Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One month out, what are you eating, so bored with food right now.

Hi sleevers ! I'm one month out & everything is going great! I feel good, I'm losing weight, and exercising again. I was actually getting hungry in the evenings, not head hunger but real hunger. My Nut said it was because the soft foods weren't staying with me anymore & I needed to move on to dense food. I'm curious what is everybody eating at this point? Or what did you eat at one month out? I am getting tired of eating the same foods over and over. I can't wait until I can add raw fruits & veggies back! I know I won't be eating much, but I miss being able to crunch on something. I want a crunchy cucumber! I am eating the same foods over & over. Egg for Breakfast, tuna or deli meat for lunch, fish or chicken for dinner. ( I can't eat pork) If I have room I add a fork full of canned green Beans or other well cooked vegetable. Sometimes I eat cottage cheese, but my Nut wants me to stop with the softer foods. It isn't a challenge to eat this way, it is just getting boring. I have noticed I can eat a bit more now too. Like I started out two weeks ago eating 1-1.5 oz of tuna and now I can eat 2.5 comfortably. I'm not really sure how much I should eat at this point.

Please share what you are eating or did eat, if you feel comfortable share how much you eat too. Its hard to know what is "normal" as we get close to eating regular foods again. Of course our new diet with regular food is completely different then before surgery. Any new food suggestions would be appreciated too! Thanks!

I think you'd find my diet pretty "boring" since I eat the sames things for all my meals/snacks except for lunch and dinner. Those are always meat of some sort and I try to make sure I never have the same kind of meat for lunch and dinner in the same day. My husband cooks our dinners and I always just eat the Protein from whatever he cooks. Last night was meatloaf. The night before that was feta & spinach poultry sausage. The night before that was chicken breast in an Indian simmer sauce. Shrimp is also a common options.... I always eat half us much meat as my husband does and save the other half of MY half as leftovers to have for lunch another day. I can now eat about 3-4 oz. of meat at a time, depending on what kind it is. I'm 7 months post-op. I wasn't even allowed solid foods at 1 month, so I know I wasn't eating exactly the same things I'm eating now. Back then I was eating more pulled chicken, pulled pork, tuna, etc.