Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You're fine. I didn't take any pains meds once I woke up in recovery and never even bothered to get the prescription filled. The only thing I would suggest is to start working on building up your Protein and Fluid levels. As for the chicken broth, if you don;t like it, don't drink it. Just make sure you are aiming for that minimum 60gms of Protein and 64 ounces of fluids. It take a minute to work up to that, but keep it as your aim. ALso if you are feeling good start taking short walks each day. You can split it into 2 15 minute walks or 1 30 minute walk.

Also I'm itchy around my little wounds. I guess that means I'm healing on the inside huh? All of my tape has fallen off and I'm so ready to be able to sit back in my tub, as I'm no shower gal! I love a bubble bath! So I'm hoping that I can get in my tub soon...sigh! Is this normal to itch?

I've just been walking with my hubby. I think we walked for 40 mins total.

Edited by MzRed12

Also I'm itchy around my little wounds. I guess that means I'm healing on the inside huh? All of my tape has fallen off and I'm so ready to be able to sit back in my tub, as I'm no shower gal! I love a bubble bath! So I'm hoping that I can get in my tub soon...sigh! Is this normal to itch?

Itching is normal. Just remember don't take a bath until the wounds scab over.

Hi all. I am a week out also, just graduated to full liquid today. Had my first Protein Drink and felt full for hours...can still taste it too. I lost 15 pounds so far and have no pain issues ( had the gas pain the first 2 days, but that's it). Hope the Protein gets more tollerable, but otherwise it's great. Wish everyone well on this journey of ours!

Your probably living on the glycogen stored in your body. It will eventually run out you will need to drink/eat Protein and get your vitamins...

It's great that you feel so good (so did I) but Unless you'd like seeing globs of hair falling out of your head in a few months, I'd work on getting your Protein and Vitamins in. Not to mention your body needs protein in order for your sleeve and abdominal incisions to heal.

Edited by Kindle

Wannabeskinnie....I am also from MA and will be having surgery at Umass. I was wondering which surgeon did you have? I have heard wonderful things about Dr. kelly just was curious if you had any advice in that department? Also if you had any further advice or any complications? Hope you are doing well and thank you in advance!!

Thanks!!

Wannabeskinnie....I am also from MA and will be having surgery at Umass. I was wondering which surgeon did you have? I have heard wonderful things about Dr. kelly just was curious if you had any advice in that department? Also if you had any further advice or any complications? Hope you are doing well and thank you in advance!!

Thanks!!

[quote name="meggieo79" post="3789051"

Meggio, I feel everything at umass was great! I didn't have dr Kelly but he spoke at one of the support meetings I went to. They set me up with dr perugini and I really liked him too. I had a six month wait because of my insurance requirements, but when I look back, I needed it to mentally ready for these changes. I had no problems with surgery...a little nausea for the first day but was up walking to the bathroom while in recovery, because I waited several hours for a bed on the floor. The nurses were great though everywhere I was. The have you drinking a Protein drink the next morning and I was discharged by 330 that afternoon.

For a couple days, everytime I drank, whether it was Water or carnation instant Breakfast, I had spasms in my belly for 5-10 seconds, but when I called, dr perugini called me back within 20 mins...it was all normal and it actually was gone by a week out. My incisions healed up nicely and I have no complaints!!

I go today for my fist follow up and really hope I can add yogurt and cream Soups...yummmmm.

Thank you so much for writing back!! Makes me feel better about things!!

I'm so glad to hear you are doing well!! I hope they advance you today :-) good luck!

I'm a week post-op like all of you - no more pain, just soreness and it gets better each day. I'm getting between 50-64 oz of Fluid a day, and between 50-60 g of Protein a day. I'm tired of the Protein shakes, but I make myself drink at least one each day. Other Protein comes from adding unjury unflavored to Soup broths. My incisions are itching too, and I don't know if I'll ever get all the tape residue off my tummy! I have an appointment with my surgeon today to get my drain out!

I get tired with the monotony of the liquid diet, but I know that I have to get through it. I just keep the end goal in sight - a healthier, better quality of life!

I am three days post-sleeve now and live in New Zealand. Everything still hurts. I feel like a bull has charged me in the guts. I had a big cry about 'god what did I do to myself'. I can only sip Water and slowly, and it hurts. I've had tiny sips of Protein drink. Every time I lie down, I belch up stuff. Please, please tell me it will get better and feel normal again. At the moment I feel desperate and panicky.

It does indeed get better. If you are truly miserable speak with your doctor about pain management. Now here's the hard part; you need to walk. Try walking for 5 minutes every hour. In between walking just sip, sip and get sipping. You don't want to get dehydrated. Also make sure you sit or stand for at least 30 mins after drinking

Edited by BLERDgirl

Yes it gets better! Take your time. Take your pain meds but try to walk a bit. Don't rush. Sip on your drinks and try some popsicles. I live on sugar free popsicles. My NUT counts those as Fluid intake too. But I promise you it gets better. U have to walk to move the air down in your tummy. Hope you feel better!

Edited by MzRed12