Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have had to make a note for myself and stick it on the computer, on my car dashboard etc to help me remember how it works

Breath out

Swallow

Breath in

and repeat..............

I have allocated the portion of time required to follow this routine to my daily workout as it requires concentration. I have tried it and I will report that after an initial very small burp upon completion of my guzzling of Water that's IT, no prolonged symphony anymore. Miss LL you may be on to something here. How does it work for eating. I still have orchestra after a meal.

D

I am not really experiencing issues with burping. What I am experiencing is like a pain/discomfort feeling of my heart. It kinda happens when I sneeze or burp. Almost feels like heart burn but its not...anyone have these feelings?

I am not really experiencing issues with burping. What I am experiencing is like a pain/discomfort feeling of my heart. It kinda happens when I sneeze or burp. Almost feels like heart burn but its not...anyone have these feelings?

Burping is a fact of life for me. It usually happens when I eat too fast. You know, eat it before someone takes it from you!!! lol:))

My problems now consist of people seeing how much weight I've lost and now saying "put some weight back on" "your too skinny" ha! if they only knew how difficult a journey it has been. Not a hope and prayer that I will put any weight back on.

Hope to hear from you soon. Email me at mmschaffer51@yahoo.com

would love to hear from you.

I was burping like mad, and still do. I am 2 weeks post op and wow did it ever hurt to burp. It felt like it was stuck and then came thru and then it felt like my band was being ripped out!

I was so scared that burping and this ripping feeling would be bad for my band, and I am still not sure if it causes band slippage or not. :confused2: Perhaps someone has an answer for this.

It hurts very rarely now to burp, thank goodness.

Burping is exactly that air moving from the lower part of your stoma up and escaping.. I still burp but it is a silent thing, I am not letting belches rip, can't do an alphabet or anything like that. I find that sometimes the position of my body matters too laying down for a massage I need to make sure the air is out.. or I get a pressure and a silent burp of air moving up and out. I do burp with carbonated beverages and that is normal.

Doddie was exactly right about swallowing air with drinking and eating, make an effort to chew with your mouth closed and not talk. I like drinking with a straw I have heard it introduces more air into the system but I find for me it works the opposite and introduces less air when I am drinking. Or I try to sip keeping my lips close to the glass and not gulp air with the liquid. Either that or make sure when I am drinking the liquid covers my mouth such as chugging a liquid (god I miss chugging a whole glass of milk can only get 5 chugs in and it is stop or puke)

The gas coming out the other end is just what we eat.. remember with the band nothing in our digestion is changing we absorb the products that create gas for farting the same exact way as we did prebanding. You might look at what you are eating to see if it is a food type that is producing more gas than you want. I have wondered over the years if that the reason that some bandsters feel they have more gas is because they are eating so much less that it really concentrates the foods that are causing the gas and allows them to produce as much as possible with very little interfere with that gas producing ability!

Heather

I was burping like mad, and still do. I am 2 weeks post op and wow did it ever hurt to burp. It felt like it was stuck and then came thru and then it felt like my band was being ripped out!

I was so scared that burping and this ripping feeling would be bad for my band, and I am still not sure if it causes band slippage or not. :confused2: Perhaps someone has an answer for this.

It hurts very rarely now to burp, thank goodness.

The immediate post op burp hurts because they have intubated you and bruised all your abdomen muscles with the surgery (all the trochars punch painful holes in you) and the gas is worse immediate post op because the docs pump you full of it and it has to escape somehow, so it reabsorbed and you burp and fart. The move you move the faster the gas goes away..

But don't worry about burping dislodging the band it would have to be an earth shattering burp to rip out the stitches in the stomach they anchor that little sucker pretty tight.

Good luck on your journey and keep posting.

Heather

Thank you so much for the reply. I was worried that I would do damage and was trying to hold in my burps...which I didn't have much success at. LOL