Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh then that's perfectly fine:) just keep in mind, u will be able to drink more than that soon. Your doctor will say the same at your follow up. Good luck :) you can do it!

I want to switch to the sleeve and still have questions. Why does everyone have so much trouble drinking the first few weeks after surgery?

And, you do not get sick/dehydrated only taking in a glass or two of liquids a day?

I want to switch to the sleeve and still have questions. Why does everyone have so much trouble drinking the first few weeks after surgery?

And, you do not get sick/dehydrated only taking in a glass or two of liquids a day?

With gastric bypass, your stomach goes to being extremely small, so too much liquid at once wouldnt go down so smoothly, everything is kind of in a healing process , so after a week or two it gets easier to swallow. You also should be sipping

On liquids all day long (baby sips) if you don't continue to sip then you will become dehydrated. Once you start to feel better things fall into place

Sorry I didn't see the sleeve part, I'm not sure if it's difficult to drink with the sleeve but it is a little difficult with the bypass in the beginning

Yes with the by pass it's hard to swallow and if I drink to fast I get hiccups and cramps, but I don't understand how they want u to stay hydrated wen it's hard to swallow n it impossible to get 64oz fluids a day I only get 4 oz and so right now I feel thirsty and need to gulp some fluids sown but it want allow me so what do I do if I am extremely thirsty

Edited by pingram11

You just have to baby sip, that's the only way to get through it, before baby sipping I would just take bigger sips and deal with the cramps Because I was so thirsty but then I just did tiny sips all the time and eventually It just got easier . The first week sucks so bad

All the time lol I would just walk off the cramps . I couldn't help it, I was so thirsty. But then i started doing tiny sips constantly and it got easier

Ok thanks for the help cause taken sips just don't quench my thirst and i was afraid to take a big one because I didn't know what would happen but if it's cramps I can deal with u no us woman goes thru cramp every month lol

How long since u had the surgery

Yes it sugar free, I can only drink 1 oz of it tho, I really didn't drink pops so I don't have that craving,

I did not know there was sugar apple juice. Whats the brand name and where can I get it?

It would have to be sugar free , unless your diabetic . If I drink anything with sugar i could get dumping syndrome. I've only been wanting ice cold Water though, although I'm missing diet Pepsi like crazy

Why can someone who is diabetic have sugar after surgery and not get dumping syndrome?

It would have to be sugar free , unless your diabetic . If I drink anything with sugar i could get dumping syndrome. I've only been wanting ice cold Water though, although I'm missing diet Pepsi like crazy

Why can someone who is diabetic have sugar after surgery and not get dumping syndrome?

They make them do half juice half Water