Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gained most of my weight back

Yes, I do make sure and eat all the meatballs (so it's a full can's worth of the balls) but maybe 2/3 of the broth.

I had it at 11:45 today and I'm still good for now at 4:30.

I was also told to avoid Soup by my program. This is one of the few I don't follow.

I agree, any kind of broth makes me so full I can't even sip my Water, for hours. I guess it is phase 1 Atkins, but since I have lost only 3 lbs in the past 32 days, averaging 35-40g carbs a day, I must go lower.

Though I was told to stop eating Soup once I'd moved onto solid foods, because soup doesn't actually fill you up once your sleeve is healed.

Girl. Soup fills me up. broth Soups are perfect for me, cream based Soups often make me dump. If I eat either, I can't eat "real food" after.

Interesting.... soups go straight through my sleeve like any other liquid, so I could eat a whole bowl in one sitting with no problem. Even with chunkier soups, the liquid makes the chunks pass through more quickly, same as drinking while eating.

It IS weird. I am more than two years out and I still cannot drink 30 minutes before I eat nor can drink 30-45 minutes after or I vomit. I definitely cannot sip while I eat.

I have a slight stricture and I am thrilled about it. I refuse to have it fixed because it keeps me honest. :D

I snickered when I wrote it :P

I couldn't think of any other way to say it...

Okay time for my story. My sleeve was done in Aug 2011. In Jan 12 I lost my job and was doing great and had lost weight from 269 to 185. When I finally went back to work in Aug 2012 I have gained back to 220 and feel just a fat as I was at 269. Before surgery I had never had love handles and still had a waist at any weight.

In Jan of this year, I started logging my 1000 calories on Fitness Pal and started doing some weight training and pliates. I follow this for 12 weeks and gained 2 pounds and it did not appear to reduce my stomach which is my demon. Talk about a kick in the teeth.

Since WLS surgery I have had shoulder and knee surgeries and struggle with most exercises. The best muscle builders are lunges and planks which are killers for my shoulder and knees. My knee pain does let me walk enough and high interval training does work with my chronic anemia.

Today I started on high Protein again and will see where this goes. I can't I say am all that happy with my sleeve.

This is my rant for today and good luck to everyone.

Okay time for my story. My sleeve was done in Aug 2011. In Jan 12 I lost my job and was doing great and had lost weight from 269 to 185. When I finally went back to work in Aug 2012 I have gained back to 220 and feel just a fat as I was at 269. Before surgery I had never had love handles and still had a waist at any weight.

In Jan of this year, I started logging my 1000 calories on Fitness Pal and started doing some weight training and pliates. I follow this for 12 weeks and gained 2 pounds and it did not appear to reduce my stomach which is my demon. Talk about a kick in the teeth.

Since WLS surgery I have had shoulder and knee surgeries and struggle with most exercises. The best muscle builders are lunges and planks which are killers for my shoulder and knees. My knee pain does let me walk enough and high interval training does work with my chronic anemia.

Today I started on high Protein again and will see where this goes. I can't I say am all that happy with my sleeve.

This is my rant for today and good luck to everyone.

Good luck I struggle daily

I ate 4 dates on friday, that was my only "extra" carb for the weekend, and Sunday I woke up 2 pounds heavier. My carbs must stay at 30 or less to lose, 40 or more and I gain.

I ate 4 dates on friday, that was my only "extra" carb for the weekend, and Sunday I woke up 2 pounds heavier. My carbs must stay at 30 or less to lose, 40 or more and I gain.

I actually found that I have to keep mine under 15 most times but still that is difficult and minimal loss

...(so it's a full can's worth of the balls) ...

REALLY?? NO ONE ELSE SNICKERED!?!?!?!

Thankfully it wasn't this English dessert. :)

spotted_dick475.jpg

Hope things get better, keep us posted

I know it is counterintuitive, but I started eating in the highly ketogenic range (see FlexibleKetogenicDOTcom) and I finally got to my goal weight range in the last couple of months.

I had lost a lot by going very low-carb in the past, but in these late stages (right before sleeve and since being sleeved), my "broken metabolism" was not responding to low-carb like it had in the past.

Taking my macros to moderate Protein, high fat and low carb (as per the calculator) finally caused my body to respond the way it had to mere low carb in the past and the pounds started melting off again.

I've come to understand that certain strugglers from the long time yo-yo dieting trenches finally start losing on this wacky approach and I am one of them. (I am at my lowest since being a mom and can feel hip bones for the first time in MANY years myself (FWIW).)

Very best to all- it is crazy making indeed to find the approach that might just work for our particular situations.

Low carb high Protein always works!but it's hard to stick to long term. Best of luck to all of us!

I think low carb high Protein is the kickstart for us, but long term I'm looking toward a balance that I never had before, carbs, fats, protein, etc...,

My first barrier was admitting tearfully where it all started, then a willingness to change my bad habits into good ones, learning to eat the right way, learning to utilize things like grilling, woks, and absolutely staying away from things like sodas, and energy drinks, it's a long road to better health, but I didn't exactly get fat overnight either, I'm learning to love natural things like Water, and liver, and especially memorizing amounts and weights, variety is also a great companion, it makes me very angry when I hear people on here being told by those close to them that it was a

"Quick fix" hah!!!! I surrounded myself

With a great support group who don't questions actions or my decision to do what I did, there is so much learned but o want to remain a student and keep going, and I want to teach others along the way, it's very hard when I'm out and I see an adult telling their child "oh Cmon, you need to finish that!" No they don't, why set them up for failure?

I had surgery in August 2011 and was losing until August 2012. I had been unemployed in 2012

until late August 2012. I was 185 when I went to work and got up to 220 six months after starting the job. I have been at 220 no matter what I do. I guess I can be thankful I have not

gained back all the weight. The only thing that depresses me so much is that weight I gained makes me

feel and look like I did at the highest weight of 269. I have to wear the same clothes then

now. That is so discouraging. I tracked my food and worked out 3 days a week for a period for 12 weeks starting in January of this year and gained 2 pounds. I have been unemployed since

January but thankfully I am going back to work on Monday July 13th. I have been of liquid Protein this prior week to try to feel my work clothes are not as tight. I have not weighed because that just depresses me. I will try to stay on the high Protein for the next week get back to

how I did feel in that August of 2012.

I wish everyone success and good health and for us with the demons on our back to conquer them.