Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Unfortunately, we don't do a ton of cooking at home. We are always on the go! Here are some great restaurant finds:

These are all kids meals. They are all under $6. They last me 2-4 meals

Chipoltle:

Grilled chicken, black Beans, and fajita vegetables (hold the tortilla.) Comes with a drink I give to my son. But no toy :wacko:

Red Robin:

Grilled chicken skewers and steamed (undressed) broccoli. Comes with drink that I, once again, give to my son! No Toy. :angry:

Chick-fil-a:

Grilled chicken nuggets (new!) and a fresh fruit cup. Their buttermilk ranch dipping sauce has 2 grams of sugar. Every other sauce is much higher. Either I give the drink to, you guessed it, my son, OR I get their splenda sweetened real lemonade for later. TOY! :D It is often a book. Into my classrooms treasure box it goes!

Daphne's Grill

Grilled chicken with fire roasted vegetables. Comes with Tzatziki, pita bread (who gets it?) unsweetened applesauce, and a large bottle of apple juice (who gets it?) :blush: No toy!

Souplantation:

My family and friends LOVE Souplantation. What was I to do? Spend $10 on .50 worth of food? I called them and explained my WLS, and they said that they charge the $5.99 kids price for us! It still isn't worth it, but it is since I can go with my family and friends! :blush: No toy!

Now, it could be that they don't give me a toy, because they know it is an adult eating it. But what fun is that?

Sound like good choices

I love Bojangles roasted chicken bites, one container last me 3 meals. Watch the carbs in it though. And if you live outside the south you probably haven't heard of Bojangles.

If others are willing, think about sharing. I do it all the time and this way, I can take a little of this and that and not have to deal with a complete meal. It can work with one other person or a group.

Went out last night as a matter of fact with my folks and my sister. We ordered two Soups, one appetizer, three main courses. I took a spoonful of my sister's vichyssoise because I just had to. Then had 1/4 portion of the beets and goat cheese salad..a small serving of fish, small serving of meat, and about a half dozen mussels. Saved my carbs for a slice of french bread dipped in the mussels sauce. I even has a couple of spoonfuls of dessert with coffee.

More than satisfied and no leftovers to deal with. I remember when I would eat an appetizer and a full entree all by myself. And often a full serving of dessert as well. And I enjoy it more than I did before being banded as the portions are small and I savor every biteful.