Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 19th band to sleeve-surgery buddy?

Hi... I would like to join too. My revision surgery is June 16, 2014. I need buddies too.

For those of u that have been revised, how r u feeling? I came home yesterday and feel like this was much harder than band. However, that was 14 yrs ago, so might be that I just don't remember, I have all kinds of stomach pain, pain medicine makes me have hot flashes. I know this will get better, but right now I feel pretty crummy. How about u guys?

I'm four days post op and I feel much better today. I haven't taken any pain meds yet, or had any gas meds yet. I did get really weak earlier when I was in the shower and pretty much passed out afterwards. My goal has been to get in my fluids, walk as much as possible and use my incentive spirometer.

I still get wiped out very easily.

Glad to hear you are feeling better today Dream125. I feeling better today, still alot of stomach pain though. I too am tired easily. I have had an Ensure today though so hopefully it will help with energy. How is everyone else doing?

Hi... I would like to join too. My revision surgery is June 16, 2014. I need buddies too.

I am scheduled for 6/30. How was your insurance approval process? I've already had band out and awaiting vsg.

Welcome BndtoSlv and NancyBax. How are the others that had surgery this week doing? I had surgery Tues, home Wed. Someone stayed with me Wed and Thurs. 2 nights so far by myself. Lots of pain on my right side. In worried Dr might have gotten a suture too tight, because it is much deeper than incision. Getting liquids in is hard and Ensure goes RIGHT through me.

Hi buddies!

I'm six days post op and everyday seems to get a little better, easier. I've been able to get in my 48oz Fluid requirement, but I must admit it is very very difficult to get in my Protein intake. The taste of the Isopure and the Premier Protein is disgusting to me. I was definitely able to tolerate the taste of the Premier pre-surgery. I drink my Water, broth and watered down juices pretty well.

The gas pain has not been as bad as I thought it would be. When I had my Lapband the pain seemed to awfully last a long time, but this time not so much. I have suffered with acid reflux more this go round, the Pepcid AC and the prescription seems to help. It feels great to pass gas (fart) and burp.

I try to walk as often as I can, although I think I can do better with this. I only get in about 1000 steps a day. I get wiped out pretty easily. I find that I've been sleeping quite a bit (and I feel guilty about that).

I still have the internal pain and I take the pain meds as needed. I still haven't had a BM, is this normal for you all? I also still have some inflammation and swelling in my belly.

Here is where I've progressed from to today:

Sw: 232

Surgery day weight: 219-220

Cw: 210

I'd love to hear how all of my other buddies are doing ????????????

Hey buddies! I am 6 days post op. 2nd day without pain medicine. However I have a pulling feeling on my right side where everything was removed. I find I can't sit still too long or even stand too long without getting uncomfortable. I didn't find that the pain meds helped that much with that feeling. I am probably getting about 50 oz of fluids a day, but not nearly enough Protein. I am doing Ensure and Protein Shakes but they go RIGHT through me. Super nervous to go to work tomorrow from an energy standpoint. Down about 20 lbs from start of pre op diet. How r the rest of the buddies doing?

Hey buddies! I am 6 days post op. 2nd day without pain medicine. However I have a pulling feeling on my right side where everything was removed. I find I can't sit still too long or even stand too long without getting uncomfortable. I didn't find that the pain meds helped that much with that feeling. I am probably getting about 50 oz of fluids a day, but not nearly enough Protein. I am doing Ensure and Protein shakes but they go RIGHT through me. Super nervous to go to work tomorrow from an energy standpoint. Down about 20 lbs from start of pre op diet. How r the rest of the buddies doing?

Hi Shay,

Be sure to share with us how your first day back at work went. I am afraid to return so soon, I still get very tired real easily and I'm still taking my pain meds, although I've tapered them down quite a bit.

I wish I could poop, no luck in that dept. I just don't have the urge to go. I'm having a hard time with the protein too!

I am scheduled for 6/30. How was your insurance approval process? I've already had band out and awaiting vsg.

Bndtoslv:

You asked about the approval process. It was a lot easier this time. I have United Health Care. When I had the initial band surgery my insurance denied it and I had to pay out of pocket. It looks like the insurance companies are open to this type of surgery. The insurance representative said that they were doing a lot of band to sleeve conversions. I do still have to pay a really hefty deductible but at least it is not full price.

Nancy

Bndtoslv:

You asked about the approval process. It was a lot easier this time. I have United Health Care. When I had the initial band surgery my insurance denied it and I had to pay out of pocket. It looks like the insurance companies are open to this type of surgery. The insurance representative said that they were doing a lot of band to sleeve conversions. I do still have to pay a really hefty deductible but at least it is not full price.

Nancy

As for my insurance approval, I pulled their policy from the website and then proved based on that why I should be approved. Got approved for band to sleeve in one procedure. My dr didn't even think I would get approved because I wasn't heavy enough, but per Aetna policy, I qualified!

Edited by shay5413

Hey buddies! I am 6 days post op. 2nd day without pain medicine. However I have a pulling feeling on my right side where everything was removed. I find I can't sit still too long or even stand too long without getting uncomfortable. I didn't find that the pain meds helped that much with that feeling. I am probably getting about 50 oz of fluids a day, but not nearly enough Protein. I am doing Ensure and Protein shakes but they go RIGHT through me. Super nervous to go to work tomorrow from an energy standpoint. Down about 20 lbs from start of pre op diet. How r the rest of the buddies doing?

Hi Shay,

Be sure to share with us how your first day back at work went. I am afraid to return so soon, I still get very tired real easily and I'm still taking my pain meds, although I've tapered them down quite a bit.

I wish I could poop, no luck in that dept. I just don't have the urge to go. I'm having a hard time with the protein too!

2 days down at work. Today I felt way better. Yesterday was okay, but hard to sit still for more than 10-15 min. My side starts to hurt. My stomach itches a lot. How is everyone else doing?

Hi, I am getting a band to sleeve revision on May 19th in Austin, Tx with Dr. Fass. When I was banded (2001), I didn't have a support group, surgery buddy, etc. Is anyone having a revision interested in being surgery buddies? I am not sharing this surgery with many people, so it would be nice to have someone to talk with about all the ups and downs.

Hey buddies! I am 6 days post op. 2nd day without pain medicine. However I have a pulling feeling on my right side where everything was removed. I find I can't sit still too long or even stand too long without getting uncomfortable. I didn't find that the pain meds helped that much with that feeling. I am probably getting about 50 oz of fluids a day, but not nearly enough Protein. I am doing Ensure and Protein Shakes but they go RIGHT through me. Super nervous to go to work tomorrow from an energy standpoint. Down about 20 lbs from start of pre op diet. How r the rest of the buddies doing?[/quote

I hady band to sleeve surgery on the 28th. Was im the hospital one night. The worse part about the surgery for me was the severe post anesthesia nausea. It was the worse I ever had. They gave me zofran and it did absolutely nothing. Another thing I did not expect was the lovenox injections. The dr said that everything went smooth but getting the port out was challenging due to lots of scar tissue. I had my band in 2004. I had it removed because the band had slipped and I had constant reflux as long as there was saline in the band.

Hello. I'm new to this site...and I'm excited that I found it. I was just approved for Band to Sleeve conversion; and I would like to commence a buddy relationship. I'm scheduled for surgery on June 29, 2015. Anyone close to that date that would like to share the experience?