Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

D/FW Area

I to am from Corinth, TX just North of Lewisville and know exactly where Justin is. I can hear the Race track from my backyard. Big Race Fan and Harley Davidson Fan. My husband and I both ride. I have a consultation appt with Dr. Powell June 18 and so hope I can get this done. Good Luck and if you get together let me know.

Hello everyone

I just wanted to pop in and let you all know I have taken my first real step towards my banding. I had my first visit to American Institute of Gastric Banding in Richardson. The next step besides the blood work is a psychological evaluation. Did any of you have to have a psych exam?? Anyone know what I can expect from this exam??

Just curious

Hi Mystyblu

I don't have to have the psych exam for banding on 6/7. However, several years ago I had back surgery and had a 300 questionnaire to fill out. Apparently some folks will have surgeries, hospital stays, imagined medical problems, etc. for attention. Seems like it asked me about 200 different ways did I hate my mother {smile} and I answered the same way 200 times "NO". It seems back surgery, like this surgery, is elective IF you meet certain guidelines (Blood Pressure, Weight, BMI for LB surgery or PAIN in the case of back surgery). Anyway, my experience was really more comical than frightening. Here I was loaded on Morphine trying to read and make sense of these stupid questions and STILL hurting! It's not a big deal! Don't worry about it.

Good Luck,

Dixie

Mystyblu,

I had to do a psych exam before my surgery. She didn't give me any questions to fill out, we just sat and talked for an hour then just before she called the men in the white coats, I ran out the door and safely to my car....hehehehehe!!! Just kidding, we did just sit and talk. No big deal.

I think as long as you don't carry n a "serious" conversation with the little green men:sick

or see TOO many black helicopters, or HATE your Mother TOO bad, you will be fine!:bandit

Again, good luck!

Dixie

Hey Mysty, The psych eval was teh easiest part of the whole process!! If you are going to Psy-Med they will give you the questionaire that asks the same question 200 times, 200 different ways, then they will talk with you for a few minutes. You have to go back a 2nd time to have your results visit. I spent more time waiting than I did speaking with the councellor. She was VERY nice and you could tell that she deals with over weight people all the time. She never belittled me or made me feel like a big fat looser (like a marriage councellor did when I went to him, now my marriage is over...HUMMM I wonder if he had been more kind and not so consumed with the fact that I am fat if we would have kept going and worked out some issues...) any way..

Go to the eval, don't stress over it, I did enough of that before mine for both of us.

Good luck and keep us posted!!

Guest Big "D"

I go tomorrow to AIGB in Richardson. I am so excited to have found this forum. I am on the lower end of the BMI 35- 195lbs. I will be a self pay but am afraid I may not qailified. I have beeen over weight my entire life and recently developed hypertension. Surely I will not have to eat my way up another 25 lbs that I recently lost (on another fad diet) to become elidgible.

Any Feedback would be appreciated!

Hey all DFW banders...

Go check the "movie Night" thread. We will be having a get-together at my house on June 25th. It will be fun and would love to have as many of us there as will fit in my yard, and it is a big yard!!

Guest paul

Paul in Allen. Banded Wednesday June 15, 2005

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches