Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Exercise for the sake of exercise

Where the heck do you live?

A rural area in New York State

Can you switch your internet service to satellite?

It's not up to me, my sister owns the house. From all the information I can find, satellite internet is terrible anyway, a long lag time. What we have now is Verizon Home fusion, now called LTE internet installed which uses 3G/4G signals http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/lte-internet-installed/?null. They don't roll over unused data allowance, but charge a hefty price if you go over.

I live in a rural area and have DirectTV for cable. I have my own for TV. I rent an apartment from my parents so I currently use their wi-fi for Internet and they recently switched to DirectTV, too. You might consider looking into it. The only time I've had an outage is when the weather has been extremely bad (usually when everything else like the power is affected). When I lived in the city and had cable my cable was less reliable than my satellite is now.

the only Internet available, here, through DirectTv is satellite. We DO LOVE DirectTv for the television, though. It rarely goes out except during an occasional severe thunderstom and then only for a few minutes

Since you are so limited physically, geographically, and mentally I agree that you may need to make your own exercise program.

I doubt you would need many exercise videos. Do you have a local library that has videos you could try until you find one or two that you like? Then buy the ones you will really use?

Other tried-and-true rural exercise options: gardening, walking, hiking, etc. sounds like you just need to do something without worrying about whether you will get bored.

I do garden, hike and walk. DVD's from a library, that's a GREAT idea, I'm sure they must have some!

Being retired on permanent disability, just leaves SOOOOO much time to fill. Plus, I sleep very little, so that makes for even more time to fill, lol! Trying to find ways to fill all or most of it with active, calorie burning things. Too bad there's not a forum for retired or disabled people on here. Bet then I could find out some other options

I do garden, hike and walk. DVD's from a library, that's a GREAT idea, I'm sure they must have some!

Being retired on permanent disability, just leaves SOOOOO much time to fill. Plus, I sleep very little, so that makes for even more time to fill, lol! Trying to find ways to fill all or most of it with active, calorie burning things. Too bad there's not a forum for retired or disabled people on here. Bet then I could find out some other options

Ask Alex to create one. If there's enough interest, he will.

I am on disability retirement but am working on regaining enough mobility to go back to work.

Fortunately, I have a pool at home if only it would stop storming.

I am looking forward to being able to walk, hike, bike, take dance classes, etc.

I live in a small rural community but fortunately we have a college and a large retiree community so there are lots of activities and resources.

Whatever your community, especially if you are on a limited budget, the library is a great place to start. Another place would be your local churches. Some have fitness classes.

Don't take this the wrong way, but have you considered a job?

In my experience, a great way to burn off lots of energy.

do you like kids? maybe you could babysit a kid or two.. I agree.. you need something else.. a hobby, a job.. something.

If this is something you would consider talk to someone in your states' vocational rehabilitation office to see if this is an option. I actually went through voc rehab for my surgery. Their goal is to help people get off disability (either partially or completely) and get back to work.

There isn't a forum, but I can create a new thread once I get home

I do help a friend in her deli a few days a week, but that's as much as I can handle. do meet alot of great people there!