Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had my surgery today!

I find that I am losing slower than most people who have had rny. I had the band, which most people lose slower with compared to gastric bypass. I was hoping for a quicker loss in the beginning, but it's quite slow! Everyone is different I guess. Good luck to all

My surgery is July 30. I am nervous and excited. It REALLY hope it works this time. I had the fill removed from my band in March and have gained 25 pounds. I am at the low end of the bmi requirement so I am curious how the weight loss will go.

I am 7 years out on my band I have had nothing but problems for the last 3. I have struggled to maintain what little weight loss that I did achieve. Developed seen kidney stones,thyroid disease other rebellious body problems that I suspect are related to the band. Hindsight is greater than foresight or wishes. I should have gone with the bypass in the beginning. I am now 58 and under going this surgery to hopefully halt the progression of the "fat" diseases or co-morbidities.Lose the weight and be healthier so I can livelonger to enjoy retiring.

Edited by LoraLei2

Please keep us posted on your developments. I am so pumped about it all.

Edited by LoraLei2

@@noura4 what is slower? It took me a month to loose 5 pounds with the band. Is that what I am looking at with the bypass? Are you happy you had the band removed? Did you gain weight once the Fluid was removed from your band?

I know a lot of questions.... They are just running out of my head I am whirling.

@@hubbark1 5 pounds a month with the band is about what I lost. I did lose 105 pounds with the band and I felt great for a couple of years. Then I got sick with acid reflux and it was because my band slipped. I did revision surgery and it slipped again. I got the band removed at that time and I gained all my weight back and then some. I'm happy I was able to get the bypass now. I'm 9 weeks out now and I've lost 43 pounds. I feel like it's slower than others and I have to be careful because I don't feel restriction like others say they have. All in all I'm thankful and blessed! I don't want to sit and complain. Good luck to you!

Ihi I've been following this post. I'm having my band to bypass surgery on the 22 and thus is the first I've heard of losing slower. . I'm puzzled that you feel no restriction. Has anyone else experienced this?

That has me very nervous.

Ihi I've been following this post. I'm having my band to bypass surgery on the 22 and thus is the first I've heard of losing slower. . I'm puzzled that you feel no restriction. Has anyone else experienced this?

That has me very nervous.

I have actually lost more quickly this time around. I had my band placed in 2008 and fought it for years only ever losing about 60 lbs. I had my revision on May 7 and have lost just shy of 50 lbs (including my pre-op weight loss) I am now at my lowest weight since I was 19, I am currently 36.

As far as restriction, with me it isn't the same. I don't feel restriction like with the band. I just get full (really quickly). I had to stop myself from looking for the same feeling because it is totally different.

How much can I expect to loose during my 2 week pre-op diet? I start it Wednesday.

I have had some of the same probs. My band was placed in '08. Filled unfilled, flled, unfilled, scoped 2x swallow tests, also have a hiatal hernia. Kidney stones. Thyroid surgery. Then came the reflux. Throwing up, not being able to sleep laying down. Aspirating.... I was ready to give up and just yank it. Then I had soul searching to do. Am I scared? Yes. I want to LIVE, not exist or get by. Am I off base? My surgery is July 20.

Got my nasty lap band taken out and had gastric by pass surgery today! I'm so happy! I'm sore but it's not bad at all, been up walking around, this is my new beginning! Yay!

how are you doing right after and since surgery?

Started my pre-op diet today. My surgery is July 30 and I am a bit (well a lot) nervous. After 2 failed lap band attempts I am concerned about the scar tissue and whether or not the doc will be able to complete the revision to bypass. I am also questioning whether or not I am doing the right thing. I already failed twice, I just don't want to fail again.