Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded Yesturday Gas Pain Horrible !

I hope you feel better very soon!

My contact person said the Gas X was of no use since the gas was in the body cavity and not the digestive tract.

That is interesting, and makes perfect sense. Does this mean that "expelling" gas the good old-fashioned way will not relieve the pain?

:phanvan

That is interesting, and makes perfect sense. Does this mean that "expelling" gas the good old-fashioned way will not relieve the pain?
From what I understand, most people have trouble with both intestinal gas and with gas in the body cavity. The GasX will only help with the intestinal gas. There isn't anything to help the body cavity gas except walking, which helps it get absorbed into tissue.

Walk, walk, walk, walk, and when you can't walk anymore, get up and walk some more. When you're not walking, sit in a rocking chair and ROCK. Not gently, but ROCK, as hard as you can stand it without causing more pain to your incisions..... Movement is the only thing that keeps that gas from settling into one spot, causing the shoulder pain.

I wouldn't! Your tummy has had some major changes done to it. If you get on a bike your legs are going to be moving into the bottom part of it and it's going to hurt after a while. That just some advise take it as you like. GOOD LUCK I promise the pain all goes way.

Hello, I was banded yesturday and I have severe gas pain, I never imagined that gas could hurt this badly. I have tried gas-x, it doesnt help at all. I have walked today. The problem I have is that my belly at teh port site hurts so badly that I cannot strain to get any gas out. I heard that the gas they inflate your belly with has to absorb into the tissue and be released, I suppose that explains why the gas is gettig worse not better. Do you have any advice that you could share ? Also I cannot believe how bad the port site hurts ! I am pretty tough when it comes to pain I am surprised at how sore I am wow it hurts. Did you feel miserable also and how long does the terrible gas pain stay ? I look pregnant and feel so much rumbling.

Thanks so much I am desprate it hurts:help:

Ok Lets see you have pain and called your Dr. to see what to do right?

Or you went to get the meds that he sent you home with for just this ocassion. No?

I am being a jerk I know. Its just that this dang gas pain is common but so often the patients has no idea what to do about it.

OK first use heat. Second walk and stand and move.

Thirdly Never ever ever use a pain killer that has not been smashed into teeny tiny bits.

Try liquid motrin. Small amounts. I have a patient/friend that took two tabs of Motrin and the pills sat in the restricted area and caused serious inflamation. She did not know that the pills did not disolve so later she took two more. The Chain reaction of inflamation then swelling caused her to almost lose her band. We unfilled her and she gained every pound she lost back. BUT she did not lose her band and she is much wiser now. Again never take hard pills.

HAHA! This is just too funny. OK so lets see now just where is the pain? And the gas you want to expell the normal way is located where? HAHA! Get the picture?

I was banded on the 27th and had horrible gas pain also, referred to the right shoulder area, I walked as soon as I was awake enough & walked & walked all night & day! I did use the gas x strip & think it did help move it once it got to the bowel area..Use it or not I doubt it would hurt either way.

Question for you Matt, my doc told me I could take a pill as long as it was no bigger than a M & M candy..I haven't tried it yet but would like to get back on my singuliar med..

-Sara