Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I make my Protein everyday, but I will say I don't eat too many other foods. I try to have one ounce of veggies with dinner or an ounce of melon or no sugar added peaches with cottage cheese. That'll be the most nonprotein thing I consume all day. I do 8 ounces of RTD Premier Protein for Breakfast. I eat 3 meals of food between 10-20 protein each. And my plan wants me to drink skim milk 2-3 times a day but I drink 8 ounces of fat free fairlife milk once per day which has 13 grams of protein. I usually make between 70-80 protein per day. Now if my Water was as good I would be perfect. Also as someone else has mentioned the body can only absorb so much protein per hour. I was told to keep it under 25 grams. Best of luck

I thought initially it would be hard to get my Protein in but through research, my wife's math skills and memorizing amounts, I am more than able to surpass the protein amount on most days, I do 2 scoops in my shake which gives me 48g, and then I choose my meats for the day, chicken breast, beef, tilapia, shrimp etc, even my Snacks, cashews ( only 1oz per snack) Jerky and cheese, getting your protein in small amounts is not difficult, consistency is !

At a year and a half out I still do a Protein Shake every day. My capacity is too limited to do it any other way and my surgeon and nutritionist are fine with it.

I would double check but I think 3 times a day is awful low when I was doing the soft foods it was once every two hours 1 to 3 ounces of a cottage cheese Greek yogurt egg white something along that nature and you were getting in Peanut Butter something that would help you but three times a day is awful short

Thanks for all the great tips. One of my colleagues had the sleeve done last week and he showed me the Isopure drink. I'll get those and just make sure to make them last a couple hours. :)

@@sarahbee - Um, you might ask him for a taste of one of them first or at least buy only singles and not the 12 pack like I did. Pre-op I could tolerate because I could drink it quickly and avoid the smell. Post-op I cannot tolerate AT ALL. The smell is just too much to get past. As my co-worker so appropriately named the Coconut flavored one "coco-fart". She said "seriously how did they bottle the smell of farts?" LOL. Still making me laugh.... Lots of people like them but MANY don't. (I think there is a recent thread just about the Isopure ready made drinks you might want to search.) SORRY! Not trying to discourage you! Just don't want you to be out the same money I was! I bought some samples of the Syntrax nectar at Vitamin Shoppe today. Hoping I like those because I am getting tired of the plain chocolate and vanilla.

Well I just tried the nectar Fuzzy Navel that everyone raves about and UGH. Smelled just like Isopure to me. Gross. Glad I only bought a sample. I bought strawberry Kiwi and caribbean cooler also and will try those with a little Crystal Light as suggested, but I am guessing I will have to stick with Premier Protein. Hopefully one day I will be able to get most of my Protein from food and can at least cut down to 1 a day (currently drinking 2).

Oh no. I bought a box of the fuzzy navel stuff. I hope it doesn't suck. And yeah I planned to just get one bottle of Isopure to try first. I do find nothing with lots of Protein is without aftertaste. Never used to bother me

But I'm now getting really tired of it. Has anyone here tried

Shakeology. REALLY expensive but it's far and away the best Protein Shake I've tried (particularly chocolate) - and I feel like I've tried almost everything at this point!

@@sarahbee omg I was thinking the same thing about after taste! Blehhh. My NUT said I could chew SF gum and thank goodness for that! The after taste.... No words.

I did not care for shakeology but each to their own. I don't mind the crio sport whey chocolate from costco. It's kind of sweet but not bad.

I have a scoop of GENEPRO Protein (30g) powder in my Decaf coffee every morning followed by Oiskos Triple Zero Yogurt (1/2 container has 7.5 g) for breakfast. For lunch I will have grilled chicken breast (2 oz gets me about 11g) and some cucumber so I don't go crazy from all protein all the time. For dinner I've been making Soups or eating Beans where I'll usually get 6-10 g. Depending where I fall for the day I will drink 1/2 of an Isopure icy orange (I am one of the few that can stand them)

According to the app I use Lose It I average about 72 grams of protein a day.

My absolute favorite recipe:

Magic Crust Quiche

Ingredients

2 cups 1% Lowfat Milk

1/2 cup All-purpose flour

5 large eggs

3 slices Sargento 2% Reduced Fat Pepper Jack cheese slices (grated or cut into small pieces)

3 slices Sargento 2% Reduced Fat Swiss cheese slices (grated or cut into small pieces)

1/2 cup Sargento 2% Reduced Fat Mexican 4 Cheese shreds

7 oz pk Applegate uncured ham diced small

1/4 cup Cooked red bell pepper diced small

1/4 cup Cooked Vidalia or sweet onion diced small

Preheat oven to 350˚. In a blender or NutriBullet, mix eggs, milk, flour and seasoning (I use Longhorn and cayenne pepper or you can use taco seasoning, etc – your choice.) until blended. Pour into a bowl and add all cheeses, cooked veggies and cooked meat. Stir to combine and then pour into an 8”x8” or 9”x9” square glass dish. Bake for 55-60 minutes. Let stand 5-10 before serving. You can add whatever cheeses, veggies or meats suit your taste. The small amount of flour firms up the sides and bottom making the “magic crust” while saving tons of calories. The Nutrition Facts are based on the recipe above. FYI – you can use your favorite meat but note the heavier meats, like ground beef, tend to fall to the bottom. Serving size is approximately 1 1/2”x2 1/2”

Nutrition Facts

Servings 12

Per serving:

Calories 121

Protein 12g

Fat 6 g

Cholesterol 94 mg

Sodium 262 mg

Potassium 119 mg

Total Carbohydrate 7 g

Sugars 2 g

I'm 12 weeks post-op gastric bypass and am now taking in 600-700 calories per day with an average of 80-100 grams of Protein. I consume 15-20 grams per 3 meals and 2 Snacks. Premier Protein pre-made shakes are my favorite and I love using them as my coffee Creamer. It's all about the protein in this new lifestyle! Once my NUT increased my calories from 400-500 to 600-700 and my protein from 60-65g to 80-100g, I started losing 1lb per day. It amazes me. When I hit "onederland" I was over the moon happy :D

That looks great! Thanks for sharing!!

Premier Protein shakes 30 gms Protein per shake try chocolate tastes great too -Marc

These are ridiculously delish! I have used coffee with the chocolate and vanilla to make a sort of Protein Shake ice coffee. So good!