Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello fellow 6/15'ers and those going/gone soon after! Hope you are continuing to feel better each day. I feel really good- did from the beginning. My question- what do we know about when we will start to see weight loss. I weighed myself today, almost started crying- nothing. I checked in with a friend who is 18 months out, 100 Lbs down. She said weigh weekly, but measure. Other insight, thoughts? What have you heard? I'm walking 3x day, drinking fluids, following the plan. A little bummed.

I decided that I'm not going to weigh myself until my post-op appointment next week because I don't think it will be very accurate right now... remember that they pumped you full of IV fluids in the hospital, and your body is recovering from the shock of surgery. A lot of people on these boards said that they actually gained weight temporarily, then it dropped when the fluids and gas and everything settled down. I wouldn't worry about it!

Thanks! My friend had your same surgeon- she loved him! I know logically that makes sense, It's just that I was not worried about the surgery at all, only that I would not lose weight! Weird, but that's been my fear.... I just need to follow the plan and let it work. Thanks for your message!

I'm having mine on June 22nd. My dad and step mom are against me having it. Thank god I have great friends and neighbors. They think I have changed my mind. Anyone else have problems with family members?

I only told a hand full of people. I didn't want to hear negative things from any one. My mom had the surgery last year so she is all about it! I hope your family comes around quickly! :)

Edited by kareichle

I was sleeved June 15th!! I can't wait for this stomach pain to END! Tired of feeling this way :( But I've lost 14 pounds in three days so pretty happy about that....

My weight loss progress will be on Instagram if any of you have it.. My name on there is: sleeveddreamer

Hello fellow 6/15'ers and those going/gone soon after! Hope you are continuing to feel better each day. I feel really good- did from the beginning. My question- what do we know about when we will start to see weight loss. I weighed myself today, almost started crying- nothing. I checked in with a friend who is 18 months out, 100 Lbs down. She said weigh weekly, but measure. Other insight, thoughts? What have you heard? I'm walking 3x day, drinking fluids, following the plan. A little bummed.

Ello, also a fellow 6/15 er :P. Like you I have felt good from the beginning... Aside from the nausea right out of surgery. I have lost a total of 7lbs since surgery. I have read that some don't see loss right away because of swelling but I am not sure. Just remember although we have had the same procedure our journeys will be slightly different.

How much walking is everyone getting in so far?

I home and feeling great. Pain in my stomach is not bad. Mostly soreness and it hurts to lay and stand.... But not too bad. I have no nausea but I am hungry. I had my daughter come steal my scales while I was away. I am not even going to think of this period as a weight loss period. I think of it as a healing period. Taking it easy. Just walking around the house and taking care of my incisions.

I had my first outing today. The temp in Missouri is 100 feels like 110-115. Went to a teacher store and walked for about half an hour and did ok except for still feeling weak. I am drinking more fluids today an for lunch and dinner I am eating refried Beans with a small spoonful of light sour cream. I still can not get my Protein Shakes in. Right side still a little tender, but only when I sit for awhile. Hope everyone is having a great day.

How is everyone doing?

I took my hubby out for Father's Day yesterday, we went to Red Robin and I had some Soup. It was nice to go out and have some family time.

I'm doing pretty good--I was actually able to bend down and pick something up off the floor today! I am feeling a bit more rundown, though, and slept until after 10 this morning. Maybe it's all just catching up to me now. I start full liquids tomorrow, so I'm hoping that a little higher calorie intake and taking my Vitamin will help with my energy. So jealous of you guys who are already on soft/pureed foods!

I'm having a really hard time getting 64 oz of Water down... anyone else?

Also, are you guys introducing Protein in yet? If so, how? Just shakes?

Remember that broth, popsicles, and Protein Shakes all count toward your 64 oz. of fluids. I have a small "sippy cup"-type tumbler from Target that holds about a cup, and I just keep sipping from that all day and tracking how many cups I drink in My Fitness Pal. I switch between ice Water, herbal Decaf iced tea (Tazo iced citrus bliss), and water w/ various flavors of Mio squirted in it. I find that ice-cold tastes better to me, so I throw a couple of ice cubes in, too.

My week 1 plan allows me to have 1 Protein shake per day. I'm not supposed to have dairy yet, so I'm using unsweetened almond milk to mix with my powder. Then I measure out 1/3 cup at a time and drink some in the AM, some around lunch, and the rest in the evening. Tomorrow I can bump up to 2 shakes a day.

I was told to only mix 4-5 ozs of liquid(almond milk, Water, or whatever) to my Protein Shakes. I just started today with 4ozs of almond milk. Took me about 4-5 hours to get it all down. They said I might only get one down a day.

I was told to only mix 4-5 ozs of liquid(almond milk, Water, or whatever) to my Protein shakes. I just started today with 4ozs of almond milk. Took me about 4-5 hours to get it all down. They said I might only get one down a day.

Is that all you could drink?

I'm really scared I'm not progressing how fast I should. I can only handle about 20 oz of Fluid a day. :(