Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery was Friday, May 15th. Doc generally keeps patients in hospital for 2 days and would have kept me a 3rd if I wanted, but I was anxious to get home. Friday I remember nothing from after the surgery. Saturday was a rough nauseous day, nurse brought me a Phenergran injection, so that knocked me for a 16 hour loop right into Sunday. Finally kept everything down from about noon Sunday and since then. This is rough though. Not easy AT ALL!!! Praying for all the patients that have had their sleeves done, and the patients in the process of getting theirs done. One day at a time.

Stay strong!

You will start to feel better soon. I wasn't wiped out quite so much after surgery as you but really struggled with getting the fluids in. It took me a good week and a half to be able to sip Water without getting the twisting, gurgling feeling. I found the first 2 weeks tough as I could never seem to stomach the same thing more than once. I found miso Soup to be a really great option. It contains a bit of Protein (even if only a little) and it was a pleasant relief from all the sweet things that seem to take on a liquid form much better than savoury things. I'm just over 3 weeks post-op now (surgery on 27th April) and finding it easier every day.

Good luck and congratulaions :) and stay focussed on the long term results!! :D

Thank you for the encouragement and suggestions!

So sorry you have had a rougher time of it. I also was sleeved on May 15th and day three was when I turned a corner. Until then I was unable to get much of any fluids in but day 3 I drank almost 48 ounces of Fluid. I am aiming for more today. Still have a bit of gas making it very uncomfortable to drink but taking gas-x and expect that to be gone soon. Hang in there, we are going to be so much better for our efforts!

You can do this!! Eyes on the prize! Sending hugs!

The first little bit is rough. There's just no way around it. Be patient and you will see improvement day-by-day. Once I was approaching 3 weeks post-op and allowed to move onto soft foods/purees, I started to feel a lot better. Still took me to about the 3 month mark to feel "normal" the vast majority of the time. But even one month out was a HUGE improvement over those early days. Hang in there and be patient!

I am your surgery twin i had mine on May 15 I feel so terrible is the worst pain i ever had, I am nauseous all the time .. How r u now 

So sorry Meryam! My nausea went away Sunday. They wouldn't discharge me from the hospital until I had no nausea. Are you sipping slowly and tiny amounts? It takes me about 9 minutes to get 2 oz down. We'll get through this! Laurie

I feel fortunate compared to some stories I heard. I had mine done on a Thursday morning and went home Friday evening. Friday was not a good day due to nausea and unrelenting HICCUPS that drove me nuts.

Fell asleep Friday night sitting up in a recliner (pain meds and exhaustion). I slept through the night and woke up Saturday morning without nausea and without those hiccups. I immediately starting trying to get my liquids in and I forced myself not to take any more pain meds unless I 100% needed them. I have felt good every day since then. No nausea. No gas pain. Some soreness but nothing real bad. I hope I continue to do this well.

I wonder if some people take too much pain medicine? I stopped it because I know it can make you nauseous and it also made me want to sleep to much -- both of those are bad for staying hydrated.

just hang in there and do your best to A) Get your liquids in (I am doing 1-2 oz literally every 15 minutes, per doctor's orders). B) Walking multiple times a day.

It seems that most people wake up one day and just seem to start doing better

I am doing everything .. Maybe everyone is different .. I just downloaded app called eat slower try it .. I think it help

I had my sleeve done on the 11th. I too had severe nausea and was dry heaving in the hospital. The gave me extra nausea and pain meds and held me a few extra hours. I was able to leave on the first day post-op in the evening. I struggled with the nausea until the next day. By this time, I felt like the liquid Lortab might have been the culprit. So, I quit taking it on day 3 (I actually vomited it). I wasn't having severe pain at this point. I starting turning the corner about day 5. I am currently on day 8 post-op and feel pretty good. I walked about a mile and a half today and tired a little easier than I would like. I am thinking because my Protein and Water intake aren't up to the goal yet. I have also been stuck on the same weight for 2 days. I know I shouldn't be weighing daily, but I am! Has anyone else had a weight loss stall?

Had surgery the same day!! I am ready to progress away from liquids! I have to literally force myself to drink. Ugh, this is hard! But will be worth it!!

Another thing that's helped with the sips going down are putting my arms straight up in the air. Immediately releases the pressure. Nurse just called and ordered me to take 80mg Prilosec 2x daily and since I did that, I've had very little fizzle feeling in back of throat. It was getting so bad it felt like Pop Rocks candy sitting in my esophagus. Today was definitely better though. Praying for all y'all!

Marching in place helped me with my sipping.