Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Regarding Belighter.com

Just thought I might post a URL to a thread going on at ObesityHelp.com regarding the group calling themselves coordinators for lapband surgery in Mexico. I have no personal experience with them, but I think the thread says alot about the type of service (or not) that they provide. For those researching, I think it would be a good thing to take heed.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/surgtype-forums/LapBand/postdetail/95934.html?vc=0

I have had my own experience with Belighter.com and it was horrible. I did not use them for my surgery. I called the facility directly and went that route. I dealt with these people regarding a different matter and both Anita Jordan and Anne Marie Tiesi were rude, obnoxious, belittling, inconsiderate, down grading to other surgeons, lied on several issues, and basically tried to make me feel like I was the dumb one. Those of you that know me know how well that went over. LOL!!

Stay far far far away from belighter.com

I'm with you Penni. There website does have a lot of useful information and that was one of the first places I even heard about the lapband but using their services is totally unneccessary. Teresa

Guest krissy

I have had great experiance with belighter. I am sad to hear that you have had bad experiances. however you cant please everyone all the time.

In excess of commi$$on...I know Anne-Marie, even up to surgery, "Not a bad person"

She's made lapbands a job, thats all

Money always talks

In excess of commi$$on...I know Anne-Marie, even up to surgery, "Not a bad person"

She's made lapbands a job, thats all

Money always talks

From what I gather. This post was deleted from ObesityHelp.com. Censorship at it's finest.. lol.

I don't think Ann Marie is a bad person but I don't believe they can hold up to all the promises they say they'll provide, for example the 24 hour access to a nurse over the telephone, help setting up aftercare arrangements in my own area, etc. When I had concerns NOBODY called me back. Getting emailed responses back is asking too much as well. It seemed like Ann Marie kept in touch once in awhile the first month or so but as soon as I felt I had a problem or anything she won't respond. I am ticked that I had to pay extra money for services that don't exist. Had I been smarter I would have contacted the surgeons office personally. I think they made in the neighborhood of $2000 off of me and all she did was set up one single appointment.

I also went thru belighter and spoke to Ann Marie on many occassions before my surgery. She seemed so caring and said I could call her anytime. We arrived in San Diego and waited for over a hour for the driver to arrive. I tried to contact her then and no answer and that is the way it has been. She said she would call and check on me, never heard from her. I feel ripped off by their services and the lack of them. People beware, I learned later that it was just to set up the surgery and that was it. No after care what so ever. I am sorry I don't have nice things to say about Ann Marie I know she knew that I made calls, and emails but she never responded.

I had spoke to someone on this site after I had already sent them (BELIGHTER)money. This person had the same Dr. but oh what a different price. I had mentioned the difference to Ann Marie and she lied totally lied. I only wish I had found this site and all these wonderful people sooner. Just beware they are out there.

Censorship.,,,Like I said she was there untill my surgery....Teresa, I haven't seen or heard or Has she responded to any post op concerns...

Dang!! quote"I am ticked that I had to pay extra money for services that don't exist."

Me too!

Guest hanna

Dear Fellow Bandsters,

I feel that it is about time that I respond to all the posting regarding Belighter lately.

The most unfortunate thing is that I cannot post this to any of the Yahoo support boards where most of the bad information is being said because I am considered a medical personal and they will not allow me to post there. Which is so totally biased anyways because several other Doctor’s patient coordinators post there daily and they are not considered medical personnel. go figure?

I am sure that there are some of our clients here that were not happy with the service that Belighter may have provided to them as is with any Doctor’s office as well and for this Belighter does extend our apologies and we would like the opportunity to try to resolve any matters with anyone out there that used our service and needs help at this time.

So you can believe here whatever you choose to or you can check and verify that every word is the truth.

Best Regards,

Ann Marie