Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for a buddy with lower pre op BMI

I would love to make a FB page as long as friends can't see that I'm a member or my posts on the group. As everyone on this post is in a low bmi and not telling a majority of people. So as long as the group is hidden you can add me, Jamie 'Glasgow' Allmark.

@

I too am worried about that as well. I worry that I am going to Mexico, and if I come back and have complications that my insurance won't cover it. I feel more confident as I read others stories as it seems that rarely is there any complications.

I think that everyone is nervous as well. I was a nurse in the recovery room for years with patients having all of these bariatric surgeries. Never saw any complications in surgery or immediately post op. However, I never see patients after that. I worked with 4 nurses that got the sleeve and they were all very happpy.

When is your surgery?

If you make the group secret no one will see what you post except other members of the group. I know how to make the secret groups if you would like. Then I can invite everyone to join. That wants to join.

I am also in the same boat. I am in my last month of preop and need an EGD to check severity of reflux before scheduling surgery. My BMI was 35, now it's 33. Everyone says I don't need surgery but I am tired of yoyoing drastically and need this tool to stay at a decent weight my small bones can handle. I am miserable with swelling feet and low self esteem. I don't care what anyone says, people treat u different once u become overweight. I really need to buddy up with someone who understands why I need this surgery. I'm really nervous about possible complications. I am a single mother with a new house and I cannot afford to be incapacitated long term. Any thoughts or advice appreciated.

I'm a single mom with a home too (though engaged now). I made this decision for me AND my 11yr old daughter. I need to be around and healthy for her in the long term. I totally understand the lifetime of yo-yo dieting. It is too much stress, too much weight on our small frames. Please don't fret over possible complications, rather, focus on a positive outcome. If there are complications :cross that bridge when you and your doctor come to it. Right now be optimistic. I'm sure you have given a lot of thought to this decision and don't go into this lightly. Remember the" why ". Best of luck, and feel free to drop by this thread anytime for support.

I'm in for the private group. I agree. This blog is hard to follow. My FB name is Jody Ann Tejada, San Antonio, TX

I have a 12 yo daughter. And a 29 yo daughter who is an RN. I haven't told her becuz I think she will try to discourage me against it. I am feeling positive about the outcome. Yesterday when I went to my second weight check and psych eval there was a patient who came in crying in pain and could not hold Water down. That scared us all in there.

@@Nurse going to Mexico. Did the other RNs go to Mexico too? Living near the border myself in San Antonio, tx I would not take that risk. I have seen and heard of too many infections. And ur right, will ur ins cover after care for complications.

The name of the face book group is Low BMI Friends. Figured that was pretty vague. Lol! I have it where any one can find the group but members can only read the messages. If you are interested in joining it then ask to join and I will approve. After everyone has joined I will make it secret where no one can even find the group unless they are invited. :)

The name of the face book group is Low BMI Friends. Figured that was pretty vague. Lol! I have it where any one can find the group but members can only read the messages. If you are interested in joining it then ask to join and I will approve. After everyone has joined I will make it secret where no one can even find the group unless they are invited. :)

I'm in. I just requested to join

No, the other RN's had it done here because they had high enough BMI's for insurance to pay. I don't qualify.

Beliteweight has facilities in the US and Mexico with the doctors who have worked both US and Mexico. I did a lot of research and like this one because it is in a real hospital, not a surgery center, and you stay in the hospital the whole time. They do about 5 surgeries a day (versus the 15-17 a day I'm finding in Mexico) which really isnt a lot considering each procedure takes about 45 minutes. I have researched a lot and can't find any complaints with them.

I am paying $6800 (plus airfare) versus $4300 at these surgery center like places that have you stay in a hotel, and not a hospital. I will have a private room and my husband can stay as well.

I feel very comfortable with them, I just always worry about being one of the very few people with complications.

I like the group, but I had to get off because I thought I posted all my stats on my regular fb by accident, My heart is thumping

Yes. Cat would have been out of the bag, OMG. I wrote all my stats and that I wasnt telling anyone, I was going to tell my friends I was on Medifast. Anyway, I have surgery June 1