Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A Target score and a NSV...

I swore off shopping during my pre-op. I was losing weight pretty quickly (down almost 50 lbs in 3 months) and knew it would just be a waste of money to buy any new clothes. So when the Lilly Pulitzer for Target collection launched, I didn't even wanna look at it because I knew I would shop. Well...that turned out not to even be an issue because before I even woke up that morning, the Target website had crashed and most stores looked like a tornado had come through and picked up all of the Lilly items. So I moved on with my life LOL

I went to Target today for cleaning supplies, face wash, and a trash can. That was all. Of course, I had a Cartwheel for 15% off one of their brands of women's apparel, so I thought whats the harm in taking a look? Maybe I'll find a nice maxi dress to transition around in. I walk by the women's section and see a very familiar print of white and green. Could it be? No...there's no way...is that...that's a piece of Lilly Pulitzer for Target. I'd recognize that cheery print anywhere. It's a jumpsuit I had coveted when sneak peeks of the line started showing up online. I picked it up and found no flaws or marks or tears in it...how could this possibly be here?! I check the tag and it's a standard XL. Well, I usually need an XXL at Target, and that's not always a good fit. I usually have to go to their plus section and I almost never find anything. This item is not stretchy. And it has a zipper. At this moment, I am terrified. Me and zippers don't have a pleasant history.

I take it to the fitting room, hang it up and examine it again. If it doesn't fit AND has a tear, then i'll feel better because I don't want a torn item anyway. There's not a single mark or tear. Suck it up Ashlee. Try it on. I put one leg in...I put the other leg in...I pull it up and it actually passes my hips. I take a deep breath (actually I sucked it in is what I did LOL) and pull it up the rest of the way. So far so good. But does it zip?? I reach behind me the best I can and pull up that tiny white zipper. And it stops. OMG. I KNEW IT. IT DOESN'T FIT. I turn around to see where i've stopped and lo and behold...i've zipped it all the way up. This thing fits. And not only does it fit, it fits damn good! It's a wee bit snug at my chest, which tells me I've got a little room to make so I can wear this thing out properly. Even though I've sworn off shopping, I absolutely cannot walk away without this item.

According to the girl working the fitting room, a woman had returned the item last night and since they no longer have any of the collection in stock, there's no where to properly hang it. So it was mixed in with "similar" colored items. I wasn't even gonna go to this particular Target today, but I didn't feel like going to my usual Target closer to home. So if I had to analyze it, I'd say that the good lord above compelled that woman to return that jumpsuit and then led me to that store on purpose so that I could find it and realize that I have shrunk my way down to standard sizes!

In the words of Ice Cube...today was a good day.

PS if you read that whole story, you're my hero. Sometimes I feel like storytelling.

Hooray for you! That's fantastic!!

post-246023-14303661589586_thumb.jpg

Here it is! And a "before" picture for reference post-246023-14303662030865_thumb.jpg

That's a pretty awesome nsv! Congrats you put a smile on my dial today :) keep up the great work, all your efforts are slowly coming into fruition :).

Thats a very cute outfit by the way!

Edited by VSGmary

Loved your story, and congratulations...

PS. It looks great on you..

Edited by Miss Meg

It looks fantastic on you and we all like a bargain when we go shopping.

Victory in the dressing room! Now that's a story with a happy ending. Love the outfit -- you are adorable. Thanks for sharing but now I want to go shopping.

It looks perfect on you! What a very happy NSV, great work!

@@blashlee, first of all you are a great story teller!

And my that looks adorable on you! Keep up the great work. You look fantastic!

Right time, right place. Love your story. You look Mahhhhhhhvolous!

I know the common advice they give you is to wait until after you bottomed out before buying clothes. But that is not always true. As I was losing weight, I would buy something that was so tight that if I took a deep breath, it would break apart at the seams. But a week later, it would fit like a glove. It was a great motivator. Ahhhhhh, what do they call it? NSV (non scale victory).

@Bashlee -- Loved your story!! Love your jumpsuit! It looks fabulous on you!!!

I've been trying not to buy too much while still in the losing phase, but it's hard to resist when you come upon a good or great deal, right?? :rolleyes: I stopped at Walmart last night to look for some properly fitting jeans for this weekend and came home with several pairs of casual and workout capris, the jeans I was looking for, and several tops. Good grief!! Not to mention that night before last I went to buy A pair of black flats for work, which I found and purchased, but then proceeded to another store and came home with 3 tops for work. So much for not buying too much while still in the losing phase, right? :D Hey, we need to keep those consignment shops in business later on.......LOL!!

Yowza!!! That is a very cute outfit!!! So proud of you. Keep up the good work!!! Im still preop, but im wishing for results just as quick.

Congratulations. Sounds like you were destined to take home that jumpsuit. Now, I want to see a picture of you wearing it out somewhere fun. You have to show off!