Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fast Food/Restaraunt Ideas?

LOL

I just had my first buff bowl from noodles and company the other day. It was probably one of the best meals that are fast food out there.

- Greek restaurants always have chicken Souvlaki with a Greek salad (yum)

- grilled nuggets from chick Fila with a side of fruit or a side salad

- Applebee's chicken and portobello mushrooms (one of my favorites)

- chili from Wendy's

- Soups - chicken tortilla

- shrimp cocktail when on the menu

I really try to steer clear of fast food restaurants in general but if I am stuck because there are others with me, I stick to the salads that have Protein on them. I don't do well with any kind of bread nor do I want the carbs.

I do eat pizza on rare occasion and will go for a thin crust with lots of toppings. I can usually eat one small square. I never eat pizza from the chains, there are way too many ingredients that contain crap. I choose family run pizza places that have very very thin crust. Of course I am in Wisconsin and there are a ton of pizza places like that here. It goes with bowling and beer! (LOL). I don't drink beer but will indulge n the rare occasion for pizza.

I generally stay away from McDonalds because I don't find their salads satisfying. Wendt's I like the BBQ chicken salad or chili.

I'm still pre-op but if you have a Baja fresh they have a steak tostada salad in a tortilla bowl just don't eat the bowl. Chipotle boritto bowl with out rice double Beans double meat pico digao and lettuce. Grilled chicken nuggets from chik fila

Chili rellenos with refried Beans is my fav.... Always was, even before surgery. but really, I eat anything and everything minus the nachos and rice. Just eat the insides of the taco/enchilada/burrito. Fajitas are easy...just eat the fixings, not the tortilla.

chile rellenos are fried in egg and flour does that sit ok in your stomach?

Yep, I've got a sleeve of steel. There's nothing I can't eat. Carbonation is the only thing that's out for me

Soup. Almost every place has Soup. Some places will do Breakfast all day - so a scrambled egg works too. If you can get to a grocery store, you can ask for two slices of deli meat and two slices of cheese and do little wraps. Sashimi from grocery stores with a sushi chef works too - you can sometimes special order things with them. Cottage cheese.