Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Top 10 Bariatric Post Op Mistakes

Thank you so much for sharing this article.. I was not very strict with taking my Vitamins and drinking Water, this has made me rethink on my bad habits and forced me to readjust and to correct my wrongs.

Again, thank you xox

There are several women I work with who don't take Vitamins, and don't believe they need to, it's just a way to sell bariatric Vitamins, and milk more money out of the patient. I am a FIRM believer in vitamins and Water.

I don't use bariatric vitamins for the same reason ... but I take a stack of vitamins twice a day, every single day. I load up my AM and PM Vitamin cases once a week.

I am having trouble finding the high dose calcium citrate for under $10. Like most people, I'm on a budget and I already spend more than enough on Protein powder.< /p>

Solaray Cal-Mag Citrate with Vitamin D 2:1 Ratio - 180 vegetarian capsules (1,000 mg calcium citrate 400IU Vitamin D) is $10.49 at allstarhealth.com, $11.33 at VitaminShoppe.com, and really cheap at Whole foods - which is where I buy it. I don't remember the exact price, just that I thought "Hey, that's not bad at all for 180 capsules".

Wow! Great article lexie, we go over most of this before surgery then rejoice in the weight loss and begin to feel invincible, we need the reminder. The one that really hit me is #10, 10. Assuming Surgery Has Cured Your Morbid Obesity, being almost 7 months out it almost feels too easy. Time to be extra vigilent about old habits finding their way back into our lives.

thank you for the website for the vitamins!!!! i have been using Bariatric fusion but they are 4 chewables a day and they taste like chalk.. and remembering to take them all day long has been anything but easy. I never remember them all... this is going to change EVERYTHING! thank you again!!!!!

@@*Lexie*

Thank you so much for sharing this article! Love it and as a great road map.

Lexi,

Great article. This should be given out by every Doctor/ Nutritionist at the 3month post-op follow up appointment.

Paula

I was a little weary about buying Vitamins from my bariatric center. Like wannaBthinsoon mentioned, I thought they were just trying to make more money off of me. After I did some research and experienced some trial and error with other brands, I decided to give their Vitamin a try. I'm glad I did because I feel great now and my blood work is in a healthy range at five months post op. Also, I haven't had any hair loss.

The Vitamin is a one a day capsule or chewable formulated by the University of Missouri Bariatric center. One capsule contains all the required supplement needs for sleeve, gastric bypass, and duodenal switch patients. It also has added nutrients like Biotin to prevent Hair loss. It's called "Bariatric One-a-Day" and you can find it at

www.procarenow.com. A 90 day supply is $34.99.

I don't make money promoting this vitamin. I just wanted to help others out who are trying to find a reliable bariatric vitamin. There really isn't much of an excuse to not take your Vitamins when all you need is one daily.

@@WL WARRIOR

Thank you for providing this information! I have been struggling to find a vitamin that I can tolerate and don't have to do create some kind of military calendar in order to take the correct amount with. I am going to give these a try!

Edited by Elizabeth21

Even though I am pre-op, this article was filled some great info I can begin to think about now. Thanks for sharing...

I love when people find great articles like this to share. Thank you!

Thank you Lexie for a great article! I'm only 7 days post op and still trying to get all the supplements in. So thank you WL warrior, one a day sounds so manageable!

I'm also printing the article for my daughter who is two years out and probably needs a boost!

Great article! Thanks for sharing!

Fantastic article!! Thanks for sharing!! I know #1 is still my problem.....but I dont take gulps like I used to....just a small sip to moisten up the inside of my mouth!! And #8.......its so hard to get motivated and go workout by yourself :-(