Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need help...Nectar Protein Powder

I have heard from so many of you how great the nectar Protein Powder is, so I was super excited to get my sample pack in the mail. I mixed the Crystal Sky pack with 16 oz of Water. Unfortunately the taste is horrible to me! It was hard to mix it for starters. When I tasted it, all I could taste was that strong Protein taste. I cannot hardly get this down. Any suggestions??

I've never tried the crystal sky flavor. The fuzzy navel is awesome, Cookies and cream, mint cookies and cream, strawberries and cream, are all sinfully good!

Pre-op I really like most of the flavors. I never mixed them with Water though. I always mixed mine with milk.

Post surgery I couldn't stand the taste of any Protein powders at all. Had to give them up.

They all have that taste to me ugh! However I like the Syntrax matrix line

I couldn't handle the taste either!

I like the grapefruit mixed with Water and a little Crystal light lemonade. Not a fan of the Crystal Sky, apple, or tea flavors. Cookies and Cream mixed with soy milk was yummy. I don't remember the name, but there was one flavor that was coconut and pineapple and it was really good too.

I've never tried the crystal sky flavor. The fuzzy navel is awesome, Cookies and cream, mint Cookies and cream, strawberries and cream, are all sinfully good!

Did you use milk or Water? It is the strong Protein taste that is killing me. I hope the other flavors somehow mask it.

I did get a sample pack of those as well. Did you use milk with the matrix line?

I did not like the Crystal Sky flavor at all! I drink Fuzzy Navel almost every morning for Breakfast and actually like it. And I am not a fan of artificial sweetener or Protein powder!

@@Misty1975 I use the 30 calorie almond milk. I will use Water with the fuzzy naval, and strawberry cream when I cannot use full liquids. (I won't use water with the Cookies and cream ones. Those are so yummy I just can't put the yumminess into words!)

I have never tried that flavor. I like the Cappuccino one made with Water and with lots of ice. I love the Fuzzy Navel or caribbean cooler made with Water and with lots of ice. I use half milk half water to make the vanilla Bean torte, Cookies and cream, chocolate Truffle.

I hear the Lemonaide is pretty good, but haven't tried that one yet.

I use the grape or wild cherry mixed with Water. I like them over ice or almost frozen like a slushy.

I've never tried the crystal sky flavor. The fuzzy navel is awesome, Cookies and cream, mint Cookies and cream, strawberries and cream, are all sinfully good!

Did you use milk or Water? It is the strong Protein taste that is killing me. I hope the other flavors somehow mask it.

I did get a sample pack of those as well. Did you use milk with the matrix line?

I use Water with the matrix line. I went to Nashua Nutrition and picked samples that sounded good to me (they sell samples of anything they carry for $1.99).

I like the nectar iced tea okay and the fuzzy navel... But don't love em. The rest I can't stand.

Matrix my favorites are Peanut Butter cookie and mint cookie. But I use the chocolate and vanilla as bases for most of my shakes, adding in sugar free Torani syrups, Peanut Butter or PB2, etc.

Now that I am at goal and maintenance my go to on mornings I run is vanilla matrix w half a plain greek yogert (Fage) half a banana and some berries (or pomegranate arils) blended w enough water to make it liquid. YUM and keeps me going for hours!

Thanks so much everyone! I will try some of these tips.

I ordered some of the fuzzy navel and i was able to do them for a week but now I can't stand them.

I loved the pure Protein and Premier Protein before surgery (they tasted like milk shakes to me!) but again now post op I can't stand them! I can't wait to get on full foods so I can get my Protein in other ways. I am planning on ordering some unflavored protein to add it to my food.