Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello out there, this is a very delicate - embarrassing subject... Here goes.

Ever since I've been banded when I go to the bathroom my #2 (trying to be polite!!!) is green!!!!

I asked my Dr about this, and he laughed... to my utter embarressment!!!

Has anyone out there had this happen, or am I the only weird case???

Okay, this is going to sound weird but are you drinking crystal light grape or grape Protein Drinks? There is a blue dye that makes you poop green - it's in a lot of foods. I never had it until I was banded because I never drank crystal light until I was banded. Scared me half to death when it happened.

*giggling*

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. Cyndilou is right, there are dyes in a lot of foods/drinks that the body doesn't break down in the digestive process, and it comes out the same as it went in.....I once ate some kind of fritter donut thing that was red.....I almost drove myself to the emergency room until I remembered eating that, and decided to wait and see if I had any other symptoms, like diarrhea or cramping, or pain, or anything, and it ended up being nothing.

It can also be caused by some vegetables. How long ago were you banded?

OMG YES!!!!!!!! I am drinking the Walmart brand of the on the go Grape drink!!!! I've been freaking out about this!!! Thank you sooooo much for replying. Geez what a topic...hahah!! LOL

thanks again....

I was banded on 4/9/07 and this has been driving me crazy ever since... hahahah. My good friend was banded in Feb of this year and never heard of such a thing... Never thought to ask if she drank Grape Crystal light... Who New???????

How 'bout you when were you banded??

Well, I HATE Crystal Light with a passion, so I haven't had this issue. But I have heard of it before, and remembered eating too much black licorice once, and poohing green. Scared me! And then the red donut thing....Sheesh, I thought I was bleeding to death, poohing BRIGHT red.

How are you doing with your band? I can't even begin to tell you how great I feel since being banded in Feb....

<p>I've had my issues. Bad Port pain for almost 10 weeks!!! No support from my surgeon! However his nurses were wonderful and helped me through it all. I had my first fill about a month ago and have been PBing almost everything solid I eat. I think its a learning curve - the eating thing. I'm getting there though, just have to learn to pay attention to eating. However NO regreats this is the best thing I've done for my health in years-well besides the quiting smoking!! I go to the doc today as a matter of fact and I'm anxious to see how much weight I've lost.</p>