Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hunger, Cravings, etc. Post-Op

At first I couldn't even sit up but the next day they make u walk to avoid clots, and walks helps with the gas build up that causes pain, now I have no pain I walk everyday, not really use to the taste of Protein Shakes but I drink them anyways and a lot of Water for dehydration. I was actually shocked when I got on scale 9lbs in 6 days, I hope it keeps coming off, I'll check my weight again on the 25th at my check up.

I'm out of the hospital. So far so good. Just trying to get all my liquids in and keep moving regularly. I definitely haven't had any cravings or desire to eat anything other than cold Water. Even Jello and crystal light are overly sweet to me now. I've been working on the same Jello cup since this morning and have only gotten half way through it.

Some food still looks or smells good to me, but I get turned off at the thought of eating it.

@@sarahbee glad to hear you are doing well. I had surgery 06/09 and still have not had a hunger feeling. I am able to eat Jello, but have no desire to eat, so I have been on strictly liquids since I have been home.

I had surgery on the 8th and been on the liquid diet since then. Seeing others eat doesn't bother me much. I really was craving a scrambled egg, so even though it's a couple days early, hubby scrambled one up for me. It was so good, I ate slow and careful and it was the best egg ever LOL I couldn't even finish it. I was so full afterwards, like I just went to a buffet or something, I needed a nap :P I think two weeks is plenty for a liquid diet, I mentally am planning all my little meals next week. Taking my lemon Calcium supplement is like a dessert now.

I am 6 wks post op tomorrow and at this point I defiantly feel hunger about every two hours but a very small amount of food satisfies the hunger. I am actually glad to have my body feeling/recognizing hunger on its own as opposed to training myself to eat by the clock or even if I'm not hungry. I am just about to get my period and this has been a tough week for me craving wise. I am craving sweets but like someone else said the fear of dumping helps kick it and also the positive success I have had so far I am not willing to sabotage.

Try to eat every 5 1/2 hours. When your pouch is full you should be able to wait that long before eating.

@@ejones8979 when I went to my post-op appointment last Friday, the doctor told me I could transition this Tuesday, which will be two weeks exactly. I am looking forward to it, but more for a change of pace, not that I am craving food. I went shopping today and stocked up on Soup, yogurt, pudding and cottage cheese :-)

@@Spiceyfrog in two days I'll be the the two week mark, hopefully when I go to my appointment on the 25th my doctor will let me go on to stage 4. Your right it seems less complicated and the food on stage four is some of the stuff I like. Wish I could get rid of these cravings but I don't act on them.