Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christian sleevers ?

My decision to have WLS was very private. The first person I consulted with was my husband, the second my Heavenly Father. I needed my husbands support to proceed, but only my Heavenly Father knew what I'd been through and what was yet to come. I Hesitantly prayed at first, telling the Lord that I wasn't ready for an answer. More importantly I wanted to make sure I chose his will and not my own desires. When I was ready for an answer to my prayer I was overwhelmed by the feeling of unconditional love and support from my God.

I had surgery Monday 8/15 at Loma Linda University in SoCal. I am LDS, and the hospital is 7th day Adventist. My choice to have surgery was spiritual. On surgery day I was overwhelmed with emotion. I knew I was going to have to be taken care of and not be the one taking care of my family. The Anesthesiologists sensed my anxiety and prayed over me, before they wheeled me away. The Chaplin visited me on Day 2 when we couldn't calm the Nausea. He prayed with me. My nurse showed great care for me and before her shift ended and it became obvious I wouldn't be released she came to pray with me. Oh what an experience! To be immersed in the Love of God and the love of his willing servants! I only hope that as I change my health and gain energy and ability I can be of service like the people who have so humbly loved and served me. And it's only been week 1 :)

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Aw, why is this thread so empty? We gotta get back in here!

I am also a Christian, Lutheran specifically. I am confident in Christ that everything will go well!

On ‎03‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 0:45 AM, courtneyd said:

Aw, why is this thread so empty? We gotta get back in here!

I am also a Christian, Lutheran specifically. I am confident in Christ that everything will go well!

It's not often that I come to the special interests forums. I just had a belly ache reading through another special interest thread. LOL Thought to come here and get some of that ache lifted. I've been around since Dec most daily. I've noticed many people tend to drop out of BP after getting their surgeries done. I'm going to be updating as I usually do to help others perhaps. Will this thread be safe enough to talk about our lives as Christians? Seems so....there's nothing but hostility and attacks about Christians on another thread. Not lately, thankfully. Hope you're still around too hon????

A very humble believer here. God, through Christ has been very merciful to me. I am currently revised from lapband to sleeve. I know, beyond a shadow of any doubt that God has intervened in my life several times giving me the opportunity and blessing to enjoy life and family here on earth.

Before the lapband I was a very big guy with many medical issues and was given a second chance with lapband by helping me lose 120 pounds and begin to enjoy life and my family. 4 years after the lapband, God intervened again, when by accident I discovered that my esophagus was with issues due to lapband complications and was revised to sleeve. I am very grateful for this tool(s) he has made possible for me. God is good all the time!

So, I had a dream last night. Most of my church family was at my surgery. Someone had asked me for prayer while I was on the operating table. When I started to pray, all the church family started a worship service. The surgeon hadn't started yet and told me to wait. He stepped over and worshipped with them.

There was more more detail but too much to write. I'm in great Hands! God is good. Bless His name.

I fear and love my God with all I have. This decision I’ve made to have this surgery is dependent solely on my relationship with him. I have to be ready mind body and sole and depend on him to se me thru completely before during and after! Pray for me as I pray for all of you.