsure:

I'm a year and a half out. I've lost around 90 pounds. But I still have 40-50 pounds to go. I've maintained for the past 6 months (roughly), but I've been eating, snacking, getting back into my old habits. Very few foods or things bother me. Like you, I haven't re-gained YET, but I know it is coming if I don't change my ways SOON.

I'm in a 'bad place' and I need help to find a way out. I, too, am looking for support, guidance, mentoring to help me get my head back where it needs to be.

I can't offer you any good advice. I'm in a similar place as you. But maybe if we lean on each other, we can help each other find a way out of this dark hole. I know there is a light out there ... somewhere. And the food won't help me find it. That's what put me in this hole in the first place.

Let me know if you need a shoulder to lean on. I'll be here. Maybe we can find the answers together. And with a little hope, maybe an angel who has been through this mud pit in the past can show both of us a path to the road we should be on. ;)

I'm not giving up. I want to keep fighting to finish what I started. I don't want you to give up either. Hang in there.