Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm done going through this procedure

I've officially given up on the sleeve process. I've decided to stick to a healthier lifestyle. The entire process to me is ridiculous and going through insurance it's intended to discourage one and to me personal get money from your insurance company. I didn't get an approval or denial I just stopped. I'm 5'2 203 lbs, I don't think the sleeve is a must for me..yes if I get it it's an added benefit but if I dont life will still be great. I honestly felt like a lab rat the entire process. Millions have lost weight w/out any surgery and I'll be one of them. Good luck to all. Today is the beginning of my new life

I agree with much of what you said and with what others have said. I am still making up my mind about band to sleeve revision but at this point I am leaning toward not getting it done. The band was a total failure. I hate it. However, when I lost 75 lbs (60 on my own) NONE of my medical conditions improved. You know how the medical community likes to say "even if you lose just 10% of your weight (or pick any percentage) your health will improve". Well, mine didn't and I lost 30%. I didn't have high BP or wasn't diabetic, but have been on statins and nexium for GERD. But most of all - all those know it all neurosurgeon who said losing weight would improve my back conditions - well guess what? It got worse after the band. It is my back, not my weight that limits me.

So, in my opinion the only reason to have WLS is to improve one's health. Looking better is a perk. I am 64 years old - I have maybe 20 years give or take on this earth and I'm not sure I want to spent them with worsening GERD, drinking my meals, eating mostly meat and maybe ending up hungry again after a year.

I have read all the extremes by those who have had this surgery - from those who were in pain from one crouton to those who said they eat normal foods during the week and all bets are off on the weekend with pizza and chocolate (in moderation). And everything in between.

As I said before - WLS is a crap shoot - you don't know if yours will be a success or failure until after the fact.

I think you are smart for making a decision that is right for you and I wish you the best of luck with it. There is lots of help out there for those who wish to change their eating habits and lose weight. I hope you find it.

Go, be free!

Bye.

I am glad I am being put through an extensive process before such a big life changing decision .... Without all of the tests I would have not found out about my gallstones untiI I had a horrible attack . I am thankful they are so thorough so there is little room for complication . The end result will all be worth it .

I am glad I am being put through an extensive process before such a big life changing decision .... Without all of the tests I would have not found out about my gallstones untiI I had a horrible attack . I am thankful they are so thorough so there is little room for complication . The end result will all be worth it .

They found a huge growth on my liver that could have been disastrous if gone undetected. This surgery saved my life in a few ways.

U and some of your miserable peers on here. . Smh Internet thugs

Name calling? Really? :(
girl/boy why are so obsessed w/ my post? You and your bariatric peers who definitely feel away towards what I posted are like somewhat mad and I'm not sure as to what or why. Dont agree w/ my post or decision ok, such is life. I think the sleeve is cool but it wasn't for me nor did I want to go through the process any longer I feel it's ridiculous simple

They found a huge growth on my liver that could have been disastrous if gone undetected. This surgery saved my life in a few ways.
that's great. . . .

And I thought my post was pretty valid...<sigh> Well, maybe someone else reading this thread will get something out of it. Sometimes wonder why I bother.

I'm curious about something.... If you have made the decision to not move forward with any type of bariatric surgery, and you plan on losing the weight and keeping it off in your own chosen method, why did you feel it was necessary to come here and let the world know of your decision?

Although there are some people on this website that are still in the decision making phase of their journey, you've made your decision if I'm correct. Did you post hoping that someone was going to try and talk you out of the decision you've made? And if that wasn't your intention, what made you think that anyone here really cared that you decided not to have surgery, not to mention you've continued to defend and fight against other members comments.

If you've decided you're not having surgery, then just leave the forum and go on with your life however you chose to live it. Why continue with any conversation at all?

I know that there are so many hoops to jump. It took me 11 months to get to my surgery. Manny times I wanted to quit. Especially after the psych dr told me I needed to love my fat self( even my 2nd psych dr said he's a skinny nut case) that delayed me 3 months and cost me 2 thousand dollars in co pays. Not to mention the fear of not waking up, the worry if it's going to work, the fear of pain. I get it. The fear of a heart attack of never seeing my son getting married, children, dying young being confined to the house...that's no life. I'd rather go thru hell this way and come out the other side. Good luck with your journey.

U and some of your miserable peers on here. . Smh Internet thugs

Name calling? Really? :(
girl/boy why are so obsessed w/ my post? You and your bariatric peers who definitely feel away towards what I posted are like somewhat mad and I'm not sure as to what or why. Dont agree w/ my post or decision ok, such is life. I think the sleeve is cool but it wasn't for me nor did I want to go through the process any longer I feel it's ridiculous simple

that's great. . . .
Girl/boy? :D Obsessed? :D Mad?

Nope, nope, nope. I was sincere in my posts to you. I'm certainly not obsessed, I'm simply chatting on a public message board. There's only one person here casting insults and name calling and it's not me! ;)

I wish you great luck! I mean it. :)

I have said it over and over don't do WLS if you haven't tried absolutely everything. I sincerely believe that lower BMI & younger people have a better chance of maintaining successfully and and should really try lifestyle programs first. If weight loss had been better supported i might have been able to do it when I weighed 200 .

In my case I had given good tries over the decades and lost lots of weight but sorta ratched my way up the scale. I was just hungry all the time.

I have been maintaining two years post sleeve so happy I did it, but wish I hadn't had to.

I sincerely wish you, and all of us, a successful weight loss to goal and good health in maintenance!

I'm curious about something.... If you have made the decision to not move forward with any type of bariatric surgery, and you plan on losing the weight and keeping it off in your own chosen method, why did you feel it was necessary to come here and let the world know of your decision?

Although there are some people on this website that are still in the decision making phase of their journey, you've made your decision if I'm correct. Did you post hoping that someone was going to try and talk you out of the decision you've made? And if that wasn't your intention, what made you think that anyone here really cared that you decided not to have surgery, not to mention you've continued to defend and fight against other members comments.

If you've decided you're not having surgery, then just leave the forum and go on with your life however you chose to live it. Why continue with any conversation at all?

just like you decided to read through this entire feed. . .same way I'm entitled to post whatever I like. . . .anything else you would like to know

just like you decided to read through this entire feed. . .same way I'm entitled to post whatever I like. . . .anything else you would like to know

Nope, but thanks for asking!

I'm all for people making informed decisions about their health. I certainly don't feel like anyone should feel obligated to have WLS. Personally WLS surgery was just another step in my journey to better health.

However, why post here? As far as I can tell no one here knows you in real life. If you are taking an alternative route why are you still posting on a bariatric site? Shouldn't you be on a wellness site that can give you tips on exercise and diet?

I'm sorry you had such an unplesant medical experience. Thankfully my program didn't make me feel as if I was a lab rat. They were and still are very personable and kind.

Whatever your journey is, I wish you well.