Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am sat in the car park outside the hospital having just seen my surgeon for my 6 month check.

I am down a total of 79lbs. Bmi is 34 instead of 48. Body fat has reduced by 14% and muscle has increased by 14%. All is well and I'm very pleased :-)

hair loss has slowed and regrowth is coming in. Loose skin is on the increase, I was prepared for that and will address it once I am done losing!

I hope in the next 6 months to lose another 3 stone. That will take me to a bmi within the overweight range. That isn't my ultimate goal but I am also not too hung up about being within a normal bmi as I am doing weights and that is affecting my loss on the scales but shows clearly in my clothes.

Hope everyone else is well and doing ok :-)

That is fantastic news . It seems a long time ago since the start of our journies. I remember reasing about u going to Cyprus and how you were doing . I'm 20 weeks today and I feel fantastic . Clothes shopping is fun and shopping for underwear has been a revelation as I have gone from a 42 DD to 36 E! So pleased for you and well done to us both !

So my wish was to be in onederland by Xmas day...and I've been hovering just above 200lbs for a few weeks. Today I am 200.8..... One more weigh day before Xmas....hoping this will keep me focused this week and keep the temptation of all the Xmas treats under control!!

Just realised that means total loss so far of 81lb! Whoop!

Woop is right ! Well done to us all ! Have a great Christmas and enjoy it back to the routine afterwards. Our sleeves will not allow us to mad as I certainly have done in the past !

Wow what a great Christmas Present to yourself. Very well done and you have earned your pass into onederland. Have a fabulous Christmas, and I know that neither one of us will overindulge. Thank heavens for the sleeve!

@@madferitchick - ONEderland!!!!

I am about 3 weeks ahead of you, surgery 5/6/15.

I hit Onederland about a month or so back and now I am at 185...hang on the ride may have slowed...but we are in until the lights are turned off :D

Edited by jane13

Just found the below on the notes section of my phone. I'd forgotten about it but it's made me quite emotional. This year has been life changing and I'm reminded of all the reasons why I took the pretty drastic steps to get sleeved. I'm very proud also to have achieved two of my three goals, and today I'm 198 lbs so feel a bit more safely into onederland! As for the 5k run I'll start work on that in the new year. I'm so much fitter and healthier now due to my weight loss and all the work I'm doing with my personal trainer.

Here's the list: (Matilda is my daughter btw)

"Sleeve

Tired of fighting, all my life

Get control

Be healthier, feel better

To be here for longer for tilly

To run and play

Stop sweating

Breathe easier

sleep better

Move easier

Stop people laughing/pointing/making fun

Feel more confident

Affects every part of my life

Is tillys probs due to my weight

Work confidence

Going out in eve/socially

Aeroplane seat

Theatre seat

Will a chair break

Will I fit through a gap in a crowd/between cars etc

So tilly isn't teased at school cos of me

Want to be a participator not spectator

Wear my hair down without getting hot and sweaty

Can't ever have another baby if stay this weight

In and out of car door

Toiletting

For Matilda

To play with her

To run with her

To carry her

Stop ache pain in my

Knee

Feet

Finger

Back

Pelvis

General aches

Short of breath

Sweat

Pins n needles back

Goals

Get into wedding dress

Run a 5k

Get to onederland"

I wish you all a very merry Christmas and may 2016 bring us all a year of health love and happiness. Xxx

So probably the hardest week of the year in terms of food management and I have maintained :-) very very pleased with that and I have enjoyed the week, not felt at all deprived and have enjoyed the food I have had whilst maintaining control. Happy new year everyone and here's to a fabulous 2016. 2015 has definitely been a game changer :-)

3lb off this week, very pleased With that and to have got back on the horse straight after Xmas :-)

I'm now in the 13 stone bracket too, whoop!

Hope everyone is well and doing good too :-)

This update feels very poignant. I started this thread in May last year laid on a sunbed at typhoon lagoon whilst on holiday in Florida. It was 9 days before I saw my consultant and 23 days before I had my sleeve surgery.

Today, 10 months later, I am again laid on a sunbed in typhoon lagoon whilst on holiday in Florida - and life is incredibly different in many ways! I am fitter, healthier, happier, have more self confidence and self esteem, few if any aches or pains and notably the day I left for Florida I weighed in at 183lbs - 98lbs lighter than I was when I wrote my first post last year!!! I was really hoping to have hit the 100lb loss but you know what, I know I will so really it doesn't matter and I'm just celebrating the achievement

This journey has been incredible and I am so very glad I took the decision and had surgery. I had to be brave, I had many fears and worries, but I needn't have had as I have been blessed with an uneventful experience with everything happening smoothly and text book.

My weight loss has been slowish but steady and my approach to eating has been moderation rather than deprivation and I am happy with both my lifestyle and progress to date.

Being in Florida almost 100lb light has been a real eye opener. The heat for starters seems so much less intense without all the extra fat! I have even had to wear a cardi a few times due to being cold and had the heating on at night rather than air conditioning!

Yesterday was a real milestone and NSV in a big way. We spent the day at Busch gardens. Last year I avoided going there as I knew the harness for the rides wouldn't fit me and I was really sad as I love that park and was desperate to ride the new Falcons fury at the time. Well...yesterday I rode all the big rides, and in a standard seat with plenty of extra room

And slack on the seat belts!!!! And it felt A-MAZ-ING!!!!! I have never ridden in a standard seat, always needed the one for bigger people. But yesterday I was just one of the crowd, blending in and unremarkable. That's felt sooooo good. And the Falcons fury...well the ride was good but the thrill was more in fitting in the standard seat

Another thing about being in Florida is the food. I normally couldn't get enough and the huge portion sizes was always what I loved! This time I look at portion sizes and can't believe I ever ate all that! I wondered if I would feel deprived or like I am missing out but I really don't. I'm ordering what I like, whilst still being mindful of Protein and drinking Water, but as I said my approach is moderation so whilst on holiday I am having treats...but when I'm full that's it and I move on, no over stuffing myself to the point I can't hardly move!

I still have a way to go. My stretch ultimate goal is 149lb but my realistic goal is 161lb. I have a lot of loose skin which I knew would be the case and I will likely have plastics which I will discuss with my surgeon at my 1 year check. Progress from here is slow going I know, but I'm ok with that, it's a lifestyle not a race and I know I will get there. I also know I have to remain ever vigilant. I am an emotional eater and that hasn't changed. Hunger is also making a return at times. So I have to keep on top of these things but I believe I can and will.

Tomorrow is a day at magic kingdom for my daughter to meet all the princesses. Then Friday I will be shopping shopping shopping!!! I can't wait to shop in regular size stores and treat myself to all the things I have longed to buy in the past when in Florida but they didn't fit! This year there's no stopping me!!!

Life is good

Hi I'm so glad that all is going well for you. I can remember writing to you when we were both at the start of our journeys. You are ahead of me by a little but I am happy to report that I am under 12 stone and fit into size 14 at Next which is an absolute dream for me. In 5 weeks I will be going to n Cyprus and I will be over 6 stone lighter than I was when I went last year. I've been slow and steady, and I too have the loose skin but I'm a good bit older than you so I won't be doing the plastic surgery thing. Anyway just wanted to reach out and say very well done and yes you are right life is good !

Hi I'm so glad that all is going well for you. I can remember writing to you when we were both at the start of our journeys. You are ahead of me by a little but I am happy to report that I am under 12 stone and fit into size 14 at Next which is an absolute dream for me. In 5 weeks I will be going to n Cyprus and I will be over 6 stone lighter than I was when I went last year. I've been slow and steady, and I too have the loose skin but I'm a good bit older than you so I won't be doing the plastic surgery thing. Anyway just wanted to reach out and say very well done and yes you are right life is good !

Thanks Chris and yes it seems time has flown so quickly since we first started our journey! So pleased to hear you are well and your progress is fab. Isn't it amazing to fit into standard sizes in next etc! I will never take that for granted! Oh have a lovely time in Cyprus - it will be very different for you than when u last went! I really can't get over how different the heat affects me...I used to get hot and sweaty and want to be inside or under he sunshade and was still hot and sweaty! Right now I am sat under a sunshade so I don't burn but I have a hoody on as I am a bit chilly in the shade and its 31 degrees lol!!

Yes I must say that being to walk into normal shops and buy normal sizes is just fantastic. I have given away so many clothes and I still do a double take when I catch a glimpse of myself in a mirror in a store when I am not expecting to see myself. Emotional eating can get me too, but I'll tell you something I don't get so upset and agitated like I used to do. My daughter says I am the calmest coolest person she knows !!!

Enjoy your holiday

Chris