Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got banded in Springfield MO??

Hi all! I am in Springfield, MO but have not yet had surgery. I am just beginning the process of insurance approval. I have my first appointment with Dr. Edwards on 6/19.

I'm glad this group is here. I was hoping to run into someone from this area. :)

Tabitha

The rain is crazy! Yesterday there was 3 inches in our rain gauge and today it was another whole inch! I'm glad we aren't near a large river. However, I live in the Galloway area, and the shops down there on Lone Pine on the east side of the road could be floating away anytime now.

The support groups are great! I've only been to 2 so far, but I think they are always lead by Katie the psychologist you may have seen and are very informative. Once there was a speaker then we split up into two groups, lap band and RNY then just talked about what we were going through at the moment, etc. Last night, Katie spoke about "trading one addiction for another" and it was very interesting. She always involves everyone. It can never hurt to just have some "fellowship" with others who have had the procedure. I intend to go every month. You should try it!

Is everyone enjoying all the rain??? Ready for the heat?? and humidity???

Legster I have not yet made it to any of the meetings... I guess I'm scared of the unknown..... please tell me as much as you can about the meetings and what I could expect---- don't be shy... I want to good and bad!!

How is everyone?? Mo and Kansas.... keep on posting!!!

Hi guys, I'm from Joplin and wish I had, had surgury closer to home. I feel alot of restriction with my second fill- prob too much. Hope to hear from you all soon, by the way when is the support group? I would love to go and meet some more bandsters from the area-

Tabitha and cvaden-- WELCOME TO OUR LITTLE THREAD!!

Tabitha have you met Dr.Edwards yet...at all? I really liked him since I first heard him at seminar. He seems to be quite competent at all he does. He did such a great job with my surgery...I've slept on my tummy since that same day. Some people can't get back to tummy sleeping for weeks!

cvaden-- I thought about going to Columbia MO, I had even been email back and forth to a nurse at their offices. -- But I do not travel well (car sickness) and thought that would be bad for a new band!!!

Keep on posting- and pray for no more flooding...(No drought either)...is there a happy medium?

I just might make it to one of those meeting..remind me please-legster!

I've not actually met Dr. Edwards on an individual basis yet...just saw him at the group informational session. I will meet with him on Tuesday.

I've heard a lot of good things about him from other medical professionals - it's nice to hear good things from someone who has actually seen him as a patient!

I got a letter from my insurance co. approving the consult with Dr. Edwards, so I'm hoping that is a sign of approval for the surgery!! I'm trying not to get my hopes up.:rolleyes

Good luck with the consult Tabitha! Make sure you ask him anything you want to know! He seemed quite open about answering my two/full pages of questions!

cvaden, what made you choose Columbia?? Were you satisfied with you surgeon and their staff??

Thanks, Mazie! Had my consult today and meeting with psych. It went well. Doc seems to think it will be approved - he knows more about it than I do so I'm hoping he's right this time. We'll see what happens in the next few weeks. :nervous

Hi, I am from Springfield and Dr. Chris Edwards will be my Dr. Have returned all my info and am waiting to hear from his office. How are you doing, how long after allo papers and records in before banding. questions, questionslol. Would love to hear what is going on with you.

Lindao1

Tabitha and Linda01- it won't be long now.....

I went to a seminar in Feb 2007, did all necessary stuff and got banded on April 2-2007, was going to be in late March but, Doc. had to go out of town. I was self pay, and that sometimes goes faster than insurance (and playing phone-tag and mail-tag). BUT FOR ME, LESS THAN 60 DAYS.

Seminar 2-10?-07

Surgery 4-2-07...10 cm size band & was told it holds 5 cc/ml

First fill 5-17-07...........= 1cc/ml

Second fill 5-31-07.......= 1.6cc/ml

Third fill 6-21-07..........= 2.2cc/ml

Good luck to all and keep on posting!

Things seem to be moving rather quickly for me too. So far, the longest part of the process was getting my paperwork to the office - I mailed it out and it took 2-3 weeks for Mary to get it in the mail. So far I have seen the psych and had one appointment with doc. Mary comes back today - she was gone for two weeks, which slowed things down - so I'm hoping things start moving again. I really want a date at the beginning of August. I'm going to Maryland the last week of July and really want to be able to enjoy that. ;)

Insurance approval will probably take the longest.

My advice to the newest patients going through Dr. Edwards office would be to take it to the front desk, don't mail it in. You may even ask for Mary... sometimes they let you see her, and sometimes not.

Keep us posted on the progression towards surgery... good luck.

TO ALL ..KEEP ON POSTING... it's nice to hear from others who are from the same area, and/or doc. It gives us more things in common to discuss.

I'm going in for my first fill tomorrow. Because Dr. Edwards also repaired a hiatal hernia at the time of banding, he asked to be there to watch the fluoroscope for any irregularities. I'm psyched! I need more restriction! And i definitely need it over this holiday at the lake!

FYI, the next New Beginning Support Group for Dr. Edwards' patients will be on Monday, July 9.

Legster- is this your first fill? When was surgery? Oh Boy... special treatment a fill with the doc???? I hope all goes well. They do finally have the machine in the building his office is in... no more going all the way over to Hospital for fills now. Up date us on the fill and how every thing looks from the dual surgery.

Linda and Paisley- Got dates? Are you both going through insurance? I was self-pay!!! and I'm a stay at home mom... hubby no rich man either...lol.

CVADEN? how's the restriction now-OK or still too much?

mazie, my surgery was on 5/14/07, so about 6 weeks ago. Yes, I feel speshul having the Dr. there. lol I have the larger band. I don't want any problems, but I hope he's not too conservative on first fills. That said, I'm a little nervous leaving for the lake (Bull Shoals, Protem area) 2 days later to be with 16 relatives...only one of which know about my surgery. I'm thinking they will know something is up even if I can eat some regular foods. But if I'm still on broth or full liquids the jig will be up! Oh, well.

Hi maziemommy,

Still haven't heard from Mary yet. Getting VVVery nervous. I have alot of health problems and I hope none of these cause a problem with having the band surgery.

Wonder if I should call Mary. Hubby hasy give it a couple more days. Trying. lol

I also am self pay.

Keeping my fingers crossed, and thinking good thoughts.

Thank you for the interest and support. Really is appreciated.

PS three weeks sisnce I sent papers in.