Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

List of Protein rich foods/values

here are some lists of major Protein sources - enjoy!

The following have 7-8 grams of protein each:

*1 oz cooked chicken, turkey,fish, lean meats

* 1/4 Water packed tuna, salmon

* 1 whole egg or 2 egg whites

*1/4 cup egg substitute

*1/4 cup cottage cheese

* 1/2 cup Beans, lentils, soybeans

* 1/2 cup tofu

* 2 tablespoons natural or low-fat nut butter

* 1/4 cup nuts (almonds, cashews, peanuts, pecans, soynuts, walnuts

* 1 cup mile or soy milk

* 1 cup yogurt

* 1 cup low-fat cheese

enjoy! Robinmarie

I like this thread, everyone post any that they've found, I always need good ideas! I'm a vegetarian so I'm always struggling with this. Here are my fav's:

Low Fat Cottage cheese has 14grams and is 100 calories for 1/2 cup. It's the perfect Breakfast for me!

Special K Protein Bars have 10g and 180 Calories, usually a mid-day snack if I haven't had a lot of Protein.< /p>

Special K also has a pink lemonade flavored Protein Powder that you add to Water, 5g of protein and low in calories (30 I think)

I switched from Special K Protein bars to South Beach Meal Replacement bars. They have 210 calories, but have 19g of Protein! They are a little higher in calories, but worth the extra Protein to me, since I have a hard time getting all my Protein in!

Thanks for all the Protein ideas, but I'm also interested to know in taste.

Like Special K, I tried their protein Water (lemon) when it first came out.. I thought it was disgusting. Because of this, I've never tried any other Special K protein items.

What do you guys think of these high protein food items (taste wise) you've found?

Laura- I like the taste of the South Beach bars. If you don't like soy though, they may be a little grainy (?) for you. But, the taste is good! I agree with you on the Protein Water. The taste was a little weird.

Cross-posted from another thread:

Proteins: soy (soymilk, tofu, soybeans, edemame), dairy (milk, cheese, yogurt, ESPECIALLY cottage cheese - so much protein), nuts, Beans and other legumes (like lentils)...

I'm a vegetarian, but fish and poultry are also packed with Protein. As I said on another thread though, beware salmonella when handling poultry (and eggs), mercury poisoning w/ fish, and avoid red meat, because it causes colon cancer among other problems - like heart problems.

Here's a resource for vegan protein, but again things like dairy and eggs are packed with protein (and yolks are high in cholesterol, so beware of that if you have a problem with it... sometimes if I'm making egg salad I'll use like one yolk and 2 egg whites, you can do the same w/ scrambled or you can eat no yolks at all... lots of places these days will serve egg white omelets or scrambles... i like the flavor of the yolk, so i might throw one in there...

Vegan food are primarily cholestorol free. I am not a vegan, I'm a vegetarian... people ask me "what do you eat?!" -- I eat everything, I don't consider animals food... even when I DID eat meat, it was maybe once a week or bi-weekly, it's very easy to maintain a mostly vegetarian lifestyle, and even people who love meat, like the New York Times' Mark Bittman are now saying that it's best to be mostly vegetarian... it's not that restrictive, and people like him still eat meat, just not all the time...

Protein in the Vegan Diet -- The Vegetarian Resource Group

Hi everyone, i havnt been banded yet, but felt i had something to offer this thread as my friend down the road is a nutritionist and she has given me a few good tips over the years. I am always seeking Protein rich food because i know that band or no band, protein helps you to feel fuller for longer.

The big high protein low calorie ingredient i use is hemp protein powder. I put it in a smoothie i have every morning, together with flax oil, tahini, apple, green barley grass, lecigran, and lemon and ginger to taste but never mind those other things....despite the good start, the chocolate binges come later on in the day :)

Hemp protein powder is a really high source of protein and amino acids. And probably quite easy to consume for people with lapband for it just needs to be mixed in with a smoothie or a shake.< /p>

Here is list of other nutrients hemp contains: chlorophyll, magnesium, potassium, sulphur, phytosterols, ascorbic acid, beta-carotene, Calcium, fibre, histidine, Iron, potassium, phosphorus, riboflavin, niacin and thiamine. It is also a rich source of Omega 3, 6. <---- yes yes, that didnt come from the top of my head it was pasted lol.

I would include a link to where i get mine from, but i dont want you all to think i am hijacking this thread to spam adverts. But if you want to know anything PM me and i'll give you a link, or let me know in a reply to this post and i shall edit a link into this post.

Hope that helps,

Love Dune.

Dune has a great idea. I tried it once or twice, it wasn't too bad. But, I'm just lazy. I am now on the Proti foods from Bariatrix Nutrition. I love them cause they are easy and high in Protein to keep me full longer. I get mine at prescriptionsforwellness.com

I started by using the sample diet they have listed on the site. But now I just listen to my stomach and watch how much I take in. It works well for me. I just need to watch my sugars. I still get the sugar cravings every now and then.

hey its a great thread thanks for the information

High Protein foods include meat, poultry and fish, eggs, dairy products, seeds and nuts, Beans and lentils, grains like wheat, rice, barley and corn, and soy products. These are generally recommended for athletes and body builders in their Weight gain diet.

High protein diet includes foods like eggs, milk, spinach, soybean, quinoa, meat, fish, whole grains, rice, beans, legumes, corn, oats, peas and Peanut Butter which are good sources of high protein.

Hi,

I tried to get to this site and it seems to no longer be there. I can never get in enough Protein without a shake or two. Could someone tell me how to find a "sticky"?

Thanks

Hey have you try those Greek yogurt chowani I think their called their about 14g of protein