Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

After dramatic weight loss, we're faced with loose skin. If we're very fortunate, we can undergo surgery to remove the excess skin. But until then many of us have problems with excess skin. We're stuck with discomfort, chafing, rashes, infections. What hacks, home remedies, or inventive techniques have you used to manage this?

I was getting a little hanging skin on my neck. I read that you can fix it by looking straight up and puckering your lips or trying to kiss the sky. I decided to try it and would do it 10 times a day and after a few weeks, I swear it's tightened up and the loose skin is gone. I do use lotion on my neck too.

I wish you had a similar trick for the belly.

Ugg yes I'm getting a turkey waddle ????

@@Countrygrrl are you following me around or am I following you?

There WAS a smiley face on my post. I don't know where it went.

@@Swampdoggie I prefer the term stalking ???? or failed stealth mode.

Haha that's a good one. I will have to borrow your failed stealth mode.

I remember reading somewhere that it takes your skin 2-3 months to "catch up" every time you lose weight. I have found this to be true the entire process so far since I had surgery 14 moths ago. There would be times my thighs would look horrific and then a month later they seemed to tighten up a big. I'm mentioning this as things may get better with time.

I've taken to wearing a WYOB (wear your own bra) girdle thing from Flexees. It's a miracle worker! I tuck it right under my overhang and it stays put all day. It also makes me look a little less lumpy. I have no rash, itch or discoloration under my belly. Hope this helps!

post-177084-14326796134434_thumb.jpg

I remember reading somewhere that it takes your skin 2-3 months to "catch up" every time you lose weight.

Tell that to my skin! I think it's in 1978! lol

Seriously, mine would need a Gulfstream jet to catch up. I can grab piles of skin everywhere. I can haul up 8 to 10 inches of skin on my abdomen and roll the skin on my arms around like a crescent roll. When I run for the bus, my body keeps moving after i come to a halt.

I keep myself clean and dry. That's the best I can do for now.

I've taken to wearing a WYOB (wear your own bra) girdle thing from Flexees. It's a miracle worker! I tuck it right under my overhang and it stays put all day. It also makes me look a little less lumpy. I have no rash, itch or discoloration under my belly. Hope this helps!

attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1432679611.738672.jpg

Does this actually help tighten your skin or just help to hold you in? I was looking to get one either way but was curious.

I am going back to the gym, I know it won't get all my skin the way it should be, but I really love bodybuilding and I know from experience that it will help tighten the skin, I also understand that it depends on age, so at 51 I will have more loose skin later than say a 23yo, I'm ok with it because for me it's about quality of life and health , cosmetics are in the lower side of my list

attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1432679611.738672.jpg

Does this actually help tighten your skin or just help to hold you in? I was looking to get one either way but was curious.
It doesn't do anything for tightening. But it does wonders for holding it in and preventing rubbing.