Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

10 Day CHALLENGE to get back on track!

Ok Veteran Sleevers, for those of you that are still rocking that sleeve with no backsliding, kudos to you, you are Rock ⭐️Stars! BUT, for those like myself that have left the "rock ????band" to pursue another career and want to get back onstage, I'm challenging you to join me in a 10 Day Rock Tour! (Please forgive my witty puns here, gotta keep my sense of humor in tack) Here's my plan to get those unwelcome 20 ????groupies (pounds) off my stage (body).

1. Take my "act" on the road. ????????Walk/run at least 3 miles EVERY day. No excuses. If it's raining ☔️I will walk on the treadmill or go to a mall and walk. The 3 miles is in addition to any normal walking I already do. This will get me ready for a 5k which is about 3.1 miles.

2. Drink at least 8 glasses of Water every day. No, Rock Star ????energy drinks don't count.

3. Try a new ????song (diet plan) I'm going to try the 5:2 song. (If you don't know what that is you can search it on this forum or google it) Basically try switching things up or go back to the basics from when you were first on tour (sleeved).

4. Report daily to this post with my success. ????

5. Measure myself before???? and after????

6. Log ????food, Water and exercise.

Then party like a Rock Star ????????????????when I complete the challenge and win a Grammy!

Who will join me?

I put on 5lbs over the 2014 holidays & then 10 lbs in January '15 while I was on steroids for inflammation. I have been working to get it off for 2.5 months & have 4.5 lbs to go. I joined a diet bet at dietbet.com that ends on May 9 & I will lose about $85 bet if my weight is not down those 4.5 lbs (to 154). I am thrifty and cheap, so there's no way I am going to lose that cash LOL! Sending us all good "back-on-track" vibes!!

I put on 5lbs over the 2014 holidays & then 10 lbs in January '15 while I was on steroids for inflammation. I have been working to get it off for 2.5 months & have 4.5 lbs to go. I joined a diet bet at dietbet.com that ends on May 9 & I will lose about $85 bet if my weight is not down those 4.5 lbs (to 154). I am thrifty and cheap, so there's no way I am going to lose that cash LOL! Sending us all good "back-on-track" vibes!!

Well you are totally going to rock that bet and win that money!????sounds like we were in about the boat. I was around 154 at Christmas and now I'm up to 172! Ugh. They changed my thyroid meds but it hasn't helped. I'm a zombie by 1pm everyday and I'm constantly hungry.

Well thanks, Success2013! I don't think a ton of veterans are on here any more (I have the impression that many of them formed an off-site 5:2 group 12-15 months ago & don't have a huge need to be back here). But- we can at least have a mini group here, lol. I am 5'7.5", so at 159 lbs I'm a loose-to-just-right size 12. At 154 I'm a snug-to-just-right size 10... I think I am going to need to try again for 150 this summer (never pushed through and got there last summer) if I want to easily slip in to 10's (which I would like to do--I waste a LOT of time in dressing rooms trying to decide whether the 10's or the 12's are the least "evil," LOL.

I'm still in a bit of mourning that I "ruined" my progress of 2013/14 in the first month of '15, but I can't have a do-over and I'm at least managing to crawl (limp?) back down to where I was. I will say that in trying to lose weight now (when the max restriction and hormonal reduction in appetite of the early sleeve is long over) I have learned WAY more about forming and sticking to truly good habits than I ever did back in the "honeymoon" days of losing 3-4 pounds every week. Hope your first day of renewed effort has gone great -- think how much fun it's going to be in a couple of days when you lay down and feel those protruding hip bones that pop out when you do a jump start like this :)!

I think alot of vets have just stopped posting much. Many just never worked through the navigation changes on this site.

I think you're right, CGJ and that is completely understandable. (I don't think I would be here much if I hadn't had a sudden gain at 14 months.) Thank you for YOUR wonderful, ongoing contributions to this site over the months & years. You inspire & support a lot of people indeed!

I am still at goal, but as I have shared a little annoyed at being "bigger" and less fit. I want my "guns" back..ha! Apparently not enough to return to doing pushups and planks etc etc YET

Anyway, I stay around because i do want to inspire others as others inspired me, but also to keep this a focus. It is soooo easy to go back to eating like people around you do. If you have been obese a long time, eating "normal" makes you obese again... sad to say. :(

I have been doing the reverse. Two weeks ago, I was at the doctor's office and weighed seven pounds more than last time, in February. So, it was time to get serious again. I do strength training two days a week and eat more (including carbs), maybe 1300-1400 calories. The other five days, I have been staying very low carb (20-30 grams) and holding the calories around 800-900. Plus, I have increased my cardio on those five days. In the last two weeks, I have lost all seven pounds and am ready to get moving towards my goal again. It has helped to be diligent about weighing, measuring, and logging again. Protein 80+-, Water 100 oz+-.

Day 1 went good. I got in 82 grams Protein and 18 carbs, and 1340 calories. Drank 6 glasses of Water (which is huge for me, I usually drink none). Lost 1 pound.

I will so join you. After spending the winter in the land of eating out (FL) I have gained 7 lbs????. We are on our way home now and will begin eating the sleeve way. Protein, Water and only healthy carbs. The one good thing about Florida is I get so much exercise there, walking, golf, yoga, and swimming. I will really have to work on that at home as I hate cold weather, let's hope for a warm spring and summer.

I'm with you - am 2 lbs above my bounce weight and don't want to go that direction!

My first day home and did 1050 calories!

I'm in too - I sure need this!

At ten months out my weight loss really plateaued (25 lbs to go) and I let discouragement nudge me towards eating stuff I know I shouldn't eat - mostly chocolate. It was that sense, 'If i'm doing everything I can and not losing, I might as well eat some things I love and enjoy the plateau.' Really BAD logic, I know. I bumped up 3.5 pounds and now am back down 3 of them. In two days I'll be one year out from surgery. SO glad I did this!

My plan for the next ten days:

Get all my Water in today.

Log my food today.

Back to the gym today (I've only been away four days)

Tomorrow I stop any off-plan eating

Tomorrow I'll redo my measurements and NOT overreact if the outcome isn't good.

Continue to pre-make more meals I like (just did a freezer recipe yesterday, so I'm okay for the coming days)

Celebrate behavioral successes, not just the scale ones.

Today I Celebrate that i'm still doing well in not drinking with or just after meals, and that I packed my lunch.

I didn't have a good day yesterday. Let an argument with my hubby derail me and I gained a pound this morning! But I will not let it continue. Back on track today!

Well thanks, Success2013! I don't think a ton of veterans are on here any more (I have the impression that many of them formed an off-site 5:2 group 12-15 months ago & don't have a huge need to be back here). But- we can at least have a mini group here, lol. I am 5'7.5", so at 159 lbs I'm a loose-to-just-right size 12. At 154 I'm a snug-to-just-right size 10... I think I am going to need to try again for 150 this summer (never pushed through and got there last summer) if I want to easily slip in to 10's (which I would like to do--I waste a LOT of time in dressing rooms trying to decide whether the 10's or the 12's are the least "evil," LOL.

I'm still in a bit of mourning that I "ruined" my progress of 2013/14 in the first month of '15, but I can't have a do-over and I'm at least managing to crawl (limp?) back down to where I was. I will say that in trying to lose weight now (when the max restriction and hormonal reduction in appetite of the early sleeve is long over) I have learned WAY more about forming and sticking to truly good habits than I ever did back in the "honeymoon" days of losing 3-4 pounds every week. Hope your first day of renewed effort has gone great -- think how much fun it's going to be in a couple of days when you lay down and feel those protruding hip bones that pop out when you do a jump start like this :)!

This is me. Right down to the height! I'm trying to get back on track... Can I join?

I think I'm the only person on the planet who could work out all winter and still gain. Changing the food up for this challenge.

Today: circuit at the gym

3 mile walk

Added a Protein shake for Breakfast

Lowered the carbs!