Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight loss stall

I'm so freaking frustrated.... I can't seem to get past 239. I was 344 in June 2014 and I lost most of my weight in 9 months and now I've been stalling... any suggestions for restarting weight loss?

What are you eating now? How many calories, carbs, and Protein grams do you get in each day? What do you think is causing your stall?

Maybe try going back to the liquid part of your diet ( the one you followed right after the surgery ....) for a week or if you cant do a week try 3 or 4 days? that is what I am going to do ...

Edited by JCrumm

I actually found this today because I was looking for answers to why I have stalled. I will be 9 months out on June 23rd and I have not lost anything in 3 weeks. I exercise 6 times a week for an hour or more. I am so frustrated right now, I am not sure if I am eating too much or not enough. I am eating about 1000 calories a day. I am also looking for suggestions so I understand your pain. When I had my surgery I was 330 and now I seem to be stuck at 225, so we seem to have some similarities.

I have been stalled for 3 1/2 weeks and I'm 8 months out. When I went for my appointment last week I was told not to go back on the liquid diet for a week, that I had to get my metabolism fired up again. So now I'm eating between 80 and 90 grams of Protein a day. I got on the scale and was down 3 lbs this week. (( yay )). We have been taught our whole lives to stop eating to lose weight, that's why it just makes no sense to me to hear your not eating enough you need to eat more. So now I'm keeping a journal of what I eat everyday for awhile and see if that helps. So far I have lost 102 lbs and 64 stubborn ones left.

I've lost 109 since June last yr.... I have one hundred more to go and I am frustrated. .. I'm going to start going to the gym 2 times a day.....I should go way up in Protein

I'm so freaking frustrated.... I can't seem to get past 239. I was 344 in June 2014 and I lost most of my weight in 9 months and now I've been stalling... any suggestions for restarting weight loss?

l