Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

LBT Sleep over in Houston Texas! Nov 13th

LisaMG

So Betty if you call this Camaro your second Childhood then what do you call your Harley with all that fringe?

Getting that car was a spur of the moment thing, and if I had it to do over again, I probably wouldn't have gotten it. My car started having problems, and although I loved that car I couldn't keep it. I probably would have kept it for another 5 years or so, but couldn't. Well, I had it in my head that I wanted a convertible, and my hubby didn't. We got into a big time argument over the whole thing. I told him this was supposed to be my car, why can't I get what I want? Well, I went and looked at all the convertibles, and when I saw this one, well I just had to have it. My first car was a Camero convertible (red no stripes) and I loved it. So, I argued till I got it. The problem is we can't take people with us as the backseat is so small. As for me driving it, I love it, but it does create problems when we have out of town guests. It is not a very comfortable car for taking trips either. And like I said the police love it too. My hubby has a really bad heavy foot, so it is not the best car for him to drive. Every guy that pulls up beside you wants to race. I drove a truck the other day, and I almost wish I had it.

I hate to be the simple minded here, but what started out as a day/lunch thing turned into a overnighter and now its a TWO nighter....

Mike wouldnt mind the one overnight, but TWO??? Geee, thats really hard when there's little ones to tend to on the home front... like the 2 of us have (Kayleigh, too I think?).

Lisa, what about in Kemah? Do you think there would be a guest house we could rent for 1 night in that area?

Im just making suggestions......... I may have to call you on this one.

Paula - We aren't staying two nights, only one. We are coming in Saturday and leaving Sunday. I think Lisa said it required a two night reservation to get the cottage. Am I correct here Lisa?

Well, Shoot! I'm afraid that date is just too close to my surgery for me to make this one. But if plans are made for later, let me know!

Marie went to Kema today to check out whats available and for what price. Lets wait and see what she has to tell us.

Paula, the reservation is for 2 days, you don't have to stay 2 days. You can use the second day for a late check out. Other wise you have to be out by noon & every hotel room has noon check out. I'll do that if I have to. I think it would be neat to able to hang around as long as you wanted.

We were only going to get the beach house if 6 people committed to going in the first place. That has'nt happened yet. As of right now we have 4 of us that are intrested in spending the night. Betty, Leatha, Ginny and me.

O.K., just got home...Kemah is basically a Landry Corporation's group of restaurants and shops near a marina w/ tons of sailboats. The Boardwalk Inn's largest room is a kingsize bed. Their Condos are 5 blocks away, not on Water, weekend is 2 day rental, and say no vacancies for 11/13/04.

Galveston.... www.spectrumvacationrentals.com I went and toured this one. It's right on seawall, large wraparound balcony, 4 bedrooms (3 kingsize beds, 2 twin), 3 full baths, brand new, huge, drop-dead gorgeous...total for 1 night (11/13/04) $402.50 (includes taxes) (8 @ 50.31 ea.). Non-smoking, check-in 3 p.m., check out 10 a.m. (like we'll be sleeping -ha!) I'll stay if I can room w/ Betty in the twin beds room. The website shows it's interior, looks just like that--has an elevator up to it, plenty of parking. If you want this one, I'll be glad to pay for it, then get reimbursed. We probably won't sleep anyway, so if we get more than 8 to come, great!

Let's see...Kyleigh, Ginny, Paula, Leatha, Lisa, Betty, me. I'm going to contact Clara Luz. Anyone else you can think of?

Leatha - I have the camero, and it's a red convertable with racing stripes. (second childhood) I don't think I would ever get another one, the cops watch me like crazy! . :P:( :(

My point, exactly. If they stop me in a Subaru, imagine the troubles I'd have in a real sports car. lol

O.K., just got home...Kemah is basically a Landry Corporation's group of restaurants and shops near a marina w/ tons of sailboats. The Boardwalk Inn's largest room is a kingsize bed. Their Condos are 5 blocks away, not on Water, weekend is 2 day rental, and say no vacancies for 11/13/04.

Galveston.... www.spectrumvacationrentals.com I went and toured this one. It's right on seawall, large wraparound balcony, 4 bedrooms (3 kingsize beds, 2 twin), 3 full baths, brand new, huge, drop-dead gorgeous...total for 1 night (11/13/04) $402.50 (includes taxes) (8 @ 50.31 ea.). Non-smoking, check-in 3 p.m., check out 10 a.m. (like we'll be sleeping -ha!) I'll stay if I can room w/ Betty in the twin beds room. The website shows it's interior, looks just like that--has an elevator up to it, plenty of parking. If you want this one, I'll be glad to pay for it, then get reimbursed. We probably won't sleep anyway, so if we get more than 8 to come, great!

Let's see...Kyleigh, Ginny, Paula, Leatha, Lisa, Betty, me. I'm going to contact Clara Luz. Anyone else you can think of?

Sounds good.

Marie - Thanks for checking out the place for us. You are right, it is drop dead gorgeous. It is plenty big enough for more if we need it too. I think it's great. I vote yes!

Leatha - You are crazy girl!

OMGosh that place is GREAT! It has whirl pool tubs!! I don't care what room I get or bed I sleep in as long as I get to use one of those TUBS!! TY Marie, your a doll and as cute as one too. I'm sending you a big smooch on the cheek for finding this place! (((smooch)))

Marie - Thanks for checking out the place for us. You are right, it is drop dead gorgeous. It is plenty big enough for more if we need it too. I think it's great. I vote yes!

Leatha - You are crazy girl!

Umm... now I've gone and done it, the news is out. (You don't know the half of it. ) :P