Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day One of Pre-Op Diet...I think I'd rather just starve.

@@GirlOnFire you might ask your WLS people if you can find an alternative equivalent that's more to your liking. I'm lucky in that my surgeon and nutrition person told me to find a Protein Drink that i like and didn't give me a specific one to drink. I absolutely can not stand any artificial sweetners like splenda and nutra sweet and i wouldn't have drank or eaten them either. I found a good Protein Powder with stevia in it and it works for me.

@@GirlOnFire I did 2 weeks of Protein Shakes pre-sleeve. After I got my sleeve on June 8th, I also had about 3 weeks of...guess what...shakes and puddings. I know it is tough, but so is being fat. There are some pretty good Protein shakes and products out there so good luck!

I drank only Protein Shakes during mine. Day 1 and 2 were so painful. On day three it started getting much easier.... by day 5 I wasn't hungry and was enjoying the shakes as I didn't have to come home from work and cook lol It does feel good to finally eat something, even if it just mushy stuff! Hang in there... it gets easier!

I've been on my pre op diet since last Tuesday. I'm doing it for 3 weeks!!!!!

Omg bless your heart.... Good luck!

@@GirlOnFire you might ask your WLS people if you can find an alternative equivalent that's more to your liking. I'm lucky in that my surgeon and nutrition person told me to find a Protein Drink that i like and didn't give me a specific one to drink. I absolutely can not stand any artificial sweetners like splenda and nutra sweet and i wouldn't have drank or eaten them either. I found a good Protein Powder with stevia in it and it works for me.

Thanks I may try that. I had broth from a powder mix tonight and it was good... If I could do that for lunch instead of that fake chocolate bar thing I would be a lot better off. I'm not big on sweets and everything they gave me is sweet minus the Soups for dinner.< /p>

Thank you all for the help and support. I don't really have anyone to talk to about this that understands... So I come here instead :)

You can do it! It does really get better. Sometimes I wish I could eat 1 meal like some, or eat anything for that matter. I just have liquids for 2 weeks, 3 days to go. I am glad now I didn't have an option to eat. More room to cheat/fail for me. This also is getting me ready for lays ahead. This whole process isn't easy. This preop tests us, because we aren't use to it. Just look at the goal, that should be motivation enough for you to just suck it up and move on. This place has been amazing for the advice, feedback, and just the feeling of they got our back.

Hello! I began my pre-op diet today as well :) In my case it's for 2 weeks and I am on the 'Bariatric Advantage' product per my doc. It's the Protein powder shakes (I got chocolate, orange cream, and strawberry) and also the Protein Bars. I'm supposed to be on 4-5 shakes and 1-2 bars per day (plus all the crystal light I can drink).

The bars look like something I might clean up after my cat (gross) but don't taste too bad. The shakes will take some getting used to, pretty chalky but not too bad. I'll have to see how I feel about it in a few days :(

Hang in there!

Day two is going a lot better. Yesterday I stayed home because I was worried that if I went out and did anything I would be extra tempted to cheat. Turns out it's actually good for me to get out because I'm not thinking about food so much. I went to Starbucks with a friend and sipped on a plain coffee while we visited:)

Edited by GirlOnFire

If you really can't stand the stuff, then ask your nutritionist for other options. I am pre-surgery and have not started my diet yet but I had my consult with the nutritionist. I can not eat most artificial sugars due to Migraines so she gave me ideas of things I can make myself. I have also determined that I can put up with a mild headache for a week or two if I have too and stop the Protein mixes if they get too bad. I hope I feel the same way when I am actually doing it! Good luck!

I'm in Deland. Between Orlando and Daytona Beach.