Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got banded in Springfield MO??

MazieMommy - Wow! You are doing wonderful! You are my inspiration! I am so excited to get started on this journey. I know it will be a lot of work but I can not wait. How often do you exercise? Has the Holidays been hard with eating?

I think a lot of my questions have been answered by reading a lot on this site. I think the only thing that would make me more comfortable about the procedure is if my Gynecologist new more about the lap-band. Hopefully Dr. Edwards can give me so information so I can give my Gynecologist. I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!

Updates from everyone??????????

Princess21------ I try to exercise at least three times a week... some weeks I do more, and some less. I had a high starting weight.. maybe that helps it come off faster, I don't know one way or anther on that for sure. Our family had "cookie cutting day", and other traditions related directly to food... but I have done far better this year than ever before. True Restriction is valuable to me!!!

Tabitha.. update?

TO ALL.... THINKING OF YOU AROUND THE HOLIDAYS, GOOD LUCK AND GREAT HEALTH TO ALL OF US!

Hi Maziemommy:

It's good to hear you survived cooking cutting day unscathed. The holidays are a tough time to get thru with food everywhere. I spent last weekend with the aunts, uncles and cousins and enough food to feed an army and tomorrow will be with my brother's family and MORE food. I'm not banded yet and it's hard to resist.

I had my sleep study on Friday night and it confirmed I have severe sleep apnea. I need to go back one more night to be fitted with a CPAP. It will be so nice to to get a decent night's sleep and not feel more tired when I wake up than I did when I went to bed. :notagree

How's you're Mom doing? Is she home for Christmas?

Everyone have a Happy Holiday!

Karen

Merry Christmas all! Or, Happy Holidays if you prefer!

Mazie, I don't really have much to update. Although, I do think I have a bit of restriction now. I can't get anything except liquids down before noon...sometimes even 1:00pm.

So, with 99 lost a few days ago did you make it to your 100 goal by today? I hope so! I'm really proud of you!

No Goal! But I am still very happy where I am compared to where I had been:clap2:. Too much anxiety goes along with goal setting, for me, so I will stick to being "progress oriented". As I was, 1 pound from goal, now I am 3 pounds from it:rolleyes! lol

:hungry:IHOP banana/pecan pancakes... @5:30am Christmas eve morning... can you say "self sabotage" :doh: ? This same type of thing happened to me at 75 pounds lost too:(!

Mom was home for the Holiday :crutch:(from heart surgery). She is not sure when she will want to re-schedule her band surgery.. :drama:or if she wants to at all.

Holidays:confused:...... food and stress? or good times and family? memories.. good/bad? anyone care to comment?

I hope everyone had a good Christmas! I had my appointment with Katie, the psychologist today. She was happy to see that I had done my homework on the lap band. I told her that I had been on lapbandtalk.com and everyone's stories has helped answer a lot of questions.

I am so excited to get started on this journey. I am going to try to walk 30 minutes a day. I started that goal today. I know it will be a lot easier once I get once I start losing weight. Since the holidays are over I am trying to eat healthier. :rolleyes:

When is the monthly meetings here in Springfield? Do any of you attend the meetings?

Hi Mazie - Yes, Protein drinks for breakfast. Sometimes, in order to take meds, I will eat a few chips or Cereal. It is strange that I can eat chips (not many) and Cereal, but nothing else. Oh well, I seem to make up for it after 1:00pm. :cry

I'm glad your mom was home for the holidays. I hope she doesn't give up on the surgery idea.

Princess21 - I think the meetings are the 2nd Monday (someone please corrrect me if I am wrong) of each month at 5:30pm. I have been to a couple of them - it is nice to see some friends I've made through this process, but I don't always find the meeting helpful. You should go though and form your own opinion.

Off to do house chores...Have a good day all!

I'm paying the price for the holidays. Up 1.5 pounds. :party:

Time to get back to eating right. 2 more months of doctor supervised diet/exercise and I'd better have something to show the insurance company I can stick to the rules so they'll approve my band.

I am going to make 2008 a great year whether it wants to be or not!

Happy New Year!

Karen

Who is oyur psych eval being done through. I am Ft Wood area, ya know of anyone there?

If you're going through St Johns in Springfield, Katie Waldron will do the psych eval. She's really nice and the evaluation is nothing to stress about. I don't know about the Ft Wood area.

KJL

For those of you who have followed....

My Mom was doing pre-op testing for a band... failed a stress test... needed immediate triple by-pass heart surgery... that was Dec. 12 or 13?

She went home and was recovering before Christmas...

She had a reaction to blood thinners... now she has MANY clots.. in ICU again... has had a heart attack, and suffered a medium amount of heart damage(several small attacks/little or no damage)... they are watching for clots to travel, or bleeding (major or minor).

Two of her by-passes need to be re-done... I'm not sure she will allow them to open her back up to do this all again.

MY THOUGHT.. IF ANYONE IS CONSIDERING GETTING A BAND/ BEING HEALTHIER.... TELL THEM GO GET INFO NOW -NOT LATER- -DO NOT WAIT- WAITING TO GET HEALTHY MAY BE TOO LATE.

Self update... I have not lost any weight while dealing with all of this,(just separated from my husband too)... but I am scheduled for a fill the 10th.

2008 will be a spectacular year! Hope to hear everyone is having less stress, and a great start to 2008.

Thank you so much -I am accepting any and all prayers at this time.

Hope you are doing well-2bthinagn---- and every one else too.

Mazie,

So sorry to hear about your mother. I am a Christian and will definitely keep her in my prayers. You also, as you are going through such a struggle right now. Just put your trust in God and he will see you through these hard times!

God bless!!

weight.png