Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got banded in Springfield MO??

"NEXT STEP"... support group for lap-band and by-pass patients only, no support people or visitors, if you are at least 6 months post -op. I think 4th Monday...at surgery center class room 4a--if you get that far out and want to go, check for correct info. I have only been to one group meeting but would like to go more often.

How is restriction after first fill.....and 2 fills? EVERYONE? It took four fills for me!

You are eligible for all the support groups in UN5's post. And, believe me, the six months until Next Step will just fly by!

Hello, I actually live in Arkansas but just right over the border and am set up to have my first consultations at the weightloss surgical center in MO. I have been searching everywhere for information on the two doctors I am considering for my surgery. The first is Dr Edwards which I have been reading about in your posts. Everyone seems to really like him. I had momentarily decided against him because I was able to get into Dr Nigro's seminar quicker, and the facility seemed realy nice. I have a Consult set up with Dr Nigro for the end of the month and Can not find any info on him. Has anyone heard of him or had him as their doctor? :help:

Thanks so much,

smiletracy

Where is Dr. Nigro's practice located? I'm not finding much (if any) info on him. Is he in Overland Park, KS?

I just can't find much about Dr. Nigro online. That doesn't really mean much, but I would ask at the seminar how many times he has performed the lap band procedure.

I've heard of Dr. Nigro only from seeing info about the WLSC online. Their office is in KS, but they have space somewhere here in Springfield. I think they are down by the Cox medical mile area.

I too have heard of him... but he is not here full time.?.Do they do surgery here in Springfield or KS? What about fills, and follow up or emergency?

I was a patient of Dr. Edwards...and really love him!

My Mom is finishing up her insurance requirements this week, and then the approval wait is on. She will also be going with Dr. Edwards.

I set an appointment for a fill today!!!!!!! It will not be until Dec.!

I spoke with him about this, and he said "very soon they will be adding another person, and more time to do more fills". I hope he was telling truth! That will be great to get in when we want/need to! That is the very worst thing about this office, is currently the wait for a fill is 3+ weeks. This should be corrected very soon. I guess I knew this already so I should have called a week ago! My bad!

Tabitha- how many fills so far? And how are they doing? You sounded pretty disappointed about getting started on losing...any better now?

Legster- your ticker shows great progress... what can/do you typically eat in a day?

Barb???????

Bad-sheepy??????

theCapn- as far as I know, the support groups are all available to anyone, with the one exception. I hope to take my mom to one this coming Monday...

Anyone going to a meeting this coming Monday..?????? If so, when and where???

"Legster- your ticker shows great progress... what can/do you typically eat in a day?"

Breakfast: I pkg. Weight Control oatmeal (banana bread flavor, yum) with a TBLS of flaxseed meal, 2 TBLS blueberries (frozen at this time of year) and about 6 walnut halves broken into smaller pieces

Lunch: Leftover soup/jambalaya/turkey chili/etc. that I have frozen in a 1 cup container

Dinner: This varies, of course, but is built around the Protein factor. Tonight it will be a (frozen) breaded halibut fillet I get at Sam's and some roasted fresh asparagus. Last night I had a black bean taco with queso fresco cheese, romaine lettuce and some Mexican Villa taco sauce (the sweet stuff). Tomorrow I'm going to make more of the chili I mentioned above. I make it heavy on the ground turkey breast and light on the "soup" and I always make plenty to freeze for later.

Snack: I have been doing really well lately with no snacking in the evening (or anytime). This is HUGE for me! But if I just can't get that snack out of my head, I have a Yoplait light yogurt with some chopped pecans or a few pita chips with one wedge of Laughing Cow Light speadable cheese.< /p>

I don't find myself feeling truly restricted, but if I portion out my meals and just eat that then THINK about if I'm still hungry, I never eat any more than that.

Hope this wasn't more info that you wanted! :-)

Thanks Legster....Never too much info. for me......I am one who always wants more info. than most are willing to offer! lol Another question...If you are not really restricted...what keeps you eating such small portions, and such great choices? Willpower? This I would not truly understand, as I have never had willpower for more than ..maybe a week at a time(always followed by three weeks of pure failure). Funny? but true!

Well, you know, I have always enjoyed healthy food. I just ate WAY too much of it! Add to that some evening binging (usually on cheese and starches) and that's how I got where I am today.

I do have some restriction, but many times feel like I really could eat a lot more. I just don't ever test it. How I manage to do that is by paying attention and stopping when I feel satisfied. I know. It was a foreign concept to me, too, but it works these days! Try it!

I'm sure eventually my resolve will wear thin and I can get a fill to help me over that. For now, I'm enjoying not having to worry about taking larger pills, etc.

Tabitha- how many fills so far? And how are they doing? You sounded pretty disappointed about getting started on losing...any better now?

Hi Mazie! I've just had the one fill so far. I go back this Thursday for my second one. I'm hoping that gives some restriction. I'm still pretty discouraged about the slow process...even more so now hearing that you had to wait until December to get your next fill appointment. That is ridiculous! So, if this next one is not enough for me, that means I will be waiting another month or longer to get a third one. I was hoping to have it done before then end of December so that my insurance will pay for it. Also it bothers me because those of us that had insurance to pay for this only have services included for 90 days after surgery...well, if you can't get in to get anything done during that 90 days what good is that!?! I have an appointment with Edwards on the 27th and I'm going to mention it to him. I may even call Donna tomorrow and make sure I'm understanding that 90 days thing. Honestly, if I had known how difficult this part was going to be (and how slow) I might have considered bypass a little more.

Now that I have complained...

It's good to hear from everyone on here!

Great to hear from you again, Tabitha, I am sorry about the slow start.....maybe you can schedule a third fill before getting a second...just to hold a spot.

Dr. E. did say they may get more fill time and staff as soon as two weeks.....but on the phone, scheduling mine, they said NO WAY could I get in there earlier! She wouldn't even put me down for cancelations etc... I hope he was serious! I haven't really lost in two weeks or more...now to wait for them...I hope I gain nothing while waiting!!!!!!!!!