Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The way my doctors office is billing my procedure is with an out of network facility and in network surgeon. It ends up costing me less that way.

My paperwork was sent to insurance on Friday the 13th (hope that's not a sign) and I called yesterday to confirm that had received it and they had. They said they received it yesterday the 16th and that it usually takes 15 days to render a decision.

I got an email this afternoon from my insurance stating that my company has made some changes to our medical plan. One of the changes being that bariatric surgery can only take place at an in network center of excellence starting April 1.

Doc office wants to schedule me for a March surgery, but I'm just worried that something is going to happen that would push me into April :-/

Sorry so long. Just venting. :(

Have no idea how this posted twice. Is there a way to delete one of them?

i would be sure to call whoever you talk to in the surgeon's office about this and that you MUST have it before April 1. I would think that is fine...I was scheduled just two weeks out

good luck!

I emailed my patient advocate right after I read the email. If I don't hear from her tomorrow morning then I am going to call the office and see if there is anyway to expedite the process. They are very optimistic that I'm going to be approved so I've been thinking about seeing if they can go ahead and set a date for me that way there isn't a possibility of surgery dates getting filled up. I was already anxious about all this before the email, and now it's worse.. Gonna be the longest 2 weeks ever.

Patient advocate replied this morning and said she was going to forward the information on to their insurance company. Not entirely sure what that means. But I called later today and spoke with the person who had submitted everything to my insurance and let her know and she said she is going to contact her boss and for me to call back next week.

I have a patient advocate with True Results. She contacts my insurance for me and makes sure that everything's in order. She calls me and emails me often to let me know how things are proceeding.

Edited by Angelpoet73

I'm going through True Results. The patient advocate is someone who has been through this whole process themselves so they can answer all your questions. Help with insurance. They are my go to person. My patient advocate had the lap band and has lost 100lbs.