Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Raleigh, NC! Awaiting insurance approval

Duke Raleigh by chance!?

I live about 15 minutes from Durham , I had my surgery at Rex Hospital in Raleigh on May 21st,

I live about 15 minutes from Durham , I had my surgery at Rex Hospital in Raleigh on May 21st,

how are you recovering?

GoodiDre, are you seeing carolinas weight mana. Or southeast bariatrics? Or another office?

GoodiDre, are you seeing carolinas weight mana. Or southeast bariatrics? Or another office?

I'm about a month out from a seminar and still a month away from an appt with Carolinas Weight Mgmt. I expect this process to take time, but I'm kinda over the slowness. I called Lake Norman Bariatric today (after 5pm) and they're supposed to call me back tomorrow.

Who are you seeing? I'm guessing QueenCity makes you local :)

@@GoodiDre my apt was 2 months after my seminar with Carolinas weight management! That's why I went with carolina's surgical (well, that and my mom's surgeon is there)

I went through CWMand Dr.Gersin was my surgeon it took me some to get an appt with him. I started out on the medical side and went to the surgical side.

@@GoodiDre my apt was 2 months after my seminar with Carolinas weight management! That's why I went with carolina's surgical (well, that and my mom's surgeon is there)

Yeah I had to wait 2.5 months to even get in the seminar. So I've been waiting since March for pretty much nothing. Did you have a good experience with Carolina's Surgical? I may contact them.

Hello! I am in Durham, but work in Chapel Hill.

How are you all?!

I am near Hickory, but having surgery at UNC Chapel Hill. I am going tomorrow to meet with the surgeon and set my date. I hope it is within the next week.

Who is your Surgeon? I work at UNC Hospitals. I am going with Dr. Farrell.

I am near Hickory, but having surgery at UNC Chapel Hill. I am going tomorrow to meet with the surgeon and set my date. I hope it is within the next week.

Who is your Surgeon? I work at UNC Hospitals. I am going with Dr. Farrell.

Dr Farrell is doing my surgery. I REALLY like him. He is one of the few surgeons I have ever seen that didn't treat me like some oddball because of my abdomen.

Have you met with him yet? Do you have a surgery date yet?

GoodiDre, with southeast bariatrics you have the option to do the seminar online as long as you have a passing grade. Then once you take the test then you fax in the application and copy of insurance card and they call you the next day and my appointment was about 3 weeks out after they called me back.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Topics

• Most popular:

• Recent Status Updates

• Krestel

OMG! I dreamt of cake!!
      As of late, my dreams have been food obsessed. Last night I dreamed of gorging on good old American sheet cake with chocolate frosting. There was white frosting as well. Good thing we can't get that in Sweden! I just hope that I haven't become too engrossed in food. BUT they are only dreams after all.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • GreenTealael

3 days post op and I want to go to the movies to see The Lion King... #slowdown
      · 9 replies
      1. FluffyChix

I doubt that. :D I'm thinking he likes livin' on Fantasy Island too much. :D

2. Orchids&Dragons

That's wonderful! I have trouble sitting still in the movies now. (I even fidgeted through the last John Wick, and it was awesome) I can't imagine sitting still this soon after surgery. More power to ya! Have fun!

3. gabybab

Fun! Why not?

4. GreenTealael

Ok i didnt make it to the movies... i was far to worn out after household things 😞

5. Krestel

Awww

6. View All Replies
    • allwet

https://www.cell.com/cell-reports/fulltext/S2211-1247(19)30834-4
      this one is interesting but a tough slog to get thru
      this review is easier to understand
      https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2019/07/weight-loss-rage-proteins/594073/
      · 1 reply
      1. Orchids&Dragons

It will be interesting to watch as this theory develops. Thanks for posting!

• Jobber

Feel like it's time for a status update, I haven't been on here regularly in a while and I need to keep my mindset focused on my goals.
      I haven't weighed myself in ~ 3 weeks.  I think I'm becoming the opposite of "obsessive" about tracking my progress and it could cause me some issues.  The good thing is that there have still been quite a number of NSV's happening that is telling me that I'm still progressing without knowing what the scale says.
      First one is that a belt I bought about 5 weeks ago because all my other belts were too big is also on the last hole so I'll have to buy yet another belt again.  second, I bought new jeans about a month ago and I have a lot more slack in the waist than I did when I purchased them.  I also boarded a plane and had about 8 inches of slack in the belt.  Finally, I hit my goal last week of being able to ride go-carts with my kids.  The last time I tried about 4 years ago, I had to leave because I couldn't fit in the harness.  This was sweet victory and I showed those two how it was done on the race course!!  😈
      · 1 reply
      1. FluffyChix

Congrats!!!

• Krestel

I just looked through all my old pants after my pre-op pants started getting to big. Keep in mind that I wear men's pants (usually cargos) because I am so tall 5'10"/5'11" ish. I also find that men's baggies tend to fit me better.
      I started out at a 44 in waist pant and quickly found that I was back down to my 42's. So even when thise got to be too big, I had to start pulling old clothes out of storage. After finding my 38's, I thought that these would not yet fit, but when I tried them on, they fit perfectly. I also found some older pants that now fit better than I remembered. What a relief! It's not like I can pop down to the store like I could do in the US and the styles here in Sweden are all skinnt jeans which I cant stand. I also found some 36's, but I'm not mentally ready to try those on yet. The biggest challenge will be buying women's clothing again. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Trending Topics

• Together, we have lost...
      lbs