Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need someone to talk to!

Hello everyone

My name is Sars and i had the surgery 3 months ago.

I had some hard times with pain and all and after one month I had even more pain in my throat that I still feel it when i get sad mad or even angry !!

It get affected by my emotions show up with my emotions or even in the car with movment.... but it's okay i can deal with all of that ....

but what made me lose it and feel so down right now that i feel my stomach stretched!!

I can eat more and drink more than before! and I can go on in eating!! sometimes it feels like I never did the surgery...

I think about food 24 hrs and i'm always hungry!!

thats not normal I know and I know it might be me!!

I do not know what to do I talked to my Dr all he said it's you try to change you!! okay it's me I know just help me to change it!!!! how?

I do not want my stomach to re-stretch!!

I do not want to think bout food all the time and eat all the time..my ability to eat increased 2 doubles since the surgery..

I tried to think about something else or do some hobbies but I could not.

I tried to talk to someone but no one could help me!!

Please if someone had this before help me before it is too late!!!!! Help me go thro this I almost give up...I already give up...............

sorry for the long post.

Edited by sksh

I am new to this site and go for my sleeve at the end of the month so I am not the best to answer but say positive and take one day at a time.

I am new to this site and go for my sleeve at the end of the month so I am not the best to answer but say positive and take one day at a time.

Thank you sweety♡

and I really hope your surgery will go well~

and it will go well don't worry~~

I wish you all the luck♡

Edited by sksh

You probably haven't stretched your sleeve. That's very hard to do. But as you heal up, you WILL be able to eat more than in the very beginning. Right after surgery, you have a lot of swelling that provides additional restriction. As you heal, you can gradually eat more and more, but never anything close to what you were able to eat before the surgery. What kinds of foods are you eating? How often are you eating? Are you getting in all of your fluids and Protein? You mentioned pain in your throat. That could be acid reflux. Are you on a PPI? Acid can often present as "hunger", so if you do have uncontrolled acid production, that could be a big part of your problem.

If you are always hungry it may be that you are dehydrated or have acid reflux. Both of these can present as hunger.

Make sure you are measuring your food and eating really slowly so your brain has time to catch up to your stomach. Make sure you are eating solid Proteins that fill you up. Do not eat slider foods that go down easily but digest quickly.

I primarily eat Protein. I have very few simple carbs. I may have a couple of wheat thins twice a week, 2 of hubby's fries another night. I do not have oatmeal, bread, potatoes, corn, lima Beans, Pasta, rice.

Most of my meals I start with a meat/egg/cheese type Protein and then have a few green vegetables. I have a Protein shake in the morning then 4-5 small meals/snacks. I keep busy in between. Work, ride my horse, go to the gym, yard work, house work, cruise the internet. I don't watch TV so I don't see the constant commercials for food.

You probably haven't stretched your sleeve. That's very hard to do. But as you heal up, you WILL be able to eat more than in the very beginning. Right after surgery, you have a lot of swelling that provides additional restriction. As you heal, you can gradually eat more and more, but never anything close to what you were able to eat before the surgery. What kinds of foods are you eating? How often are you eating? Are you getting in all of your fluids and Protein? You mentioned pain in your throat. That could be acid reflux. Are you on a PPI? Acid can often present as "hunger", so if you do have uncontrolled acid production, that could be a big part of your problem.

now I eat lots of lite cheese and bread .. a slice of toast with light cheese for Breakfast

lunch chicken breast and in dinner snack or the rest of my lunch ..

sometimes i eat 5 lil meals and sometimes 3 meals with no Snacks..

I don't have a specific diet I just try to eat healthier.

sorry forgive me english is not my language! whats PPI? i don't eat any meds and the pain I did x-ray and tests that my dr asked to do and he said there is nothing wrong with me...but I still feel it :/

he said it's maybe stress from work or something.

Thank you so much for your answer. Thank you.

If you are always hungry it may be that you are dehydrated or have acid reflux. Both of these can present as hunger.

Make sure you are measuring your food and eating really slowly so your brain has time to catch up to your stomach. Make sure you are eating solid Proteins that fill you up. Do not eat slider foods that go down easily but digest quickly.

I primarily eat Protein. I have very few simple carbs. I may have a couple of wheat thins twice a week, 2 of hubby's fries another night. I do not have oatmeal, bread, potatoes, corn, lima Beans, Pasta, rice.

Most of my meals I start with a meat/egg/cheese type Protein and then have a few green vegetables. I have a protein shake in the morning then 4-5 small meals/snacks. I keep busy in between. Work, ride my horse, go to the gym, yard work, house work, cruise the internet. I don't watch TV so I don't see the constant commercials for food.< /p>

I drink lots of Water but i think I need more to drink!

I do eat fast :(

I'm trying hard to change this and eat slow and I eat snack a lot and it makes me even more hungry i guess!!!

I will try your way

I will start with protein. i did notice when i eat checken breats i fell up so fast not like when i eat snack and bread!

I will do try your way!

Thank you a lot ~

Thank you all for your answers I really appreciate it♡

now I eat lots of lite cheese and bread .. a slice of toast with light cheese for Breakfast

lunch chicken breast and in dinner snack or the rest of my lunch ..

sorry forgive me english is not my language! whats PPI? i don't eat any meds and the pain I did x-ray and tests that my dr asked to do and he said there is nothing wrong with me...but I still feel it :/

You really shouldn't be eating bread. It is high in carbs and doesn't provide any nutrition. You should focus on Protein first, vegetables if you have any room after your Protein, and avoid starches and breads altogether. Eating foods that are high in carbs can make you hungrier and increase cravings. I don't avoid carbs completely, but I do always try to put protein first. If my protein comes with a few carbs (breading on chicken or sauce on meat), I don't worry about it. As long as I'm getting my protein in.

A PPI is a "proton-pump inhibitor". The most common one in the US seems to me omeprazole, which is sold under the brand name Prilosec here. It helps prevent your stomach from over-producing acid. They are sold over-the-counter here, so they don't require a prescription from a doctor. Not sure where you live, so you may have to talk to your doctor about a prescription.

Not all breads are high in carbs, these days there are breads high in Protein and low in carbs.. Just sayin ;)

https://www.p28foods.com/baked-goods/p28-high-protein-bread

now I eat lots of lite cheese and bread .. a slice of toast with light cheese for breakfastlunch chicken breast and in dinner snack or the rest of my lunch ..

You really shouldn't be eating bread. It is high in carbs and doesn't provide any nutrition. You should focus on Protein first, vegetables if you have any room after your Protein, and avoid starches and breads altogether. Eating foods that are high in carbs can make you hungrier and increase cravings. I don't avoid carbs completely, but I do always try to put protein first. If my protein comes with a few carbs (breading on chicken or sauce on meat), I don't worry about it. As long as I'm getting my protein in.

A PPI is a "proton-pump inhibitor". The most common one in the US seems to me omeprazole, which is sold under the brand name Prilosec here. It helps prevent your stomach from over-producing acid. They are sold over-the-counter here, so they don't require a prescription from a doctor. Not sure where you live, so you may have to talk to your doctor about a prescription.

I think i really should start with protein!

cuz i eat lots of bread and i think it make me hungry even more!!!

and I will talk to my dr about ppi

really i don't know how to thank you~ thank you so much♡

Not all breads are high in carbs, these days there are breads high in Protein and low in carbs.. Just sayin ;)

https://www.p28foods.com/baked-goods/p28-high-protein-bread

i think it kindda like the bread i eat

bread with nuts or something like this!

Sars.. I had my surgery 6 months ago. I too am having a hard time. I do good for Breakfast , lunch and dinner. I eat at night. I am a sugar addict ! This has slowed my weight loss. I should be about 10 pounds less. When I reached out to my nutritionist she acted like I had no self control. I asked for something to curb my appetite and they would or could not help me. I have lost 50 since my surgery Oct. 29 2014. I need to lose 30 more pounds. I will keep working on it. I too hope I haven't strecht my stomach. I had the sleeve done. Good luck!!!

Sars.. I had my surgery 6 months ago. I too am having a hard time. I do good for breakfast , lunch and dinner. I eat at night. I am a sugar addict ! This has slowed my weight loss. I should be about 10 pounds less. When I reached out to my nutritionist she acted like I had no self control. I asked for something to curb my appetite and they would or could not help me. I have lost 50 since my surgery Oct. 29 2014. I need to lose 30 more pounds. I will keep working on it. I too hope I haven't strecht my stomach. I had the sleeve done. Good luck!!!

it is alot of hard times!!

but if we keep on lossung weight then it will be worth it i hope!!

but the idea of streching my belly is worring me a lot!!

suger :0 like sweets or suger with drinks?

my dr told me to try and cut it out!! try to replace it with healthier food :0

I really hope we all can get to out goal T.T

I stay hungry all of the time but I don't eat much either. It is still very hard for me to get 800<br />calories in a day. I keep premium Protein Drinks in my fridge. They really fill me up and it keeps<br />me from eating things I shouldn't. The sleeve is just a tool to help you control your eating. Try<br />to stick to the high Protein diet and don't give in to your hunger. If you eat protein and drink<br />the shakes you will do better. I agree with everyone else, stay away from carbs as much as you can.<br />Don't give up, you don't want all that you went through to be for nothing. Good luck to you.